EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s pretty crazy that Abers, Strathmore & Keilor all had there 2nd side play finals against a bunch of teams 1st team at U18 level.

The difference in quality coming through is just ridiculous
Is it really that crazy! What % of junior footballers (U10-U16) play at Abers, Strathmore or Keilor? Look at the numbers feeding into their senior club and nobody should be surprised that they are beating Burnside, Kangaroos, Taylor’s Lakes etc 1st/only under 18 team.

Keilor.

I read they’re undefeated since 2019. Are they just so dominant given the depth in their Senior and reserves side?

I’d also been meaning to ask, looking at the Thirds scores recently - I saw Glenroy had been “disqualified”.

What was the story there?
got disqualified after round 10 for the rest of the season from round 11 on, ruined the comp as they were the 5th side in it and actually had beaten hillside who were top 2 in one of their last games played before disqualification, were disqualified for reoccurring behaviour whether that was fights umpire abuse from players or everything in between. led to their being multiple forfeits for the rest of the year and teams only playing couple games in the back end of the year, not sure they'll go back to making it 1 comp but will have to something about making div 1 thirds less of a circus

got disqualified after round 10 for the rest of the season from round 11 on, ruined the comp as they were the 5th side in it and actually had beaten hillside who were top 2 in one of their last games played before disqualification, were disqualified for reoccurring behaviour whether that was fights umpire abuse from players or everything in between. led to their being multiple forfeits for the rest of the year and teams only playing couple games in the back end of the year, not sure they'll go back to making it 1 comp but will have to something about making div 1 thirds less of a circus
Actually think there President pulled the team after dealing with constant issues from their 3rds team. But you’re right they seemed to have a few problems. That 3rds comp should be changed so one is 3rds and one is maybe club 21 for under 21s. I’m sure the reason it was bought in was to keep kids out of 18.5 in the sport. So if they were not good enough to play seniors or worked and couldn’t train they play Friday nights. But then a few clubs spoilt it by having idiots fill numbers and once it got to hard they wanted to fight or more throw cheap shots or late hits.

Deer Park finished the season strong on field and 2025 cannot come quickly enough as the build gains serious momentum. The EDFL and all competing clubs should be very appreciative of the numbers Deer Park brings to each clubs home games v Deer Park. Whilst potting Deer Park is a sport for some it is very pleasing to see the spirit and contribution Deer Park has made not only to the league but individual clubs in the Deer Park supporters attendance at away games throughout the year. To my combatants on here whilst we have had some disagreements over the course of the season I can honestly say you are not my enemy because we have the common interest of football at heart. Thank you.

Deer Park finished the season strong on field and 2025 cannot come quickly enough as the build gains serious momentum. The EDFL and all competing clubs should be very appreciative of the numbers Deer Park brings to each clubs home games v Deer Park. Whilst potting Deer Park is a sport for some it is very pleasing to see the spirit and contribution Deer Park has made not only to the league but individual clubs in the Deer Park supporters attendance at away games throughout the year. To my combatants on here whilst we have had some disagreements over the course of the season I can honestly say you are not my enemy because we have the common interest of football at heart. Thank you.
May you enjoy a long summer in the gym and online shopping for your designer t shirts and trackie pants Longblow.. For what it's worth I think DP play finals next year

Serious question. How was it that most people I speak with agree that Deer Parks 2024 Premier team was inferior to their 2023 Div 1 team. I know a couple of their boys went to the US having a crack at punting - however with everyone dropping a point, in theory the 2024 team should have been stronger.. just curious how this played out?

Serious question. How was it that most people I speak with agree that Deer Parks 2024 Premier team was inferior to their 2023 Div 1 team. I know a couple of their boys went to the US having a crack at punting - however with everyone dropping a point, in theory the 2024 team should have been stronger.. just curious how this played out?

It was more than the US boys that left.
last years GF starting 22 team player that left are below.

Luke Goater, Levi Greenwood, Bailey Morrish, Todd Elton, Lachlan Smart, Nash Holmes, Timothy Quick, Kane Testa, Wade Lees, Mark Nicholls
Then add a few more that were not picked for GF such as Mick Edwards, R Van Reit.

11 x players too big a task to replace all in 1 year.

All in all DP must be pleased with final position on table.

Last edited:
It was more than the US boys that left.
last years GF starting 22 team player that left are below.

Luke Goater, Levi Greenwood, Bailey Morrish, Todd Elton, Lachlan Smart, Nash Holmes, Timothy Quick, Kane Testa, Wade Lees, Mark Nicholls
Then add a few more that were not picked for GF such as Mick Edwards, R Van Reit.

11 x players too big a task to replace all in 1 year.

All in all DP must be pleased with final position on table.

So how did they recruit so well for a Div 1 season (which is a good effort and hard to do, given div 1) but not retain the bulk of those premiership players heading into a premier grade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how did they recruit so well for a Div 1 season (which is a good effort and hard to do, given div 1) but not retain the bulk of those premiership players heading into a premier grade?
They couldn't recruit too many players due to points so had to use 3 to 4 players each week from last year's reserves and in the end the lack of depth in the side is the reason they were not as good as 2023 side.
Lost a few game they should have won. I went to a few games and noticed lack of rotation from bench due to lack of quality on bench that led to fade outs in 4th quarter in many games.

They couldn't recruit too many players due to points so had to use 3 to 4 players each week from last year's reserves and in the end the lack of depth in the side is the reason they were not as good as 2023 side.
Lost a few game they should have won. I went to a few games and noticed lack of rotation from bench due to lack of quality on bench that led to fade outs in 4th quarter in many games.
How many home grown juniors did they have?

A handful like Keilor
Once again a rash inaccurate claim easily debunked by a little bit of investigation.
Last Saturday Keilor had 13 players who played all their football at the club. There were a further 3 locals unavailable through injuries.
There was a further 6 who have been at the club for at between 4 and 7 years, and This leaves just 3 new to the club this year- all coming as senior players.

APW player #19 rubbed out for 4 weeks for a front on hit off the ball to pacco player. Umpires disgusted with APW bench, and had to go over and have a word to tell them to shut up with the abuse as injured player on the ground. 4 weeks a good result for a thug dirty act.

It's not netball it was a hard legal hit that got him on shoulder an it was right nere the ball this is why no one goes to edfl premier it's soft boring football
😂😂😂😂
Not legal at all… front on contact, eyes definitely not on the ball that had gone past pacco player.
Mate, you don’t get 4 weeks for nothing! If it were nothing, he may have got maybe 1 or 2… but he got 4 weeks, says it all really.

😂😂😂😂
Not legal at all… front on contact, eyes definitely not on the ball that had gone past pacco player.
Mate, you don’t get 4 weeks for nothing! If it were nothing, he may have got maybe 1 or 2… but he got 4 weeks, says it all really.
He over ran yhe ball then had no opinion to brace for compact it was split second this is what's fkd afl now shits dribbling down to edfl stop being a soft **** this is footy it's good to see if hd hit him in head fine 4 weeks but he should not be playing gor next 2 weeks either protocol head nock but let's see I bet he plays so its just shoulder hit its play on

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back