EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t surprise where Guvners frustration comes from. Strathmore 2’s players were being disgraceful during their 2’s semi vs Marby last week. The young 19 year old that was knocked out with a king hit head butt 5 weeks earlier was getting jeered by the Strathmore players during the game. Calling out “ Headbutt” and asking “ What happened to your face ?” In reference to the huge scar he’s been left with.
They may have done well this year as far as win/loss and finals go but they are a disgrace of a club. How they let their players behave like that is the poorest form of sportsmanship.

Stax, you can defend them all you like but they’ve dropped off a cliff with their behaviour.

Wouldn’t be surprised if junior membership drops off over the next few years.
Disgraceful club.
Charlie, firstly you’ve got a credibility problem if you’re using Guvners posts as vindication of your criticism of Strathmore.
His first post was a gloating personal snipe at Hamish McIntosh and Nathan Grima, basically impugning McIntosh in particular. Those blokes each played 100 odd AFL games for the club he supports. Only when challenged on his pissweak post, did he then claim that it was the alleged behaviour of Strathmore supporters that brought about his post. This hero then wanted to physically fight a poster who dared to criticise him. Maybe you missed that post, as the moderator deleted it, and he’s now enjoying a time out. Give us a break.

If what you are saying about Strathmore players verbal sledging of the injured Marby player is correct, then that is regrettable, and they should be ashamed of themselves. A lot of sledging takes place in games, some of it relatively harmless, some no doubt crosses the line. Sounds like this crossed the line, particularly as the injury was caused by a Strathmore player.

Totally reject your assertion that Strathmore are a “ disgrace of a club “. I suppose you can only hope that their junior membership drops off, but not showing any signs of doing so at the moment, the opposite if anything. As I have previously said, incidences of on field violence perpetrated by players at your own club don’t appear to have affected your junior programme.
Not as pathetic as football clubs defending the actions of thugs on the football field.
Strathmore did no more or less than other clubs ( yours included ) in defending their players ( guilty or innocent ) at tribunals. The player involved got his just desserts, no sympathy from me.

You seem to be obsessed with the idea that this player in particular should be turfed out of the club because of his on field actions. Pity you don’t hold your own club to the same lofty standards. Otherwise a couple of your 2009/10 premiership players would have got the Kyber. Always a bit of a risk taking the sanctimonious, moral high ground and denigrating other clubs, particularly when your own backyard is far from being clean. It can be a double edged sword.

Last edited:
Turbo you feeling ok??? A post that actually makes sense :p

However you did tell me Hardingham could stay as long as he likes a couple pages back when I jokingly suggest the chap form Manor Lakes should contact him..

Hey Tyson, that’s still the case I believe. His more than welcome to stay it’s just not going to be in the role off Capt/Coach as per the clubs official statement release. The model the club is now moving to has been successful at a number of clubs ie the 2 sides who are playing in the GF this week and previous years. Clubs must move forward in this era if you want success.

Good luck mate.

Doesn’t surprise where Guvners frustration comes from. Strathmore 2’s players were being disgraceful during their 2’s semi vs Marby last week. The young 19 year old that was knocked out with a king hit head butt 5 weeks earlier was getting jeered by the Strathmore players during the game. Calling out “ Headbutt” and asking “ What happened to your face ?” In reference to the huge scar he’s been left with.
They may have done well this year as far as win/loss and finals go but they are a disgrace of a club. How they let their players behave like that is the poorest form of sportsmanship.

Stax, you can defend them all you like but they’ve dropped off a cliff with their behaviour.

Wouldn’t be surprised if junior membership drops off over the next few years.
Disgraceful club.
I would have to agree their actions and comments were not warranted.

Surprised at the lack of commentary on here about the dropping the ball decision that wasn't paid to the Mores with 20 secs to go, 30mtrs out from Smore goal. I am no Umpire basher, in fact I think they do a great job,, but that cost Mores a chance to play in the GF & possibly a flag. I suppose the only accountability is the umpires in the vicinity being dropped for this week. Big Mistake with huge consequences for Strathmore FC

Potentially yeh it coulda been paid, but several others in the final stages coulda been awarded either way also.
To say just that cost Strathmore after 100 odd minutes of game defining decisions, both by skills and in the mind for me is drawing a long bow.
Plenty of shallow F50 entries in the last term that got picked off coz they didn't seem to have the legs to carry and penetrate as natural game day attrition had already kicked in.
I'm sure they'll be back in the hunt this time next year.

Potentially yeh it coulda been paid, but several others in the final stages coulda been awarded either way also.
To say just that cost Strathmore after 100 odd minutes of game defining decisions, both by skills and in the mind for me is drawing a long bow.
Plenty of shallow F50 entries in the last term that got picked off coz they didn't seem to have the legs to carry and penetrate as natural game day attrition had already kicked in.

Well next years is all they’ve got now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anybody know what Papaila from Keilor did on the weekend. Just read on the tribunal results he got 5 weeks pending appeal for misconduct. Must have been bad

No Potential about it, clear dropping the ball.
I get the jist of what you are saying, both teams had plenty of opportunities over 100mins, and there were other free's that could've been paid but none as blatant as that and however you try to spin it it, the mistake not to pay it was season defining for Smore.. I'm not saying there was any intention by the Umpire(we all make mistakes) but the out-come of this mistake is that it ended a Clubs dream of winning a flag.

Dennis Armfield announced as playing coach of Park Orchards in EFL Div 2 for 2019.

The first of a few to depart Avondale Heights?

Does anybody know what Papaila from Keilor did on the weekend. Just read on the tribunal results he got 5 weeks pending appeal for misconduct. Must have been bad

Looked like head butting from what I saw, but 5 weeks seems rather excessive, so I may have missed something?

No Potential about it, clear dropping the ball.
I get the jist of what you are saying, both teams had plenty of opportunities over 100mins, and there were other free's that could've been paid but none as blatant as that and however you try to spin it it, the mistake not to pay it was season defining for Smore.. I'm not saying there was any intention by the Umpire(we all make mistakes) but the out-come of this mistake is that it ended a Clubs dream of winning a flag.

Mate, Strathmore being 44 points up at 3/4 time and failing to kick a goal in the final qtr of a prelim is what ended their dream of winning a flag, not a missed umpiring decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the extended highlights it says head butting... the opposition player got straight up and kicked a goal.

Oh well that’s karma from something I posted a few years back of a head butting incident against Keilor.

But being Keilor they appeal and he gets a reprimand or suspended sentence you watch..

Looked like head butting from what I saw, but 5 weeks seems rather excessive, so I may have missed something?

Mate, Strathmore being 44 points up at 3/4 time and failing to kick a goal in the final qtr of a prelim is what ended their dream of winning a flag, not a missed umpiring decision.
But if they get the free kick and kick the goal than they win the game.

And if he missed they wouldn’t have won. Free kick should have been paid yes, no guarantees he slots it though. They had 2 forward entry’s after that and butchered both chances. They lost the game due to their effort in the 30 minutes prior to the non-decision and only have themselves to blame for that.

Not necessarily. Keilor may have got a centre clearance and kicked a goal.

The point is these decisions are only looked at during a close result. Missed decisions in the first 3 qtrs are hardly ever looked at.

If you’re blaming umpires rather than players for blowing a 44 point lead, you’ll be angry for a long time.

EDFL media release

Points to stay at 48
Cap to be 220k

That seems fair but not sure I agree with div1 being 190k and div2 being 145k. Seems a bit high for me..

So Premier footy is 220k which is

$12,222 per round.
$555 average per player.

With all players these days getting paid at least the minimum match payments it doesn’t allow much for marquee players does it.

I like the fact the salary cap is helping clubs bring back total payments but it’s unfair on the top end talent demanding high dollars. There is definitely clubs paying players >1k so how do they balance this. Good luck..

Football Managers deserve a salary these days dealing with this stuff as well as player welfare and all the other s&&& you need to deal with.

EDFL media release

Points to stay at 48
Cap to be 220k

That seems fair but not sure I agree with div1 being 190k and div2 being 145k. Seems a bit high for me..

$12,222 per round.
$555 average per player.

With all players these days getting paid at least the minimum match payments it doesn’t allow much for marquee players does it.

I like the fact the salary cap is helping clubs bring back total payments but it’s unfair on the top end talent demanding high dollars. There is definitely clubs paying players >1k so how do they balance this. Good luck..

Football Managers deserve a salary these days dealing with this stuff as well as player welfare and all the other s&&& you need to deal with.

The points should be reduced in line with other premier comps imo.
I'd be interested in the logic behind allowing EDFL sides additional points over Ammos, NFL, GVFL etc.

The points should be reduced in line with other premier comps imo.
I'd be interested in the logic behind allowing EDFL sides additional points over Ammos, NFL, GVFL etc.
I think different division should have reduce numbers.
Premier 45
Divy 1 40
Divy 2 35
This would allow clubs to recruit when the get promoted due to having an extra 5 points which could just about get 2 good community footballers or an ex vfl footballer.

EDFL media release

Points to stay at 48
Cap to be 220k

$12,222 per round.
$555 average per player.

$145,000 for what is really Div 3 football.
Must be a few overpaid footballers running around.

$145,000 for what is really Div 3 football.
Must be a few overpaid footballers running around.

Incredible when most consider the GFL to be the states no.1 ranked comp and there cap is $140k. The metro clubs created this monster by continually trying to outdo each other and pay exorbitant amounts of money to players.
I hope the cap continues to reduce and still think it’s far too high to create even and equal competition. If the worse thing that happens is some local footballers don’t get thousands of extra $$ a year then who cares. It’s all about the club and comps sustainability. Let’s get back to the days when the best team and club culture had success and players actually played for the club and jumper

Incredible when most consider the GFL to be the states no.1 ranked comp and there cap is $140k. The metro clubs created this monster by continually trying to outdo each other and pay exorbitant amounts of money to players.
I hope the cap continues to reduce and still think it’s far too high to create even and equal competition. If the worse thing that happens is some local footballers don’t get thousands of extra $$ a year then who cares. It’s all about the club and comps sustainability. Let’s get back to the days when the best team and club culture had success and players actually played for the club and jumper

In the real world I agree with you but let’s be honest a few teams have players on good bloody coin. Even your side mate who struggled to beat relegation paid a few big $$. I don’t have an issue with that just stating the bloody obvious.

I think this points system could create an issue as well with clubs having to pay good juniors decent money to keep them at your club otherwise other clubs chase them. So it’s not an easy one!
Do you pay a youngster 150 per senior game? Ummmm not sure that’s the way forward, but the more they get the less you have to go above the average to get a good player.

I’ve always said I don’t care what players get as long as they give you 150% every week and put something back into the club off field. It’s the recruits who want big $$ but don’t preform who let clubs down. Let’s face it we have all seen it. Do you due diligence but even then at times you must take a chance I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back