EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to hear the new AFL rules next season regarding club runners. They are only allowed onto the ground following a goal being kicked.

Gee I hope they bring that rule into the EDFL. It will cause some clubs headaches as they can’t have the runner on the ground so much filling holes and being a nuisance. Also Might not see the big clubs win as many junior premierships now they can’t have runners coaching and influencing games.

Interested to hear the new AFL rules next season regarding club runners. They are only allowed onto the ground following a goal being kicked.

Gee I hope they bring that rule into the EDFL. It will cause some clubs headaches as they can’t have the runner on the ground so much filling holes and being a nuisance. Also Might not see the big clubs win as many junior premierships now they can’t have runners coaching and influencing games.
I think it should be brought in.

Also agree some clubs do use the runner as a tactical weapon. As for the junior clubs, I don't thinks it's just big clubs that do that.

Any news on the coaching merry go round

Keilor, Glenroy & Airport West locked in with this season coaches. Seems Avondale and McDonald have re-committed to each other

Paco have obviously locked Digby in. Any new on Abers and GV - had heard rumors both coaches could be on the move

Hardingham likely to end up at Douttas - should be announced this week.

Leaves Marby and Strathmore still searching

Keilor, Glenroy & Airport West locked in with this season coaches. Seems Avondale and McDonald have re-committed to each other

Paco have obviously locked Digby in. Any new on Abers and GV - had heard rumors both coaches could be on the move

What have you heard JD. Hardingham to Capt/coach Douttas. I guess he has nothing to lose (as Douttas were 2nd last this season) but as I said it’s a huge task to captain & coach a side in premier league. Huge risk for a club after a horrendous couple of years.

Blackwell to coach with potter director of coaching.

What have you heard JD. Hardingham to Capt/coach Douttas. I guess he has nothing to lose (as Douttas were 2nd last this season) but as I said it’s a huge task to captain & coach a side in premier league. Huge risk for a club after a horrendous couple of years.
Is that the Wallis / Essendon influence? In fact it may be a smart move. Have Hardingham as the on field leader and maybe Mitchell as the off field general directing the plays. Has it been confirmed or are there any rumours that Mitchell has actually left or accepted another coaching role.

Not about the GF posted on here. Honestly just goes to show the interest in the game and league is declining. It’s due to the same teams playing year after year and people are losing interest in our once great league. Personally feel the league needs review all aspects to improve things and spice it up to become a better attraction for the average joe..

On the points can someone explain how all divisions have the same amount of points. Plus it’s laughable that div1 is 195k and div2 140k

I think it should be brought in.

Also agree some clubs do use the runner as a tactical weapon. As for the junior clubs, I don't thinks it's just big clubs that do that.

Hey mate, no a lot of the bigger clubs really abuse the system, all doing it for the sole purpose of trying to gain an advantage to get in finals and win them. Some clubs are solely focussed on winning junior premierships in any division and have forgot the main priority should be about enjoyment in the lower age group.

Not about the GF posted on here. Honestly just goes to show the interest in the game and league is declining. It’s due to the same teams playing year after year and people are losing interest in our once great league. Personally feel the league needs review all aspects to improve things and spice it up to become a better attraction for the average joe..

On the points can someone explain how all divisions have the same amount of points. Plus it’s laughable that div1 is 195k and div2 140k

A final 5 would be a good start
EDFL points and salary cap are a joke

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A final 5 would be a good start
EDFL points and salary cap are a joke

We have just had the closest season of all time. Abers were in danger of missing finals after round 16, there were 3 games separating the top 6 sides. Keilor finished on top with 14 wins, Abers 2nd with 13 1/2, hardly dominant figures. Strathmore played in a prelim with a very young list and Paco missed out on finals with 6 - 7 AFL experienced players on their list. In all seriousness what the hell would you be happy with?? EDS beat GV in round 18. There is no hope of the 2nd bottom team ever beating the 2nd ranked team in any of the past 10 years, and they arguably could have got them twice!

Did you ever think that Abers are just better run than the average club? Keilor also very well managed. Bang on about points & caps all you like but i doubt a club didn't win a game of footy this year coz they didn't have a big enough points cap! Bad and poorly run clubs will always be just that. 48 points gives every club enough room to recruit good players. Some clubs just make poor choices and would do the same with or without a points or salary cap

We have just had the closest season of all time. Abers were in danger of missing finals after round 16, there were 3 games separating the top 6 sides. Keilor finished on top with 14 wins, Abers 2nd with 13 1/2, hardly dominant figures. Strathmore played in a prelim with a very young list and Paco missed out on finals with 6 - 7 AFL experienced players on their list. In all seriousness what the hell would you be happy with?? EDS beat GV in round 18. There is no hope of the 2nd bottom team ever beating the 2nd ranked team in any of the past 10 years, and they arguably could have got them twice!

Did you ever think that Abers are just better run than the average club? Keilor also very well managed. Bang on about points & caps all you like but i doubt a club didn't win a game of footy this year coz they didn't have a big enough points cap! Bad and poorly run clubs will always be just that. 48 points gives every club enough room to recruit good players. Some clubs just make poor choices and would do the same with or without a points or salary cap

:trophy: Post of 2018 :trophy:

I can’t sit there anymore and not comment. Your last 327 posts have potted everything within the EDFL along with other various Club issues. You have not given any credible answers to any of the problems you keep banging on about.
Well , now’s your chance to stand up and do something. The board this year will be looking for a couple of members to help turn the “worst run competition” in the universe around.
With the amount of question you have , and problems you have identified surely you can’t just turn your back on this poor competition and not try to help
Stay tuned everyone , let’s see if the Great Turbo is all talk.

The problem is there’s only 3-4 clubs that are even close to having the funds to support the cap and therefore the 48 points.
Do you think APW have K200+ to spend next year, no they don’t.
I’d love to know what Glenroys TPP was this year, probably 1/2 that of Abers.

JohnDoe, I think you need to put your glasses on buddy.

Where is it that I said Abers wasn’t a well run club at senior level or Keilor wasn’t well managed..However I don’t like how they go about parts of there junior program with a win at all costs attitude.

Also my comment was around the points allocated to div1 and div2. Think 48 points for premier is fair.

I agree some clubs make mistakes but the quicker you move on and make necessary changes the better. I don’t have an issue with players being paid well (within reason) as long as they give there all and perform just like a normal 9-5 job.

Surely you didn’t think the GF was very exciting or attractive for the neutral supporter. It was sh&& to watch..
The points system when introduced favoured certain clubs and it will take another 4-5 years before we see any other club play off in a GF. The EDFL isn’t like some other leagues as a lot of clubs are in close proximity to each other.
Also I did notice a sly comment regarding PV but what did you think of Abers and others a few years back spending close to 500k on players and offering ridiculous amounts of money to players. Up to 1k per week over there market rate. It was a bloody joke to see clubs who talk about there great junior programs recruit players on huge coin. Clubs like these really stuffed local footy. Clubs like PV are trying to stay competitive in today’s market.

I can’t sit there anymore and not comment. Your last 327 posts have potted everything within the EDFL along with other various Club issues. You have not given any credible answers to any of the problems you keep banging on about.
Well , now’s your chance to stand up and do something. The board this year will be looking for a couple of members to help turn the “worst run competition” in the universe around.
With the amount of question you have , and problems you have identified surely you can’t just turn your back on this poor competition and not try to help
Stay tuned everyone , let’s see if the Great Turbo is all talk.

Riddeller, I will definitely consider a move however I’m from the wrong club to be given a position on the board buddy.
I agree I’ve been banging on and am a critic of this league but that’s my right to have an opinion. However I do agree I can go on & on Lol.
But i do have foresight and if you went to watch some other leagues finals you would know that this league is way behind. I agree with Newatthis that clubs can’t have advantages but I think we Seroiusly need to look into investing into Keilors ground and making it suitable to host finals including the grand final. Maybe the league could play match of the round at Windy Hill as it’s suitable for those games but I would like to see The GF moved. Clubs could then make some $$ running bbqs etc.

BTW- I don’t mind copping criticism but at least I’m generating conversation and waking you blokes up. You all seem to react but give us something.

Where is it that I said Abers wasn’t a well run club at senior level or Keilor wasn’t well managed..However I don’t like how they go about parts of there junior program with a win at all costs attitude.

Also my comment was around the points allocated to div1 and div2. Think 48 points for premier is fair.

I agree some clubs make mistakes but the quicker you move on and make necessary changes the better. I don’t have an issue with players being paid well (within reason) as long as they give there all and perform just like a normal 9-5 job.

Surely you didn’t think the GF was very exciting or attractive for the neutral supporter. It was sh&& to watch..
The points system when introduced favoured certain clubs and it will take another 4-5 years before we see any other club play off in a GF. The EDFL isn’t like some other leagues as a lot of clubs are in close proximity to each other.
Also I did notice a sly comment regarding PV but what did you think of Abers and others a few years back spending close to 500k on players and offering ridiculous amounts of money to players. Up to 1k per week over there market rate. It was a bloody joke to see clubs who talk about there great junior programs recruit players on huge coin. Clubs like these really stuffed local footy. Clubs like PV are trying to stay competitive in today’s market.

Riddeller, I will definitely consider a move however I’m from the wrong club to be given a position on the board buddy.
I agree I’ve been banging on and am a critic of this league but that’s my right to have an opinion. However I do agree I can go on & on Lol.
But i do have foresight and if you went to watch some other leagues finals you would know that this league is way behind. I agree with Newatthis that clubs can’t have advantages but I think we Seroiusly need to look into investing into Keilors ground and making it suitable to host finals including the grand final. Maybe the league could play match of the round at Windy Hill as it’s suitable for those games but I would like to see The GF moved. Clubs could then make some $$ running bbqs etc.

BTW- I don’t mind copping criticism but at least I’m generating conversation and waking you blokes up. You all seem to react but give us something.

I don’t often agree with you Turbo, but I don’t slag you or others either, your spot on, this forum has a few posters that generate discussion and loads that jump on to bag the likes of you and me sometimes.

I think the league to could move their gf to the newly renovated Greenvale. They will have a double story club rooms with outside seating on the top level. They also have canteens and toilets on both sides of the ground. The best score board in the league and with the new media room being built will be able to show replays on that scoreboard. What could make it even better is u organise a double header day Divy 1 play on the 2nd oval with the new club rooms being built down there and you could have a show piece day if football.
Clubs make money from the luncheon then other clubs can run the canteen and bar on the day.

The other option Turbo is the windy hill lease runs out soon and the EDFL becomes the lease holder on the ground. Maybe with this they might be able to improve the facilities at windy hill. Build a canteen and maybe even a bar where they can sell there own beer.
The council is looking at a master plan for windy hill and it’s up the the board to act on windy hill or it will end up becoming a public space for residents and then the league will be forced to move the gf.
I think the league should work with the council to improve windy hill and turn it into the best local football oval in metro football.

I think the league to could move their gf to the newly renovated Greenvale. They will have a double story club rooms with outside seating on the top level. They also have canteens and toilets on both sides of the ground. The best score board in the league and with the new media room being built will be able to show replays on that scoreboard. What could make it even better is u organise a double header day Divy 1 play on the 2nd oval with the new club rooms being built down there and you could have a show piece day if football.
Clubs make money from the luncheon then other clubs can run the canteen and bar on the day.

I posted a few days ago not gunna happen

I don’t often agree with you Turbo, but I don’t slag you or others either, your spot on, this forum has a few posters that generate discussion and loads that jump on to bag the likes of you and me sometimes.

I think everyone is up for a discussion. However what frustrates people is when posters generalise without any research or substance. For example playing home games at Windy Hill . It did occur in the 90s however the clubs voted to stop it because of the poor financial return. All divisions having the same points, if division 1 & 2 had lower levels they would become a feeding frenzy for Premier clubs. As I said I'm all for balanced, objective, constructive discussion.

Hey horse, I’m a fan of the GV set up (well Nth Melb C.C) but the negatives are big issues:
-it’s to far outside the metro area
-no public transport
-Can get cold out there..

Not sure it’s a great oval for finals especially Grand Finals.

The idea of playing 2 finals on both grounds has merit though.

The other option Turbo is the windy hill lease runs out soon and the EDFL becomes the lease holder on the ground. Maybe with this they might be able to improve the facilities at windy hill. Build a canteen and maybe even a bar where they can sell there own beer.
The council is looking at a master plan for windy hill and it’s up the the board to act on windy hill or it will end up becoming a public space for residents and then the league will be forced to move the gf.
I think the league should work with the council to improve windy hill and turn it into the best local football oval in metro football.

That would be great however is it worth the investment? If Essendon are intending to keep there VFL team there then some investment must be made to improve the ground.
it’s not ideal that you can’t watch from the far wing area and it’s not very spacious for the average supporter of young families..I’m told the bowling club will never move so that’s an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back