EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the real world I agree with you but let’s be honest a few teams have players on good bloody coin. Even your side mate who struggled to beat relegation paid a few big $$. I don’t have an issue with that just stating the bloody obvious.

I think this points system could create an issue as well with clubs having to pay good juniors decent money to keep them at your club otherwise other clubs chase them. So it’s not an easy one!
Do you pay a youngster 150 per senior game? Ummmm not sure that’s the way forward, but the more they get the less you have to go above the average to get a good player.

I’ve always said I don’t care what players get as long as they give you 150% every week and put something back into the club off field. It’s the recruits who want big $$ but don’t preform who let clubs down. Let’s face it we have all seen it. Do you due diligence but even then at times you must take a chance I guess.

My club is as guilty as any other of doing it Turbo and no where did I state any clubs in particular. I said Metro meaning all metro comps.
I agree do your due diligence (in Paccos case Hansen/Vezpremi) and pay them a reasonable amount of money in line with what you think they bring to all aspects of your club. If they don’t cop it then let them go!!!
If Premier Divs across the state were $160-170k per say then players have to play somewhere. The money won’t go around to the extent has in recent years. B grade should be around 100-110 and C grade no more than 60k.
Level the playing field, allow clubs to thrive and put back into their facilities and communities.
The current player market is completely false and been validated by clubs paying it. Who said a gun local footballer is worth $1000/1500 per game plus a sign on, spare me!
I think we’ve all seen players on minimum to not much far outweigh the contribution of top paid players at every club. Take Mores on the weekend ... give me Condon, Holian x2, Mighell, O’Lachlan over Cachia, McIntosh & Grima

My club is as guilty as any other of doing it Turbo and no where did I state any clubs in particular. I said Metro meaning all metro comps.
I agree do your due diligence (in Paccos case Hansen/Vezpremi) and pay them a reasonable amount of money in line with what you think they bring to all aspects of your club. If they don’t cop it then let them go!!!
If Premier Divs across the state were $160-170k per say then players have to play somewhere. The money won’t go around to the extent has in recent years. B grade should be around 100-110 and C grade no more than 60k.
Level the playing field, allow clubs to thrive and put back into their facilities and communities.
The current player market is completely false and been validated by clubs paying it. Who said a gun local footballer is worth $1000/1500 per game plus a sign on, spare me!
I think we’ve all seen players on minimum to not much far outweigh the contribution of top paid players at every club. Take Mores on the weekend ... give me Condon, Holian x2, Mighell, O’Lachlan over Cachia, McIntosh & Grima

I wasn’t having a go at your post in any way just saying. Totally agree the cap for B & C grade is to high. How is B grade only 30k below Premier?
If a club in C grade is paying above 100k you want to be winning the premiership at the very least. 145 is a joke. Think that’s higher than some good country leagues..

I understand your last point but I reckon a player like Cachia is worth every cent and A Grima has been a Star in this comp over the years. McIntosh pretty dominant as well when fully fit. However I do understand what your alluding to.

In the real world I agree with you but let’s be honest a few teams have players on good bloody coin. Even your side mate who struggled to beat relegation paid a few big $$. I don’t have an issue with that just stating the bloody obvious.

I think this points system could create an issue as well with clubs having to pay good juniors decent money to keep them at your club otherwise other clubs chase them. So it’s not an easy one!
Do you pay a youngster 150 per senior game? Ummmm not sure that’s the way forward, but the more they get the less you have to go above the average to get a good player.

I’ve always said I don’t care what players get as long as they give you 150% every week and put something back into the club off field. It’s the recruits who want big $$ but don’t preform who let clubs down. Let’s face it we have all seen it. Do you due diligence but even then at times you must take a chance I guess.
EDS did that a few years ago by refusing to pay the high prices people were expecting or demanding. That is why they went down to Div 1.

2 week suspended sentence is what I have heard. Fantastic result for the player who lives & breathes Keilor - but a bad look for the EDFL.
The AFL Vic appeals board is a joke. How can u go from 5 weeks to nothing. The quicker the AFL steps in and puts a stop to this substandard punishments the better.

The AFL Vic appeals board is a joke. How can u go from 5 weeks to nothing. The quicker the AFL steps in and puts a stop to this substandard punishments the better.
The edfl created that joke by handing out the 5 week penalty in the first place. 0-2 weeks should have been the best and worst case results

The edfl created that joke by handing out the 5 week penalty in the first place. 0-2 weeks should have been the best and worst case results
Time & time again the Tribunal dinosaurs go into cases with blinkers on & just don't listen to the evidence. You are not allowed to question / challenge what in fact the umpires saw in an effort to get to what in fact was seen or what happened. It is & has been a hung court for many years. Whilst I am pleased to see the player get to play a Grand Final - the flood gates are now open to challenge any decision if you feel strong enough or can fund the cost of the challenge. And before anyone jumps all over me - in this case Keilor had an AFL person looked at the footage & effectively stated there was no way he would refer it to a tribunal hearing.

Papalia clear to play Grand Final!!

After speaking to three Strathmore players about the incident, they believe that the correct outcome was reached. All three were unanimous in their view that a free kick and send-off would have been suffice punishment.

Incredible that the tribunal saw it so differently - maybe it's time for some ex-players to sit on the tribunal?

Turbo’s not going to be happy!
I’ve heard there was nothing in it, Strathmore player stated so at the tribunal. How it can it go from five to none though is odd.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s an absolute joke and clearly we all know the AFL and the EDFL have Favourites. Don’t you think it’s funny that this club gets all the biased decisions. I didn’t see the incident but what makes me so bloody mad is that club complained and a certain player dobbed in an opposition player for a similar act a few years back. So it’s funny when the shoe is on the other foot they ask SM to help them and then the decision is over turned. I’m sure SM would help them out of hatred for the opposition this week.

So my point is be consistent K and not go sooking when things happen to you and then play the innocent card when it happens to you.

Turbo is pretty annoyed for a nice sunny Friday...lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time & time again the Tribunal dinosaurs go into cases with blinkers on & just don't listen to the evidence. You are not allowed to question / challenge what in fact the umpires saw in an effort to get to what in fact was seen or what happened. It is & has been a hung court for many years. Whilst I am pleased to see the player get to play a Grand Final - the flood gates are now open to challenge any decision if you feel strong enough or can fund the cost of the challenge. And before anyone jumps all over me - in this case Keilor had an AFL person looked at the footage & effectively stated there was no way he would refer it to a tribunal hearing.
The umpire was right there at the scene of the crime. Surely he needs a spell?

Player reported by 2 umpires, video clearly shows contact. Player pleads not guilty, found guilty by tribunal and appeals panel.....why would umpires need a spell?
Umpires would have given evidence. Going from 5 weeks to zero would suggest that evidence was a little over the top.

Umpires would have given evidence. Going from 5 weeks to zero would suggest that evidence was a little over the top.
No it went from 5 weeks to 2 weeks suspended. It’s becoming a joke all these suspended sentenances. I’m sure Keilor gave some sob story about how sad it will be for him to miss a grand final etc.
The AFL needs to make a stance and take control of the AFL Vic appeals board.
It’s not just this case it’s that shocking case of the Pines player being allowed to play because of paperwork stuff up. It’s a case of Lawyers destroying the fairness of the game.

No it went from 5 weeks to 2 weeks suspended. It’s becoming a joke all these suspended sentenances. I’m sure Keilor gave some sob story about how sad it will be for him to miss a grand final etc.
The AFL needs to make a stance and take control of the AFL Vic appeals board.
It’s not just this case it’s that shocking case of the Pines player being allowed to play because of paperwork stuff up. It’s a case of Lawyers destroying the fairness of the game.
2 weeks suspended is effectively zero in my book. It’s just a bizarre outcome. Oh well, hoping Keilor and Mick get it done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back