EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some close games yesterday. Congratulations to APW for their first win, I am sure it won’t be the last.
Who would of thought EDS would of lost by only 14 points to Keilor. EDS kept scoreless in the 3rd was what lost it for this young side. Yes even though Keilor had 9 more scoring shots, but if you look those 9 shots were in the 3rd where they kicked 5 goals 4 behinds. EDS down to 2 on the bench halfway through that quarter as well. Galea kept to 1 goal and went off injured in the last (so I am told). Keilor kept to 2 points in the last. I’m also told big Mick seen talking to the umpires for 20 mins after the game. Is that why they seem to get so many cheap free kicks.
Good win by Strathmore over Greenvale. Paco over Abers at halftime, they just couldn’t keep it up.

Fair effort by Strathmore today. Premier wins at Greenvale have been rare and they did it with six U19s today.
Huge win in terms of their season to, puts them equal 3rd, where as the loss would of had them 2 games behind 3rd and possibly would have left them with only 4th spot to fight for. Seems the bigger grounds suit their game style more so could be a dangerous team to face at windy hill if they make finals

Some close games yesterday. Congratulations to APW for their first win, I am sure it won’t be the last.
Who would of thought EDS would of lost by only 14 points to Keilor. EDS kept scoreless in the 3rd was what lost it for this young side. Yes even though Keilor had 9 more scoring shots, but if you look those 9 shots were in the 3rd where they kicked 5 goals 4 behinds. EDS down to 2 on the bench halfway through that quarter as well. Galea kept to 1 goal and went off injured in the last (so I am told). Keilor kept to 2 points in the last. I’m also told big Mick seen talking to the umpires for 20 mins after the game. Is that why they seem to get so many cheap free kicks.
Good win by Strathmore over Greenvale. Paco over Abers at halftime, they just couldn’t keep it up.
Douttas worked hard all day & extremely accurate if front of goal kicking 8.2. Keilors skill level was as poor its been all year, only really played well for 1 quarter and blew the game open which proved to be the difference at the end of the game. Mick seemed pretty annoyed with keilors peformance but to be sitting 8-0 close to half way with the injuries they’ve had to deal with has been a great effort

Unsure where to post but have posted in a few forums,

Moving Down from QLD looking for a club to have a kick with!!

Shoot me a message if i could get some help, League websites confusing and hard to figure out.
Douttas worked hard all day & extremely accurate if front of goal kicking 8.2. Keilors skill level was as poor its been all year, only really played well for 1 quarter and blew the game open which proved to be the difference at the end of the game. Mick seemed pretty annoyed with keilors peformance but to be sitting 8-0 close to half way with the injuries they’ve had to deal with has been a great effort
Injuries, all clubs have them. Great game by Comito kept both Galea and Gourdis to 1 goal, both had no influence on the game, developing into a very good player. Wearne did a great job on Barbuto and the only response was a cheap shot that should have resulted in more than a free kick!

Injuries, all clubs have them. Great game by Comito kept both Galea and Gourdis to 1 goal, both had no influence on the game, developing into a very good player. Wearne did a great job on Barbuto and the only response was a cheap shot that should have resulted in more than a free kick!
Not to many clubs are 8-0 after missing 7-8 of the best 22 for most/all of the season to date hence the comment of it being a great effort. Keilor always have a tough time at douttas ground, got outplayed their last year and just got over the line yesterday yes galea and co were well held and yes Barbuto was quite (first quite game in probably a year) despite that keilor still managed 9 more shots at goal inaccuracy on their behalf making the final score closer than it probably should have been. Douttas heading in the right direction got a lot of things right yesterday, the more footy that list plays together the better they will be just on the day 10 shots at goal won’t win many games against the top sides

Went down and watched Abers v Pacco yesterday...stood behind Morrell and listened to the qtr/3qtr time addresses and was extremely disappointed, surely by now everyone in this premier comp knows which side abers play, they honour any player that presents, their forward line overhead is the best in the comp and....most importantly of all...."DON'T" kick the ball up into the forward line with height as they mark everything and dish off to the Toy's and likes which are the springboard of their attacks...sit in the carpark for the last 20 years on a Tuesday or Thursday and watch them train...halfbacks breaking off their lines getting fed by the onballers to deliver to Foster and likes up forward...small ground 2 kicks goal...very simple great formula...
Spoke with the Pacco board man after the game...asked him "do you have a forward coach"? "No", do you get a video or game report from previous weeks on the team you are playing? "Don't think so, but think they buy a video"...sorry, not good enough when your dishing out the amount of funds to put that team on the park each week....in summary, they where in the game upto half time because of Foster marking everything down back...funny thing was in the last 10 he made the good move sending Foster forward when the game was in the balance but forgot to tell the rest of the team that now was the time to kick the ball up into the forward line...to a one on one...also...big guy up forward, no. 18, stop baking your teamates you sook and concentrate on using your bulk to take a grab...P.S. Umpiring was standard ordinary towards the visiting team at Clifton Park...they still must be issuing the Gorilla drink card to them at the aftermatch!

You don't expect to be given more than that do you, especially against Keilor. I wasn't at the game but told one of their players flopped in a pushnshove with Myers and was awarded a 50m penalty which led to a goal. They were awarded another 50m which led to another goal. Bit of undisciplined play.

Went down and watched Abers v Pacco yesterday...stood behind Morrell and listened to the qtr/3qtr time addresses and was extremely disappointed, surely by now everyone in this premier comp knows which side abers play, they honour any player that presents, their forward line overhead is the best in the comp and....most importantly of all...."DON'T" kick the ball up into the forward line with height as they mark everything and dish off to the Toy's and likes which are the springboard of their attacks...sit in the carpark for the last 20 years on a Tuesday or Thursday and watch them train...halfbacks breaking off their lines getting fed by the onballers to deliver to Foster and likes up forward...small ground 2 kicks goal...very simple great formula...
Spoke with the Pacco board man after the game...asked him "do you have a forward coach"? "No", do you get a video or game report from previous weeks on the team you are playing? "Don't think so, but think they buy a video"...sorry, not good enough when your dishing out the amount of funds to put that team on the park each week....in summary, they where in the game upto half time because of Foster marking everything down back...funny thing was in the last 10 he made the good move sending Foster forward when the game was in the balance but forgot to tell the rest of the team that now was the time to kick the ball up into the forward line...to a one on one...also...big guy up forward, no. 18, stop baking your teamates you sook and concentrate on using your bulk to take a grab...P.S. Umpiring was standard ordinary towards the visiting team at Clifton Park...they still must be issuing the Gorilla drink card to them at the aftermatch!

Nice work, can you get a mineral water with a twist of lemon on a drink card

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given the injuries at Marby Park atm Saturday was a great effort. Youngest Marby team ever fielded I heard with 16 players under 22. 8 of best 22 missed through injury/ illness.

Given the injuries at Marby Park atm Saturday was a great effort. Youngest Marby team ever fielded I heard with 16 players under 22. 8 of best 22 missed through injury/ illness.

Yeah I was down at Sewell and was very impressed with number 12 looked very young but tall and skinny when he fills out he’s going to be a gun!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I was down at Sewell and was very impressed with number 12 looked very young but tall and skinny when he fills out he’s going to be a gun!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s Brandon Ryan. On North Melb’s VFL list and on big money, would want to be looking ok. But got to think all these young guys are going to thrive playing under Dean Laidley and mature into a solid core in next few years.

Keilors injury list is mounting and quite amazing that if they beat MP this week they sweep the first half of the season. A great effort by Mighty Mick.

It’s Abers flag to lose. Keilor will join them in the second semi and a tight race home for GV, SM & PV to play off in first semi final.

Great to see APW breathe some life into the relegation battle and sets up some great clashes in the second half of the season. MP & EDS safe you would think.
Glenroy and AH will be nervous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win by the Eagles on Saturday. Saw the coach having a quiet smoke pre-game, deep in thought and you could just tell he was plotting the Heights' downfall.

This comes after APW got within two goals of Strathmore in the final quarter only to get blown away late by the locals.

Onwards and upwards from here and I reckon the Eagles will trouble a few sides on the home stretch.

Great win by the Eagles on Saturday. Saw the coach having a quiet smoke pre-game, deep in thought and you could just tell he was plotting the Heights' downfall.

This comes after APW got within two goals of Strathmore in the final quarter only to get blown away late by the locals.

Onwards and upwards from here and I reckon the Eagles will trouble a few sides on the home stretch.

Unfortunately they play Paco on the rebound and would hope Paco comes back hard.
Got a soft spot for APW so wish them well..

Looks like a pathetic effort by EDS today. 9 points in half a game of footy. I was expecting them to get closer than that. Even beat Strathmore today. Looks like they turned off at quarter time. And it was Keilor's poor form last week and not a good effort from EDS.
Good wins by Abers, Keilor, Pascoe Vale and close game between Greenvale and Avondale. What has happened to Greenvale in the past 2 weeks.

Watched Keilor Marby today and at 1/2 time Marby looked a good chance. Keilors 2nd half just a credit to there system lots of injuries but kept playing the same way and weight of numbers did the job. Credit to Marbys key backs in Davey and Cornel who rarely lost a 1on1 and there were plenty of them. Must say umpiring was appalling marks payed when ball travelled no more than 8 metres head high kicks payed in front of goal for blokes dropping at the knees. CEO put out his umpire respect letter this week - Umpire well and respect will come naturally continue like u did today and u will always have to ask to be respected when it’s not deserved

Looks like a pathetic effort by EDS today. 9 points in half a game of footy. I was expecting them to get closer than that. Even beat Strathmore today. Looks like they turned off at quarter time. And it was Keilor's poor form last week and not a good effort from EDS.
Good wins by Abers, Keilor, Pascoe Vale and close game between Greenvale and Avondale. What has happened to Greenvale in the past 2 weeks.

Have to agree, but perhaps Mores aren’t the worst and could finish 4th which would be a fair effort

Have to agree, but perhaps Mores aren’t the worst and could finish 4th which would be a fair effort

More's could finish 4th, but still on games against Abers and Keilor, you would of thought it would be closer. Haven't looked at team sheets but any out or injuries for Doutta?

Credit due to Donald McDonald outcoached Greenvale..his use of the players all over the field was exceptional..if it wasn't for indirect kicking in the third qtr avondale heights would've won by 4 goals.. the avondale tackling and preassure was sensational. Other than Caruso and maric greenvale didnt have many winners..Cant see them really challenging this year

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on Turbo, Paco didn't give the Eagles a sniff. Geez the ground at Paco is a bog heap.

Council spent time on it over pre season and into this season but didn’t finish it properly. Rate payers pay heaps and really poor services provided. Once again it comes down to who you know and what perks you can offer people..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back