EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board rightfully so will take their advice from the AFL who would have suitably qualified people engaged to make informed decisions. The likely lockdown will be a directive from state and federal governments so doubt they will even have to make a decision.

The board rightfully so will take their advice from the AFL who would have suitably qualified people engaged to make informed decisions. The likely lockdown will be a directive from state and federal governments so doubt they will even have to make a decision.
Yes, you’re right. There’s probably not much they can do to prepare at local level. Will inevitably come down to health officials and government decree. Does look pretty dire though. However, after all it’s only a game. The major concern is the lives, health and well-being of the wider community.

Last edited:
Yes, you’re right. There’s probably not much they can do to prepare at local level. Will inevitably come down to health officials and government decree. Does look pretty dire though. However, after all it’s only a game. The major concern is the lives, health and well-being of the wider community.
Wouldn’t think the risk was high at local level no higher than going to the Supermarket or going to work? Be careful with drink bottles wash hands don’t spit !!!

Wouldn’t think the risk was high at local level no higher than going to the Supermarket or going to work? Be careful with drink bottles wash hands don’t spit !!!

It’s all BS you can catch a virus and die from it any time, the whole thing is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Peter Faulks maybe? Been playing for Echuca but maybe coming via a connection with Meese..
I’m hearing ex junior David Fahey might be returning to Abers after a few years traveling post his VFL career. If true, that’s a handy pick up!
So you did hear it first from Turbo. 😂
Faulks signed at Abers

I wonder if our season was called off thru this pandemic of media hysteria , would the clubs have the brains to invest the match payments of all players for the year ($200k apparently)into the facilities that they use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if our season was called off thru this pandemic of media hysteria , would the clubs have the brains to invest the match payments of all players for the year ($200k apparently)into the facilities that they use.

At AFL level you’ll only need a player or two to get it, then The quarantine sets in and clubs will be unable to,play and so on begins the spiral.

all clubs including EDFL will need to put the health and safety of players, officials and supporters first, despite the cavalier attitude of some, that the virus is nothing more than a bad flu. unfortuantely it’s gone beyond that like a poster stated before, this situation is bigger than sport and things are spiraling for all of us.

A lot of money raised is through the bar, functions etc so that income won’t be coming through. Plus sponsors and will need to reimburse registration fees.

Your kidding surely. If you think any club has $200k just lying around at the start of the season you are dreamen mate. If there are no games, there are no sponsors, no bar sales, no canteen, no raffles, no social events. What a flog! In fact, clubs are more likely to be under more financial pressure. Do you think we've all stocked our bars and canteens with free product? BTW, this is not hysteria, it is real. I hope you and your family are not affected like many many people in other countries. Even blinkers should not stop you seeing whats right in front of your eyes. If we don't contain this, 4% of people could die. Which of the 1 in 25 in your club will go?

Your kidding surely. If you think any club has $200k just lying around at the start of the season you are dreamen mate. If there are no games, there are no sponsors, no bar sales, no canteen, no raffles, no social events. What a flog! In fact, clubs are more likely to be under more financial pressure. Do you think we've all stocked our bars and canteens with free product? BTW, this is not hysteria, it is real. I hope you and your family are not affected like many many people in other countries. Even blinkers should not stop you seeing whats right in front of your eyes. If we don't contain this, 4% of people could die. Which of the 1 in 25 in your club will go?
Colonel , the insults are not necessary. Some clubs that are run well do have a sum ready to go for the following year. Some clubs will continue to run social functions to bolster the bank with or without football.
If you have stocked your canteen already , please alert us all of which club this is to ensure we dont buy stale , moulded , rotten product when we visit your club canteen.
I would now believe that your involvement with a club gives no importance to the improvement of the facilities and instead love standing up in front of people to collect the $6 medallion for your own self satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back