EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keilor lost none of their premiership team and added a few extra talented players. Favourites for back to back.

Keilor lost none of their premiership team and added a few extra talented players. Favourites for back to back.
Have not lost anyone but will have a few at VFL level that are likely to miss games throughout the year. Stevenson, Radovanovic, Barton.... any others stepping up to VFL?
Going to be a hard team to beat regardless with O’Kearney, Cavka, Wallin, McGregor, Sahlberg and Cartelli to come in from the premiership 22 from last year!

Have not lost anyone but will have a few at VFL level that are likely to miss games throughout the year. Stevenson, Radovanovic, Barton.... any others stepping up to VFL?
Going to be a hard team to beat regardless with O’Kearney, Cavka, Wallin, McGregor, Sahlberg and Cartelli to come in from the premiership 22 from last year!

Were they undefeated in 2019, if so could go back to back that way.
I think Strathmore might be there biggest threat as Mick clearly has the wood over Potter

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Were they undefeated in 2019, if so could go back to back that way.
I think Strathmore might be there biggest threat as Mick clearly has the wood over Potter

How do you justify your statement that Mick has it over Potter??
Abers will be hard to beat if they stay fit. Have the best defence in the comp handy forwards and added what was the best ruckman in the vfl over the last 10 years into there star studded midfield.
Just remember that the year after Mick has won a flag that Keilor have missed the finals.
Won 2008 missed 2009
Won 2016 missed 2017
Won 2019 ??????
From the looks of it some of those players take it easy the next season.

Abers will be hard to beat if they stay fit. Have the best defence in the comp handy forwards and added what was the best ruckman in the vfl over the last 10 years into there star studded midfield.
Just remember that the year after Mick has won a flag that Keilor have missed the finals.
Won 2008 missed 2009
Won 2016 missed 2017
Won 2019 ??????

Head to head since 2015 it’s Keilor 9 Abers 7
That includes 2 GF wins to Keilor & 1 to Abers

Abers were all but unbeatable in 2017& 2018, in which they were over the cap

I thought the gap was wider, but I stand by my call that Mick has the wood.

Last edited:
Head to head since 2015 it’s Keilor 9 Abers 7
That includes 2 GF wins to Keilor & 1 to Abers

Abers were all but unbeatable in 2017& 2018, in which they were over the cap

I thought the gap was wider, but I stand by my call that Mick has the wood.

I think you’ll find Greenvale was the best team in 2017. Just happen to get injuries to key personnel during the finals. (Maric, deluca & Dempsey)
you never answered the question regarding keilors down year after a flag. All the great coaches in EDFL have won back to back flags. Mcguane hasn’t.
holland 2009-10
Rock 2012-13
Potter 2017-2018

I think you’ll find Greenvale was the best team in 2017. Just happen to get injuries to key personnel during the finals. (Maric, deluca & Dempsey)
you never answered the question regarding keilors down year after a flag. All the great coaches in EDFL have won back to back flags. Mcguane hasn’t.
holland 2009-10
Rock 2012-13
Potter 2017-2018
Was Potter not over the salary cap those two years...

Won 2008 missed 2009
Won 2016 missed 2017
Won 2019 ??????
Pretty sure Keilor finished 4th in 2009. From memory Mores knocked them off in first semi that year. Someone from Keilor may know.

holland 2009-10
Rock 2012-13
Potter 2017-2018

Ok, Keilor simply didn’t have the cattle and Abers cheated, is that good enough

Who’s the ex Fremantle player that signed at Abers?
Also hear that Abers want to put in an U23 side in the 3rds Comp while not confident of having an U18.5, can anyone confirm that and if so the thoughts from other clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s the ex Fremantle player that signed at Abers?
Also hear that Abers want to put in an U23 side in the 3rds Comp while not confident of having an U18.5, can anyone confirm that and if so the thoughts from other clubs?
Peter Faulks maybe? Been playing for Echuca but maybe coming via a connection with Meese..
I’m hearing ex junior David Fahey might be returning to Abers after a few years traveling post his VFL career. If true, that’s a handy pick up!

Can’t see it happening mate. Pretty sure he signed again at Deer Park. Probably one more year then play close to home at Wallan maybe??

If you check Deer park instagram page they have confirmed he has signed on as assistant playing coach. No chance hes leaving

If you check Deer park instagram page they have confirmed he has signed on as assistant playing coach. No chance hes leaving
Now we are hearing of others announced on there social pages that might be looking elsewhere. Purton-Smith is another, so could this be a ploy by Deer Park. If my memory if correct wasn’t Harris announced last season then ended up at Nth Heidelberg. Maybe a smokescreen to deter other clubs.. interesting as I’m hearing a bit of unrest at DP as well..Booze do you still pop up there?? 😉🤭

Now we are hearing of others announced on there social pages that might be looking elsewhere. Purton-Smith is another, so could this be a ploy by Deer Park. If my memory if correct wasn’t Harris announced last season then ended up at Nth Heidelberg. Maybe a smokescreen to deter other clubs.. interesting as I’m hearing a bit of unrest at DP as well..Booze do you still pop up there?? 😉🤭
I follow most of the Better teams on social media and was only just going through DP's feed the other day hence how i saw it. Dont know anything relating to the club though and dont have any mates down there. But if what your saying is true that is insane they are in trouble.... Not sure what you mean by me popping up there.

How are Marby Park shaping up?
They have brought in a few recruits according to their social media so might be alright.. does anyone have the run down on their recruits?

I'm hearing O'Kearney will most likely miss most of the year still having trouble with the knee also McGregor the same

Anyone know the reason Okearney so quickly gave up chasing an AFL career, seemed desperately unlucky to be delisted by the Saints and came straight back to local footy seemed strange when he could have put in a decent shift at VFL and got back on a list..

I know it’s early days, and the situation is still evolving (rapidly), but this coronavirus threat is a real worry. Obviously the health and safety of the population is absolutely paramount, but there is now talk at government level of banning mass gatherings and playing sporting events in empty stadiums if necessary. Article in today’s Herald Sun saying fan free lockouts are likely to be enforced from round 5 in the AFL.

We haven’t reached that stage yet, but there are certainly potential implications for all sporting codes, including the EDFL. I wonder if there have been serious discussions at EDFL board level about the threat, if there are any contingency plans, and how it would play out if the situation deteriorated significantly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back