EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will address both posts in this one. Umpires, yes they cop sh*t and most times they do a great job, however; there are times when they make decisions that just confound people. When your team is on the receiving end of bad decision after bad decision it frustrates you. A decision should be made to include a penalty the edfl can implement where they can enforce players instead of a weeks suspension to umpire a game or two. Clubs could do the same thing with parents that get out of hand. That way they can see what the umpires go through.
As for the grounds, yes some are the worst of all competitions in Melbourne.

Think this comment shows a huge disrespect towards umpiring! It’s more than just knowing how to play footy, you’ve gotta know all the rules, where to run, where to stand etc. there is a lot more too it!
Umpiring is a skill in itself that is learnt and trained, in saying that I agree some umpires aren’t the best and could do with some more training !

Think this comment shows a huge disrespect towards umpiring! It’s more than just knowing how to play footy, you’ve gotta know all the rules, where to run, where to stand etc. there is a lot more too it!
Umpiring is a skill in itself that is learnt and trained, in saying that I agree some umpires aren’t the best and could do with some more training !
I know what it takes to umpire and did so for many years. I am not saying these people should be umpiring in senior level. They could do games in the juniors. Making them know the rules could also help them understand how hard it is to umpire.

Yes, let’s see how those that abuse like being abused. See what it is like to have to make a decision or a number of them within a second.
Card them I say. Yellow, then red. Any umpire abuse. Start with week suspension. With continued abuse from a player on the ground then the clubs points system can be applied. Player stays on a particular number. Obviously can only be applied to senior football, but it’s a start. Works in soccer. “Off the ground mate, your side is down to 17”. Has to be harsh, couldn’t care less if a side is down to 14. “Shut up boys”.

With a week out from round 1 starting any predictions on ladder results?

Here’s my stab at it

Keilor
Abers
MPark
Strathmore
Doutta
PV
GV
AH
Glenroy
Craigieburn
Keilor
Abers
Strathmore
PV
GV
Doutta
Marby
Glenroy
AH
Craigieburn

Abers, Keilor, Mores and Douttas top 4. What’s the common theme?

With a week out from round 1 starting any predictions on ladder results?

Here’s my stab at it

Keilor
Abers
MPark
Strathmore
Doutta
PV
GV
AH
Glenroy
Craigieburn
Keilor
Pascoe Vale
Avondale Heights
Aberfeldie
Strathmore
Greenvale
Marby
Glenroy
Doutta Stars
Craigieburn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t fit them in mate. Not sure there list is stronger than 2019 and others have improved there’s but it’s really just an opinion mate. Bit of conversation I guess.

EDS 2nd last? Even from my very distant view that looks like an outrageous call. :)

Not sure they have made list gains mate. Lost Jensen who is a big loss and of course Hardingham. Interesting to see how Barnard goes as coach this time round.

They'll still finish ahead of Glenroy, but after that I have no idea. 1st and last are about the only sure things.

EDS 2nd last? Even from my very distant view that looks like an outrageous call. :)

This call won’t be too far off the mark, and most definitely not “outrageous”.

Outs - Jensen. Laguda. Wallis. Lill. Hardingham. Angus. Rogers. Gentile. McDonough as well as 2020 recruits Marshall, McKenna & Landt. Will do well with a young group to finish any higher than 8th/9th.

This call won’t be too far off the mark, and most definitely not “outrageous”.

Outs - Jensen. Laguda. Wallis. Lill. Hardingham. Angus. Rogers. Gentile. McDonough as well as 2020 recruits Marshall, McKenna & Landt. Will do well with a young group to finish any higher than 8th/9th.

Cheers for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back