EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Ch31 and NOT good media for the EDFL regarding umpires. Surely the pressure has to be on Kyte or whoever employs these incompetent people. Umpires asked to take a 20% pay cut then 15% then 12.5% then 10%. Umpires could boycott games in coming weeks. Apparently it’s the decision of the EDFL management. Surely can’t be due to the clubs as they are happy to pay players decent coin.

At present the umpiring standard has dropped most likely due to a fall in numbers but also due to getting paid less. Also are they getting the appropriate training and leadership??

for some balance in the debate the EDFL umpires are the highest paid in Victoria even after the paycuts and low umpiring numbers doesn’t appear to be isolated to the EDFL.

If true that’s a disgrace from the club. How does the league tolerate that. Only a $500 fine and suspended rest of season. Poor standards set!
Probably highlights the reason we don’t have enough umpires.

Suspend them for 5 years and if it’s a club official of that standard fine them $2000-5000 to se standards.

I see a runner from Westy was suspended for 2 weeks for abuse. FFS only 2 weeks. Should be minimum of a year imo.
Maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t as abusive or as bad as you think everything that happens at Roxy is. So all the best to you turbo but maybe you should stop air raiding on this forum and put your time to good use.

Brown vs Meese who got the better of who today?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Turbo, your man Paddy Veszpremi is certainly on fire for Keilor ATM. He’s looking extremely fit, hasn’t lost any of his pace and is such a beautiful kick. Been in Keilor’s best the last 3 weeks. Keilor are a scary proposition, with a few, including Galea to come back in. Classy, well drilled outfit, with so many options up forward. Stevenson is a gun.

Abers did well to get so close, but Keilor always looked to have the upper hand. Generally managed to kick a goal whenever Abers drew near. Thought Meese shaded Brown. Uses his body superbly, and his 2nd efforts once the ball hits the ground are 2nd to none.

Last edited:
Turbo, your man Paddy Veszpremi is certainly on fire for Keilor ATM. He’s looking extremely fit, hasn’t lost any of his pace and is such a beautiful kick. Been in Keilor’s best the last 3 weeks. Keilor are a scary proposition, with a few, including Galea to come back in. Classy, well drilled outfit, with so many options up forward. Stevenson is a gun.

Abers did well to get so close, but Keilor always looked to have the upper hand. Generally managed to kick a goal whenever Abers drew near. Thought Meese shaded Brown. Uses his body superbly, and his 2nd efforts once the ball hits the ground are 2nd to none.
Cheers Stax. Yeah knew he was keeping fit in the off season but his always looked after himself. When at his best his top 5 players in this comp. Absolute jet when up & about and so silky to watch with that booming boot. Keilor picking him up late was a bonus for them. Hopefully he can stay injury free as he deserves a bit of luck.

He’s certainly a good player and can win games of his own boot but Pascoe vale didn’t want him due to his mental space and how he can go from being all good to cracking it and disappear. I’m pretty sure the leadership group at PV said no too him , he would have come back for a 3rd time.

Aberfielde FC, you are a total disgrace and embrassment to yourself and our league. You talk up your a good respected club yet you do the complete opposite.

On Friday night I ventured out to Abers to watch a junior game of footy under 14s.

Here is what I witnessed:
- A lot of adults both men and women drinking alcohol outside the clubrooms. Some drinking on the boundary fence.
- Drunk adults in close proximity to young kids as young as 13.
- Adults smoking near the boundary line in close proximity to young kids.
- Adults yelling out abuse.
- A group of around 15 teenage kids standing behind the goals bullying young kids from the opposition side with disgusting words. No one from Abers went over and said anything actually from all reports the crowd in front of the rooms were laughing about it.

This club is often referred to as a big club. Yes they might be big in numbers but are the worst behaved club I’ve seen in over 20 years. Ive often given it to some clubs but Keilor and Strathmore wouldn’t tolerate or accept this behaviour of drinking alcohol around kids playing junior footy. I’ve been to Keilor plenty of times and you are not allowed to take alcohol outside at junior games.

The opposition was shocked to see this type of behaviour and at times it could have got ugly quite easily. There was vision taken which I hope gets sent to the league and council as it was disgraceful.

On the subjecting of bullying this is unacceptable. To hear kids much older yelling abuse towards younger kids is disgusting. We preach and practice against bullying in our society so to see Aberfieldie allow and tolerate this is really sad.

The poor volunteer match day offical from Abers had to walk laps of the oval after 1/2 time. The HS match official was also doing his best on the outer side but was treated with little respect.

Seriously Abers you need to look at yourself as it was disgusting. Alcohol at junior matches shouldnt be tolerated. I understand your a licensed sports club but alcohol should be kept inside the rooms.

Ian Kyte today attended the Abbers V Keilor game and during the third quarter was observed laughing at his mate who yelled out to the umpire 'You need to take a 15% pay cut you idiot'. Ian Kyte clearly thought this was an amusing comment as he stood there laughing afterwards.
Two issues, the first is no official should tolerate or encourage umpire abuse especially when in his position.
The second issue shows that he's publicly discussing and showing his lack of respect for the umpires in his league.
Absolutely disgusting and the umpires should be appalled by his stance.

Ian Kyte today attended the Abbers V Keilor game and during the third quarter was observed laughing at his mate who yelled out to the umpire 'You need to take a 15% pay cut you idiot'. Ian Kyte clearly thought this was an amusing comment as he stood there laughing afterwards.
Two issues, the first is no official should tolerate or encourage umpire abuse especially when in his position.
The second issue shows that he's publicly discussing and showing his lack of respect for the umpires in his league.
Sounds like very poor leadership and clubs taking advantage of this.
Kyte is a good footy “club” person but can he manage an entire league. 🤔🤔😩

To be fair that is quite a funny sledge given the current circumstances, if the ump is offended by that he/she needs a thicker skin.

Aberfielde FC, you are a total disgrace and embrassment to yourself and our league. You talk up your a good respected club yet you do the complete opposite.

On Friday night I ventured out to Abers to watch a junior game of footy under 14s.

- A lot of adults both men and women drinking alcohol outside the clubrooms. Some drinking on the boundary fence.
- A group of around 15 teenage kids standing behind the goals bullying young kids from the opposition side with disgusting words. No one from Abers went over and said anything actually from all reports the crowd in front of the rooms were laughing about it.

This club is often referred to as a big club. Yes they might be big in numbers but are the worst behaved club I’ve seen in over 20 years. Ive often given it to some clubs but Keilor and Strathmore wouldn’t tolerate or accept this behaviour of drinking alcohol around kids playing junior footy. I’ve been to Keilor plenty of times and you are not allowed to take alcohol outside at junior games.

The opposition was shocked to see this type of behaviour and at times it could have got ugly quite easily. There was vision taken which I hope gets sent to the league and council as it was disgraceful.

On the subjecting of bullying this is unacceptable. To hear kids much older yelling abuse towards younger kids is disgusting. We preach and practice against bullying in our society so to see Aberfieldie allow and tolerate this is really sad.

The poor volunteer match day offical from Abers had to walk laps of the oval after 1/2 time. The HS match official was also doing his best on the outer side but was treated with little respect.

Seriously Abers you need to look at yourself as it was disgusting. Alcohol at junior matches shouldnt be tolerated. I understand your a licensed sports club but alcohol should be kept inside the rooms.
as far as I know alcohol is banned at all junior games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a league rule that no alcohol is allowed at ANY junior matches

Lol. Alcohol is everywhere mate. Been to a junior cricket game. How about parenting .

l said weeks ago about Abers and crowd behaviour at junior games over the last 10 years. And as an aside there was a vocal group of Sunbury 18-5s and reserves players just past home coaching box in last weeks game against Sunbury v WC . Alchohol and abuse must run hand in hand. Thats how dills keep themselves amused especially when the scoreboard reflects the whole cubs inadequacies.

as far as I know alcohol is banned at all junior games
Should be a league rule that no alcohol is allowed at ANY junior matches

Supposed to be banned however some clubs get away with a lot of stuff that other clubs don’t. Adults in Aberfielde warm up tops/ polo tops with names on the back drinking as well so they weren’t hiding the fact either. Disgrace!!

Also vision circulating of the runner who thinks it’s ok to stay on the ground and coach. Only comes off when a spectator yells out to stop coaching and get off. FFS kids are now in under 14s. It’s purely there to be an “extra” and he comes in close proximity to opposition kids. So I can only assume they tolerate bullying & intimidating young kids.

On Sundays the junior matches I was involved in bar was not open, never saw it once open on a Sunday, I asked myself after our game to have a beer and was told no not allowed to until the end of the day when junior matches are finished. I understand Fridays can be a bit different but perhaps junior matches should not be fixtured on Friday Nights by the EDFL, they ought to know the clubs will not comply with having no alcohol while juniors are playing on Friday Nights, it doesn’t happen .

On Sundays the junior matches I was involved in bar was not open, never saw it once open on a Sunday, I asked myself after our game to have a beer and was told no not allowed to until the end of the day when junior matches are finished. I understand Fridays can be a bit different but perhaps junior matches should not be fixtured on Friday Nights by the EDFL, they ought to know the clubs will not comply with having no alcohol while juniors are playing on Friday Nights, it doesn’t happen .
Why... Its junior footy, if you cant go a few hours without a beer on a Friday night perhaps you should look internally.

Yes mate never seen alcohol on a Sunday game either. But I was referring to Friday night.

Actually don’t have a problem if they stay inside the social club with the alcohol and enjoy themselves. It’s not ideal and doesn’t happen at majority of clubs due to licences but they preach to drink only inside yet turn a blind eye to them drinking outside which is clearly not allowed during junior games. It’s a horrible look around kids with kids having to dodge drinking adults to get to the rooms and car park. Plus has a high potential to cause an ugly incident.
I have no respect for this club any longer! It’s the reason other clubs are passing them and the are falling behind where they used to be in the public eye.

Jump onto the VGLR and search for any clubs liquor licence

You’ll find that it is a condition of the Licence that they do not sell alcohol during junior football games

Pretty simple

dc5fe7146e246c77bb7b1ab2116636a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back