EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any good business, footy club etc should have a succession plan which is exactly what EK have done. You may or may not have served on your clubs executive for 10 years , but (1) it’s an exhausting and at times thankless task (2) having the same people at the top for long periods of time is not necessarily a good thing and (3) you have to have the right group of people ready to take over , not hoping someone will step up , otherwise your 10 years of work can go out the window pretty quickly . Just my thoughts having lived it for the past 15 years.

So the knight appointed himself coach , now president, what your basically saying is that the outgoing president and committee of the last ten years have wiped their hands of all their work and allowed what’s according to you (an outsider ) no culture, soul and passion.... I’m in the rooms most Tuesday and Thursday, missed 1 senior game in 10years ...... you’ve got no idea what you’re on about , you can go and hold hands with turbo. Over to premier thread now , as turbo said that’s where we are !

Biggest choker made a counter point of view below the previous page.

Good Post - EK is always interesting to talk about - Their first objective would be to replace the 15+ players that have either left or retired or just don't want to play premier. Is it still the EK football club though? 70% of the current list haven't even played or been at the club for 40 games or less including their New President, Captain/Coach & Vice Captain. Interesting times ahead for EK and the real hard working team for the past 25 years to keep this club alive. Watch this space with Mister PAT at the Helm..

Stayed off here for 2 years .... A few of you on here are 2 faced , you know who you are ! For 2 years all this Div 1 thread has been about ripping into Ek . For 10 year we’ve been trying to rebuild our club since the edfl split the comp and we were in c grade . We lost all our players , all our sponsors, 1/2 our juniors, for 2 years no under 16s , merged our under 14s, we had a successful under 18s for a couple years but not all went on to even play football again , so heavily in debt . 10years to rebuild.20 + years since we were in A grade . Not once did anyone mention this history , we went up , then straight back down , limited funds , dragging players off the street to play 2s . We tried to bring back juniors that went off to play at the big clubs because we weren’t appealing or successful. We lost a lot of kids .Yet you continually knock us for trying to bring back success to this once successful club that was once in A grade for many years and held its own . Yet KP , Tullamarine, APW bring in a heap of players no one says boo , and good on them .Our committee has worked their asses off to try and get right off field 1st and then on field. It might or might not work out in the long run , we might or might not be successful in A grade but at least with all we’ve worked on in the last 10 years we have the opportunity. Proud to be an Ek supporter for the last 25years and proud to sons that played their whole life at Ek. I one playing now and testing himself to see if he has what takes to play premier after securing a game in the 1st this year .
Spare us all the BS. The only reason why EK started to win games is because Pat came to the club and spent a heap of money bringing players... If Pat never showed up EK will still be a shit B Grade club - FACT....
In saying that , I've got to take my hat off to Pat on becoming President, no doubt would hurt him never to have won a flag as coach.

Going to ground only to return to talk shit after the club has achieved success?
I'm not sure that they're coming from a position of strength.. the differences between clubs like Tulla and EKs recruiting should be abundantly clear to all but those seeking to feel aggrieved. (but really, does the opinion of anonymous people on the internet really mean that much?)
McKernan returning to Tulla to play alongside his best mate is drastically different to Heath Shaw going to a club that he has minimal, if any connection to.
Enjoy the success and I hope that EK goes well in the top grade but save the bleating and just get on with it.

Going to ground only to return to talk sh*t after the club has achieved success?
I'm not sure that they're coming from a position of strength.. the differences between clubs like Tulla and EKs recruiting should be abundantly clear to all but those seeking to feel aggrieved. (but really, does the opinion of anonymous people on the internet really mean that much?)
McKernan returning to Tulla to play alongside his best mate is drastically different to Heath Shaw going to a club that he has minimal, if any connection to.
Enjoy the success and I hope that EK goes well in the top grade but save the bleating and just get on with it.
another DH with no idea , underground you say , I actually have a life and chose not to be on here because of people like you that think they know it all , probably the same people who’ve never volunteered or put their hands in their pockets, I bet you take your own beer and food to your own and away games . You think this was a success, it was merely an achievement of many years work , success is coming .And yes Pat has made a difference and wether its life , business or sport you must always look to grow and better yourself so bring in people that’ll help achieve that . I not sure that you and fellow haters actually understand that . Anyway I’m off here , got a life to live , businesses to run and a footy team so support.

Any good business, footy club etc should have a succession plan which is exactly what EK have done. You may or may not have served on your clubs executive for 10 years , but (1) it’s an exhausting and at times thankless task (2) having the same people at the top for long periods of time is not necessarily a good thing and (3) you have to have the right group of people ready to take over , not hoping someone will step up , otherwise your 10 years of work can go out the window pretty quickly . Just my thoughts having lived it for the past 15 years.
Great points I also think you need fresh eyes and ideas to invigorate clubs 10 years is a long time in footy

Enjoy your retirement mate.

another DH with no idea , underground you say , I actually have a life and chose not to be on here because of people like you that think they know it all , probably the same people who’ve never volunteered or put their hands in their pockets, I bet you take your own beer and food to your own and away games . You think this was a success, it was merely an achievement of many years work , success is coming .And yes Pat has made a difference and wether its life , business or sport you must always look to grow and better yourself so bring in people that’ll help achieve that . I not sure that you and fellow haters actually understand that . Anyway I’m off here , got a life to live , businesses to run and a footy team so support.
Lol. Fair melt.

EK posting all their re-signings at once tonight! Will be interesting to see how some of these names go in premier division footy! Some will clearly still dominate, others might struggle.

Coletta, Lock, Hill, Shaw, Micallef, Caluzzi, Stewart, Rayner, Van Der Byl, Mazzeo, Palazzolo, King

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't you the one with no idea, you don't build a football club based off recruits who have no allegiance to the club, they simply goes when the money dries up. You build your football club from your juniors up, maybe EK should have spent that money on junior development, isn't that the whole point of the points system? Maybe the edfl a metro league, where 5 mill of Victoria have too many points, they should play under 30 points, yet you play on more points than quambatook that doesn't even have a school

Aren't you the one with no idea, you don't build a football club based off recruits who have no allegiance to the club, they simply goes when the money dries up. You build your football club from your juniors up, maybe EK should have spent that money on junior development, isn't that the whole point of the points system? Maybe the edfl a metro league, where 5 mill of Victoria have too many points, they should play under 30 points, yet you play on more points than quambatook that doesn't even have a school
I'm not an EK supporter but to be fair I think the juniors is such a tricky one these days. Even if I lived in East Keilor I would probably prefer to send my kid to Keilor to play juniors. They have such great development and many kids get drafted every year after year which is a credit to how good that footy club is. The other clubs surrounding Keilor like East Keilor, Keilor Park, Taylors Lakes etc all battle with juniors because the Keilor program is so good and parents choose to send their kids where they have the best chance of success.

I don't mind the model that EK have gone down because if they went for a traditional build I dont think there is anyway they are going to get near Keilor, Abers etc. There is obviously a risk that players will leave and your points value becomes an issue, but I do think it is the best way they can compete in Premier League. It's not what were all used to seeing, but good on them for giving it a go. I hate seeing a club promoted and then coming back down the year after. Hopefully they can have a crack and push some of the best teams in Premier.

Imagine if EK put the money into their junior system to rival keilors, where do Keilor juniors go? They can't all get a game under Mick. There's plenty of talented juniors that just stop playing, because it's hard to get a game in the seniors. If they get a core 15 gun locals it makes a huge difference and as you say Keilor are set for life as know one wants to take on their junior development

I'm not an EK supporter but to be fair I think the juniors is such a tricky one these days. Even if I lived in East Keilor I would probably prefer to send my kid to Keilor to play juniors. They have such great development and many kids get drafted every year after year which is a credit to how good that footy club is. The other clubs surrounding Keilor like East Keilor, Keilor Park, Taylors Lakes etc all battle with juniors because the Keilor program is so good and parents choose to send their kids where they have the best chance of success.

I don't mind the model that EK have gone down because if they went for a traditional build I dont think there is anyway they are going to get near Keilor, Abers etc. There is obviously a risk that players will leave and your points value becomes an issue, but I do think it is the best way they can compete in Premier League. It's not what were all used to seeing, but good on them for giving it a go. I hate seeing a club promoted and then coming back down the year after. Hopefully they can have a crack and push some of the best teams in Premier.

Why don't we just make the juniors a 3 team competition? Keilor , Strathmore , Abers. Then every kid will be able to play at a club with great development and be a credit to the general football population!!!!!!!!!!

Good program obviously but saying they have kids drafted year after year is a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good program obviously but saying they have kids drafted year after year is a stretch.

Route 59 - don't worry mate , he has no idea obviously , just like those flog parents who drive past their local club to play at one of these Elitist clubs with the promise of WINNING!!!! Even if little Johnny has to pay $500 membership and play in the 4ths

Hey thought you said to go to the prem thread no more ek talk in this forum.

We have been promoted and still take up 90% of your comments in this thread. Ek Live rent free in your head turbo

Not sure where your getting your info from heard zakka Bundoora bound if not picked up by an AFL club

How many kids have been drafted from Keilor in the past five years?

Not sure where your getting your info from heard zakka Bundoora bound if not picked up by an AFL club

Never once said he was coming EK, that was turbo mate. I know he’s Bundoora bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back