EDFL Premier Division - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no 98.9 FM coverage today due to tech problems - call will still be streamed at northwestfm.org which you can hear on your iphone.

@edflfooty on twitter will still be posting score updates today

A big 2 weeks remaining with 4th place still up for grabs.
4th - Marby 32 pts, 93.8%
Play – Douttas, Oak Park
Haven’t sealed 4th place yet, but will probably hold on with 1 win.
5th – Keilor 28 pts, 96.7%
Play – Abers, Douttas
Current percentage means they only have to pick up 1 game on Marby to take their place. Will still like their chances to pinch the last spot.
6th – Oak Park 28 pts, 80.9%
Play – Avondale, Marby
Destiny still in their own hands, but need to win the last two.
7th – Pascoe Vale 24 pts, 109.7%
Play – Keilor, Abers
Strong percentage still gives them a chance. This week at Keilor is an elimination final.
8th – Doutta Stars 24 pts, 91.8%
Play – Marby, Keilor
Need plenty to go their way, but to keep their chances alive need to get over Marby first.
If Pacco and Douttas can get up this week, we will be in for a cracker in Round 18.

A big 2 weeks remaining with 4th place still up for grabs.
4th - Marby 32 pts, 93.8%
Play – Douttas, Oak Park
Haven’t sealed 4th place yet, but will probably hold on with 1 win.
5th – Keilor 28 pts, 96.7%
Play – Abers, Douttas
Current percentage means they only have to pick up 1 game on Marby to take their place. Will still like their chances to pinch the last spot.
6th – Oak Park 28 pts, 80.9%
Play – Avondale, Marby
Destiny still in their own hands, but need to win the last two.
7th – Pascoe Vale 24 pts, 109.7%
Play – Keilor, Abers
Strong percentage still gives them a chance. This week at Keilor is an elimination final.
8th – Doutta Stars 24 pts, 91.8%
Play – Marby, Keilor
Need plenty to go their way, but to keep their chances alive need to get over Marby first.
If Pacco and Douttas can get up this week, we will be in for a cracker in Round 18.
Certainly the race for fourth spot is still on but I would suggest it is a three horse race Marby, Keilor & Oak Park. Marby & Keilor both play the fast finishing Douttas - must win games. Keilor has a danger game playing Pascoe Vale this week (not Abers) & Marby the following week will be a last man standing affair. All three sides must win both games & percentage could be a factor. Great finish to home & away season for the EDFL.

I have been watching the EDFL web tv "footy show" recently and its very good. Both Matty and his young side kick have a great understanding of the league and the boys promote the comp extremely well. It would be great if the show could get back to channel 31 in the future. To view past shows, just go on the EDFL website and follow the links. Good luck to everyone leading into finals.

My tips for the flag:
Greenvale
APW
Hillside

Doutta's a Pacco both win. Marby should beat Oak Park next week.

Both Doutta's and Pacco can be pretty happy with 2012.
pacco certainly have been good first year in,as for doutta'vast improvement on last year played alot of 17and 18 year old kids all year good to see the competion in great shape with four sides still a chance too grab fourth spot

Double broadcasts start today for the next 3 weekends.

Saturday - EDS-Keilor 2pm-5pm
Sunday - Taylors Lakes-Glenroy 2pm-5pm

North West FM 98.9 and www.northwestfm.org - web link is both streaming and iPhone compatible.

Great finish to the year! Paco and EDS up and running at the end,marby scrapping in. Abers just tanking for the final round? Secure in 3 rd spot, saving money seeing their 1000's over budget? I bet they are happy they aren't playing paco or douttas!

Great finish to the year! Paco and EDS up and running at the end,marby scrapping in. Abers just tanking for the final round? Secure in 3 rd spot, saving money seeing their 1000's over budget? I bet they are happy they aren't playing paco or douttas!
Don't know about Abers tanking I think more a case of PV having blokes like O'Sullivan , Bicer , Smith , and many more just putting there head over the ball and wanting to win .Aberfeldie would have to be the most skillfull team I've seen all year but not many of them wanted to get there hands dirty.Full credit to PV they have punched above their weight all year and with a bit more polish would have made the four.

Don't know about Abers tanking I think more a case of PV having blokes like O'Sullivan , Bicer , Smith , and many more just putting there head over the ball and wanting to win .

The difference of having pride in playing for a club rather than playing for the coin.good job Paco

"Aberfeldie would have to be the most skillfull team I've seen all year but not many of them wanted to get there hands dirty."

Well that's what you get paying so much coin for footballers, worrying about the money and not each other, and who they recruit! 400k is a huge investment to finish 3rd, sack a coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juliand there are plenty of blokes down at Paco just for the coin too, as there are at all of the "top" clubs, so it's a bit rough to knock Abers for trying to buy a bit of success.

How about some finals predictions
Abers Vs. Marby
Jets Vs. Mores

Grand finalists? Strathmore vs Greenvale
Player of the finals? Adam Iacobucci
Premiers? Strathmore
BOG medal in GF: Adam Winter​

Denis Bicer has announced his retirement from EDFL football as a player and coach.
Congratulations to Denis on a great career of EDFL football, have never seen such a consistent footballer, i remember him as a junior playing for Nth.Coburg he was unstoppable, then onto Pascoe Vale, then Greenvale and ending his career back at Pascoe Vale after winning B grade GF last year and playing coach in A Grade this year, great man, extraordinary footballer and wonderful career.
All the best Denis, i hope you will stay involved with the EDFL in the future :thumbsu:
#veryhighcalibre

Juliand there are plenty of blokes down at Paco just for the coin too, as there are at all of the "top" clubs, so it's a bit rough to knock Abers for trying to buy a bit of success.

How about some finals predictions
Abers Vs. Marby
Jets Vs. Mores

Grand finalists? Strathmore vs Greenvale
Player of the finals? Adam Iacobucci
Premiers? Strathmore
BOG medal in GF: Adam Winter​

I realise that- it's just the way Abers go about it. I'm sure with all the planning and talk out of the club they thought a tilt at the flag is what they were aiming for but hired guns doesn't instill pride in wearing the jumper and the history of wearing it, maybe I'll be proven wrong as anything can happen in finals but they are a long way from it!!

Juggle drums already beating down at Keilor. Whisper is they will be losing marcy, moore x 2, westfield, van reit, kellet, cooper and messis due to retirements or leaving. Also heard they are in a bit of financial trouble as well? Can anyone assoicated with keilor confirm or deny?

Also will be a cracker of a game this week with Marby having to give themselves a chance to knock off Greenvale with all their injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back