Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, let dissect this:
Airport West - Adam Contessa unlikely to leave after a good year so far
Greenvale - Anthony Rock - No way he would leave
Pascoe Vale - Steve Paxman - First Year coach so can't see him leave
Avondale Heights - Saade Gazi - As per Airport West
Maribyrnong Park - Brodie Holland - With the great work he has done to resurrect this group, he's going nowhere unless gets a gig at higher level

So, this leaves Keilor with the following out of the at least 2 from Premier Division from this group if serious approaches.
Strathmore - Digby Morrell
Doutta Stars - Marcus Barham
Oak Park - Dale Chadwick
Aberfeldie - Mal Michael

Keilor need to look outside of EDFL and maybe look at their entire football department

Mal, like Paxman is in his first year at Abers. Can't see him leaving.
Chadwick would be an unlikely appointment.
Billy is happy at DS.
So according to the theory it really only leaves Morrell. He's been to the top at S'more, maybe he is ready for a new challenge???

Don't be surprised if he coaches a side that his dad is a life member at?His dad is back there supporting them :thumbsu:

i dont think that will happen. his old man is involved at Werribee coaching and with Vic Metro and he is helping scott west on game day as well. as for the old man supporting parkside he is helping Phil organise there 2003 Premiership reunion in which he was an assistant :thumbsu:

Moving on from trolls..
It should be a good round this week,
G'vale vs Marby
Paco vs Keilor
S'more vs APW
Abers vs Avondale
all being interesting games.

I see a number of posts have been removed since I last was on, anyway

Tips for this week

Doutta Vs Oak Park
G'vale vs Marby
Paco vs Keilor
S'more vs APW
Abers vs Avondale

Go Marby!

Doutta Vs Oak Park: OP's struggles to continue against a good young EDS side.
G'vale vs Marby: Greenvale too good at home, should be a great contest.
Paco vs Keilor could go either way depending on which Keilor shows up.
S'more vs APW: another close one but APW a good chance playing at home.
Abers vs Avondale: rematch from Anzac day, Abers should prevail again but I'm tipping it to be closer this time.

Strathmore struggling not being able to put a regular team together week in week out,and probably costing quite a bit of money as well

Some interesting tactics by the Strathmore boys today, playing two on Kenny for the entire first half.
I thought they would have backed themselves to outplay APW without such a defense mindset.

Solid win by Greenvale over Marby.
Unfortunately for Marby, Anthony went down in the second quarter with a serious looking ankle injury.

ok, so the top 2 are set, GV , Abers

Have the Mores ran their race? Huge game this week for them against Avondale, both clubs would be thinking if they can get the 4 points then that would put both in a great position to finish in the 4, but a loss could de-rail the year.
After Saturday's comprehensive win you'd have to pencil APW in for a finals spot. Marby havn't done much wrong lately either.
Can anyone remember a season so even? Interested in everyones opinion on the 4 sides vying for 3rd & 4th spot
AH
APW
MARBY
SMORE

ok, so the top 2 are set, GV , Abers

Have the Mores ran their race? Huge game this week for them against Avondale, both clubs would be thinking if they can get the 4 points then that would put both in a great position to finish in the 4, but a loss could de-rail the year.
After Saturday's comprehensive win you'd have to pencil APW in for a finals spot. Marby havn't done much wrong lately either.
Can anyone remember a season so even? Interested in everyones opinion on the 4 sides vying for 3rd & 4th spot
AH
APW
MARBY
SMORE
AH and APW both have to play Oak Park so they will get an even bigger gap % wise over Marby who have already played them twice. Strathmores % is poor so probably wont be a factor. So in effect AH and APW virtually have a one game advantage. Going to be some massive 8 point games coming up. assuming Greenvale and Abers keep winning. The key will be the 8 point games and I believe Keilor and to a lesser extent Douttas because they could cause an upset that could derail someones plans. AH and APW have both already played Abers so if they can win the ones they should then they should make it but is going to be a cracking fight for those spots but the reality is I don't think any of them can get near the top 2. BUT you have to be in it to win it.
Massive games r13 strath v Avondale
r14 Apw v Marby r15 Marby v AH r17 Apw v AH

AH and APW both have to play Oak Park so they will get an even bigger gap % wise over Marby who have already played them twice. Strathmores % is poor so probably wont be a factor. So in effect AH and APW virtually have a one game advantage. Going to be some massive 8 point games coming up. assuming Greenvale and Abers keep winning. The key will be the 8 point games and I believe Keilor and to a lesser extent Douttas because they could cause an upset that could derail someones plans. AH and APW have both already played Abers so if they can win the ones they should then they should make it but is going to be a cracking fight for those spots but the reality is I don't think any of them can get near the top 2. BUT you have to be in it to win it.

Good job Junky, comprehensive wrap up of where everything's at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Greenvale
2. Abers
3. AH
4. APW

with so many 8-point games i expect it to look very different at the end of the season but this was what i got tipping every match in the last 6 rounds.

1. GV 17-1
2. AB 15-3
3. MP 13-5
4. APW 11-7

5. AV 10-8
6. SM 9-9
7. KE 6-12
8. EDS 5-13
9. PV 4-14
10. OP 0-18

So according to you Marby will go through the rest of the season undefeated. Even thou they have to play AW (away), AH (home), Keilor (away) and Abers (away) that is a big call. I don't think the ladder will change unless the Mores find their mojo again and they still have to play Abers & Greenvale. 10 wins and % will get you in. Aw play oak park, Douttas and Keilor win all 3 and they are home.

So according to you Marby will go through the rest of the season undefeated. Even thou they have to play AW (away), AH (home), Keilor (away) and Abers (away) that is a big call. I don't think the ladder will change unless the Mores find their mojo again and they still have to play Abers & Greenvale. 10 wins and % will get you in. Aw play oak park, Douttas and Keilor win all 3 and they are home.

Yes Marby have had an awesome past month or so but I don't think they will get there, keilor at keilor is always hard as is apw at apw aswell as abers being an obvious difficult game. I can't see the top 4 changing I think it will be
Greenvale
Abers
Avondale
APW

Strathmore look to be in trouble, an end to a powerful era could be coming to an end possibly?

well you won't have to worry about Keilor. they are ready to self detruct the rumbling are getting bad down there i wouldn't even be very surprise if thing don't even change before the end of the year.
there is a Very Big KOO just about to go on and there there is a push to out the Teal ticket and his riff raff and go back to a full committee like before when they where a power house in the competition.

well you won't have to worry about Keilor. they are ready to self detruct the rumbling are getting bad down there i wouldn't even be very surprise if thing don't even change before the end of the year.
there is a Very Big KOO just about to go on and there there is a push to out the Teal ticket and his riff raff and go back to a full committee like before when they where a power house in the competition.
Whatever problem you have with Teal you have to admit he has been a great servant of that club, both as a player and President

Yes Marby have had an awesome past month or so but I don't think they will get there, keilor at keilor is always hard as is apw at apw aswell as abers being an obvious difficult game. I can't see the top 4 changing I think it will be
Greenvale
Abers
Avondale
APW

Strathmore look to be in trouble, an end to a powerful era could be coming to an end possibly?
Marby will also be missing Anthony for a while you'd imagine after he was stretchered off at the weekend.
Maybe Mick Dundee or My North can fill us in on that?
Personally I'd like for them to make the finals as they tend to make things interesting one way or another..

OK Bluey,

Are you standing? Or are you just stirring? And the word is coup, short for coup d'état, not KOO. Do you really want to go back to a group of 15-17 sitting around and getting nowhere?

Has Keilor had a disappointing couple of years - Yes. It would be fair to say the senior group has under performed.
Has MCGuane been there too long - many would say yes but again Keilor will make that call.
Has Keilor been in A Grade since 1973 - Yes - never gone down.
Has Keilor joined the $$$ race - No. Keilor would be about the 8th spending club in the Premier league.
Does it matter if you have a committee of 15 or an executive of 8 with sub committees performing various jobs - NO
Does Keilor have one of the best Junior Programs going around - Yes. Currently has 12 TAC representatives. Vic Metro Representatives at U16/U15 levels.
So I fail to see what Teal & co have done wrong. Obviously you have a dislike for the man and the best you can do is pot shot from behind a key board.

Has Keilor had a disappointing couple of years - Yes. It would be fair to say the senior group has under performed.
Has MCGuane been there too long - many would say yes but again Keilor will make that call.
Has Keilor been in A Grade since 1973 - Yes - never gone down.
Has Keilor joined the $$$ race - No. Keilor would be about the 8th spending club in the Premier league.
Does it matter if you have a committee of 15 or an executive of 8 with sub committees performing various jobs - NO
Does Keilor have one of the best Junior Programs going around - Yes. Currently has 12 TAC representatives. Vic Metro Representatives at U16/U15 levels.
So I fail to see what Teal & co have done wrong. Obviously you have a dislike for the man and the best you can do is pot shot from behind a key board.
I agree with everything bar this, they've outbid a number of clubs to both recruit and retain current players. They may not pay as much as Abers/G'vale/S'more but they'd be paying more than the rest, from what I understand anyway.
That said, I can't understand the negativity towards them at present. They've been up and about for a long time & winning a premiership not all that long ago. there's been a changing of the guard down there and it'll only be a matter of time before their quality younger players have them in contention again.

I agree with everything bar this, they've outbid a number of clubs to both recruit and retain current players. They may not pay as much as Abers/G'vale/S'more but they'd be paying more than the rest, from what I understand anyway.
That said, I can't understand the negativity towards them at present. They've been up and about for a long time & winning a premiership not all that long ago. there's been a changing of the guard down there and it'll only be a matter of time before their quality younger players have them in contention again.
Keilor would have have the highest paid coach i Premier Division, or doesn't that count in player payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back