EDFL-Premier Division 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips for this week.
Airport West to smash Oak Park-Kenny to kick double figures
Heights to just beat Mores. Rose to kick 5
Aberfeldie to beat Keilor by about 5 goals- mighty mick to get a bit greyer.
Greenvale to smack Pacco by 12+ Gazzo to kick 6
Marby to continue good form and beat Douttas by 4 goals

I agree with everything bar this, they've outbid a number of clubs to both recruit and retain current players. They may not pay as much as Abers/G'vale/S'more but they'd be paying more than the rest, from what I understand anyway.
That said, I can't understand the negativity towards them at present. They've been up and about for a long time & winning a premiership not all that long ago. there's been a changing of the guard down there and it'll only be a matter of time before their quality younger players have them in contention again.

PV, APW, AV, MP are definitely paying more. Also not sure where the negativity is coming from.

PV, APW, AV, MP are definitely paying more. Also not sure where the negativity is coming from.
Are they better off with a local / lower $$$$ coach with more $$$ to spend on players . Personally think he has to be a great asset and would love the KFC to reappoint him for two years and stop the instability

Are they better off with a local / lower $$$$ coach with more $$$ to spend on players . Personally think he has to be a great asset and would love the KFC to reappoint him for two years and stop the instability

Dont think anyone is saying he is not a great coach, I think he is in the best 3 coaches the EDFL has ever seen, but his pay packet is excessive for Local Mtero Footy. If you could get him for 25k you'd pay it in a heartbeat. But like players there will always be other clubs/comps willing to spend to get what they think they want, either way good luck to him, he has been fantastic for KFC & EDFL.

No upsets on the weekend, looks like 1 has dropped off the battle for 3rd and 4th leaving APW,AV & MP.

Has Keilor had a disappointing couple of years - Yes. It would be fair to say the senior group has under performed.
Has MCGuane been there too long - many would say yes but again Keilor will make that call.
Has Keilor been in A Grade since 1973 - Yes - never gone down.
Has Keilor joined the $$$ race - No. Keilor would be about the 8th spending club in the Premier league.
Does it matter if you have a committee of 15 or an executive of 8 with sub committees performing various jobs - NO
Does Keilor have one of the best Junior Programs going around - Yes. Currently has 12 TAC representatives. Vic Metro Representatives at U16/U15 levels.
So I fail to see what Teal & co have done wrong. Obviously you have a dislike for the man and the best you can do is pot shot from behind a key board.

I dont think anyone for one moment has ever question Mighty Micks coaching abilities the gripe around the club is that Teal and his band of followers are just that followers. as for there junior program is he taking the credit for where all boys live now. Keilor has always had strong juniors long before anyone else was running the club and i think they have fallen behind Greenvale as they have the best junior program at the moment if you have a full commitee at least everyone is accountable and everything is run above board.

I dont think anyone for one moment has ever question Mighty Micks coaching abilities the gripe around the club is that Teal and his band of followers are just that followers. as for there junior program is he taking the credit for where all boys live now. Keilor has always had strong juniors long before anyone else was running the club and i think they have fallen behind Greenvale as they have the best junior program at the moment if you have a full commitee at least everyone is accountable and everything is run above board.

It would seem you have the gripe with Teal & to bag executive committee people that put their hand up without any acknowledgement clearly tells me you have no idea. Why don't you do some home work GV Juniors have slipped well done from what they were. You are out of touch & have no idea.

Keilor played a number of Juniors on the weekend.
Looks like they are already implementing their development program.
At least it will guarantee the long term survival and sustainability.
I'd say a big tick for Mick in that department.:thumbsu:

Keilor played a number of Juniors on the weekend.
Looks like they are already implementing their development program.
At least it will guarantee the long term survival and sustainability.
I'd say a big tick for Mick in that department.:thumbsu:
Saving money is big in developing junior players!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

keilor had a crises meeting today to discuss mighty Mick's tenor at keilor if they don't reappoint him there will be a mass exits from the club. may be then they can fall back to there junior program everybody been talking about down there at keilor reserve. i carnt wait till the AGM to come and see the wounded leaving with the new president in long time supporter and sponser getting the right backing and people involved to make Keilor a power house again watch this space :thumbsu:

I don't think there is anyone who would dispute that Mick is one of the best footy minds in Australia. He is a wonderful motivator and tactician. He understands the oppositions strengths and weaknesses and is an original thinker. I got to know him briefly away from footy and there is no questing his status as a coach.

That being said... How can a local footy club justify the $50K+ package for a coach? OF ANY KIND! I don't care if it is Paul Roos. If a club has a budget of $180-250K to spend on players (which I assume Keilor does) how is it good value to pay a coach roughly quarter of that? Esp when there are dozens of local footy coaches out there with significant experience and proven results that can be gotten for $20-25K. Do you know what you can buy with the extra $25K. 2 GUN PLAYERS! And guess what Keilor have been short of recently. GUN PLAYERS!

2008 showed that Mick is a class act. Took a side that had been gutted of talent and then recruited heavily and won a flag as a massive underdog. But you would want regular results for the money they are shelling out.
Keilor's results the last few years are not Mick's fault. The EDFL is about cattle. If you ain't got it, you ain't got it. If Keilor were in a situation where money was no object then of course chase the very best. But unless he is going to guarantee results then it is not bang for buck.

I don't think there is anyone who would dispute that Mick is one of the best footy minds in Australia. He is a wonderful motivator and tactician. He understands the oppositions strengths and weaknesses and is an original thinker. I got to know him briefly away from footy and there is no questing his status as a coach.

That being said... How can a local footy club justify the $50K+ package for a coach? OF ANY KIND! I don't care if it is Paul Roos. If a club has a budget of $180-250K to spend on players (which I assume Keilor does) how is it good value to pay a coach roughly quarter of that? Esp when there are dozens of local footy coaches out there with significant experience and proven results that can be gotten for $20-25K. Do you know what you can buy with the extra $25K. 2 GUN PLAYERS! And guess what Keilor have been short of recently. GUN PLAYERS!

2008 showed that Mick is a class act. Took a side that had been gutted of talent and then recruited heavily and won a flag as a massive underdog. But you would want regular results for the money they are shelling out.
Keilor's results the last few years are not Mick's fault. The EDFL is about cattle. If you ain't got it, you ain't got it. If Keilor were in a situation where money was no object then of course chase the very best. But unless he is going to guarantee results then it is not bang for buck.

That's Post of the week

So your suggesting Rock & Mal are getting $25K?? That explains why GV & AB can afford the players they do.

So your suggesting Rock & Mal are getting $25K?? That explains why GV & AB can afford the players they do.
Not for a second am I suggesting that. But they have a budget far far bigger than Keilor currently. If you read my post properly you would have seen that I said "if money were no object then of course get the best". Abers bill if there were no injuries would push $400K+. Keilor just are not in the position to be paying $50K+ for a coach.

Unfortunately for Keilor money is an object. Otherwise they wouldn't be sitting 4-9 and looking at another wasted year.

This is what I don't get, they did very well on that day as a massive underdog but yet it's apparently impossible to perform in local footy without spending big?
The side Greenvale won with last year wasn't the most expensive either. The amount of money spent is overrated, it's how you spend it that matters. Keilors problem is that from that season to this aside from Browne/Cartelli who're obviously quality, they've topped up with guys from the WRFL etc. Paying to get guys over who aren't necessarily any better than what you've already got is just a waste.

Abers bill if there were no injuries would push $400K+.
So abers best side costs $20000 a game does iLets say 5@$2000 -5@$1000 10@$500 which comes to $20 grand me thinks you got no idea and just made this $400000 figure up.Btw i got no big interst in this comp but do watch on occasions and amazes me what figures people put out there.As i say i call bullshit

You can choose not to believe. That's fine. But my source sits in every selection and I trust him. Plus you forgot to add sign-ons buddy. That would be $25k this year alone. Believe me when I tell you they would push 400 barring injury when you include sign ons and Mal's wage. But I digress... I didn't initially post to talk about Abers. Nobody needs me to tell them they are spending a fortune.

Should be an interesting day at Keilor, there ground is very wet and 4 games of football last night in torrential rain,will be a slog but tipping Keilor @home

Big congratulations to radio man Dylan Beers McKibbin on cracking Premier Division in the umpiring ranks.

Also, word out of PV today is that T.Hislop is a dirty man.
Anyone know who he hit?
you have accused someone of assault! need to be very careful on social media who ever posted.

Big congratulations to radio man Dylan Beers McKibbin on cracking Premier Division in the umpiring ranks.

Also, word out of PV today is that T.Hislop is a dirty man.
Anyone know who he hit?

Robbie Mullen. It was behind the play. The young fella was carted to hospital in an ambulance. Lets just say it did not look good from the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back