EDFL-Premier Division 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but what is the league to do? Maybe a closer alliance to the AFL? Does the EDFL have an umpiring academy and if they do does it mean all the good umpires go the VFL/AFL for future career progression? Maybe we need to come up with working party on here and just hope the EDFL take some suggestions on board? I personally don't have an answer apart from trying to keep ex edfl players involved but who wants to umpire as the game has gone past umpires trying to keep fitness levels up as a part time job
don't complain about young umps. vcfl games i also attend ,combined 2 x central age 100+ somedays , and club umps on boundary in ones , and all club umps 2's and 3's.!
very impressed with lots of young umps on boundary and goals at all levels edfl , and girls too. please take time to encourage all - field , bound & goal. Noted to edfl 2 yr ago abuse at senior edfl level worst i had seen! Couldn't understand why anyone would want to umpire that level. Seems better of late.
I wish up here we could get edfl numbers. much better to get $40+ for 2 hrs running outside than working 6hr at burger joint making burgers or dealing with d-heads at counter!

don't complain about young umps. vcfl games i also attend ,combined 2 x central age 100+ somedays , and club umps on boundary in ones , and all club umps 2's and 3's.!
very impressed with lots of young umps on boundary and goals at all levels edfl , and girls too. please take time to encourage all - field , bound & goal. Noted to edfl 2 yr ago abuse at senior edfl level worst i had seen! Couldn't understand why anyone would want to umpire that level. Seems better of late.
I wish up here we could get edfl numbers. much better to get $40+ for 2 hrs running outside than working 6hr at burger joint making burgers or dealing with d-heads at counter!

The young umps and doing very well, as stated abuse has dropped off heaps in the last few years which will help with retention as the younger progress through from junior to senior footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, you must be proud of your mob. Two huge scalps in successive weeks after being written off by many (myself included ) after the exodus in the offseason. It's great to see Brodie & co's loyalty rewarded with some cracking performances.
Yeah Mick, all crap aside what a 2 weeks it's been for your mob.

OK, so Greenvale & Abers would have 1 & 2 sewn up. 4 teams vying for the other 2 spots.
I'll say Smore & APW to finish off strongly and grab the 2 spots. But again, the comp is so close this year so wouldn't be surprised to see Avondale who havn't done a lot wrong this year and pushed both top teams and Marby who beat Abers finish in the finals. It's a strange season, anyone from 3rd to 9th can win on any given day.
For conversation sake, the years
Biggest surprise - Avondale(special mention to APW)
Biggest Disapointment - Keilor(special mention to Pacco)

Strathmore maybe in trouble of missing the finals. Marby is a team you don't want to be playing in a final. I reckon both Abers & Greenvale will be hoping Marby don't make finals or they avoid them in a possible prelim.

With that said i reckon the ladder will
Greenvale
Abers
Marby
Avondale

Strathmore maybe in trouble of missing the finals. Marby is a team you don't want to be playing in a final. I reckon both Abers & Greenvale will be hoping Marby don't make finals or they avoid them in a possible prelim.

Greenvale have beaten Marby well in last two finals series so dare say they wouldn't care given how different the teams are from the GF's.

I think it will be as follows:

Greenvale
Abers
APW
Avondale

Mate, you must be proud of your mob. Two huge scalps in successive weeks after being written off by many (myself included ) after the exodus in the offseason. It's great to see Brodie & co's loyalty rewarded with some cracking performances.

Yes you did, you tipped us the win the wooden spoon along with others go down to B Grade.

Yeah Mick, all crap aside what a 2 weeks it's been for your mob.

Do you still think we are going to finish last this year? Another one who tipped us to win the wooden Spoon and back to B and even C Grade, how wrong can one be?

With that said i reckon the ladder will
Greenvale
Abers
Marby
Avondale

Marby team alot different from the last 2 years, 6 senior players left from those years, agree with your final ladder position.

Marby have played some good footy the last few weeks and to continue for the rest of the year.

Go MARBY!!

Very Proud of the group and also Brodie Holland. He is the best coach in the competition by Far.
The difference is the players are having a red hot go now, hope it keeps up, many exciting years ahead!

Very Proud of the group and also Brodie Holland. He is the best coach in the competition by Far.
The difference is the players are having a red hot go now, hope it keeps up, many exciting years ahead!
Dutchy making his move towards an afl coaching career? Apparently with the "late" changes on Saturday this left Strathmore with 2 tall defenders and digby had no where to hide them except on the bench and Abdul wahid playing CHF and Soloman back in the fwd line but no other talls. Well played Holland

Sad news today with the passing of Peter Wright from Douttas. Peter fought a gallant battle against cancer, but it finally took its toll. RIP, Pete.

RIP – Peter Wright.. I heard on Saturday that Peter was such a good footballer that Douttas paid him handsomely in comparison to other players and to quote former teammates “worth every cent even if it was 8 times more than the rest of us”

Also condolences to the family and friends of quality bloke and gun junior footballer, Corporal Cameron Baird…

I still remember the presence he had when playing juniors at the Mores before his time at Calder.

We (Abers) played Strathmore in an elimination final at Glenroy and they played Bairdy, still in the 16’s, but he was bigger than most of us at that age. He dominated that game and had a good junior career; he was unlucky to not get drafted before he served our country.

RIP

Ease up Mick, don't get too carried away. Holland best coach in EDFL, pfft.... If he was they would've been having a "red hot go" earlier in the season. What's changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back