EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Fresh news out of oak park. Believed to be few players, including past players and supporters who are not happy with young jack kennedy after his speech at there recent best and fairest presentation . I have heard from numerous reports past players want him to go as a result of what he said . Any one know anything more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Airport West were the surprise packet last year and performed better than what most expected. They played well against Abers and Greenvale and smacked Avondale when it counted. Not far off having a serious tilt at flag but do need a bit of a top up. Possibly another tall forward and a tall back. Any news on the recruitment for 2014? Earlier posts said that the Eagles were going to sign some VFL players and "spend up" No news yet?

Geez there has been some shit spoken on here but these are the facts. Mal and I sat down at the end of the season about where I was at and where the club was heading. We both felt that I'm getting older and slower. And that my body isn't up to playing A grade anymore, especially with Al Kefford coming through it wasn't fair to play on and take this kids spot who will Abers centre half forward for the next 10 years. I would love to still be playing with my good mates there but my body just isn't up to it anymore. There is a lot of good youth at Aberfeldie and it is in the best interest of the club to start bleeding these blokes. The reasons I have gone to tulla is to play with one of my best mates Tom Delaney, also to help out with coaching as I wasn't ready to retire or play reserves just yet. I will be back at Abers when I'm ready to play reserves because that is my home. I wish Abers all the best for 2014 and hope we can go one better. I'm looking forward to next year at tullamarine and playing under coach Ash Manning.

Geez there has been some shit spoken on here but these are the facts. Mal and I sat down at the end of the season about where I was at and where the club was heading. We both felt that I'm getting older and slower. And that my body isn't up to playing A grade anymore, especially with Al Kefford coming through it wasn't fair to play on and take this kids spot who will Abers centre half forward for the next 10 years. I would love to still be playing with my good mates there but my body just isn't up to it anymore. There is a lot of good youth at Aberfeldie and it is in the best interest of the club to start bleeding these blokes. The reasons I have gone to tulla is to play with one of my best mates Tom Delaney, also to help out with coaching as I wasn't ready to retire or play reserves just yet. I will be back at Abers when I'm ready to play reserves because that is my home. I wish Abers all the best for 2014 and hope we can go one better. I'm looking forward to next year at tullamarine and playing under coach Ash Manning.

Yes Mango, it was clear that you were past it from your performances last year and that the club would not pay you to play next season. It is understood that YOU are not ready to play reserves just yet but that is being very selfish which seems to be a common theme with you. To do the right thing would be to stay at Abers, help the developement of these "good youth" and contribute to the club without the expectation of them lining your pockets.
It is your choice to leave and cash in at B Grade level, get overpaid without having to put in the effort.
You say you will be back at Abers because that's your home? Funny way to treat your own home, obviously you put your own interests before the Club. Abers don't need or want your shallow best wishes!
In saying that you are a ripping bloke, fun to be around, a great personality around the club, but you can't shit in the clubs face by leaving after being told you are taking a huge pay cut and expect everyone to be alright about it. You show ZERO loyalty
Good Luck next year, I hope you enjoy Tullamarine

Airport West were the surprise packet last year and performed better than what most expected. They played well against Abers and Greenvale and smacked Avondale when it counted. Not far off having a serious tilt at flag but do need a bit of a top up. Possibly another tall forward and a tall back. Any news on the recruitment for 2014? Earlier posts said that the Eagles were going to sign some VFL players and "spend up" No news yet?
Kris Shore (formerly listed at North iirc) unsure of the other guys names.

The 4 Sunbury boys had been shopping themselves around as a package deal so that is probably correct mail. All quality players.

Sent from my C625b using Tapatalk
They'd be great signings for EDS. Cheep and Sleight would be well suited to the EDFL.

Yes Mango, it was clear that you were past it from your performances last year and that the club would not pay you to play next season. It is understood that YOU are not ready to play reserves just yet but that is being very selfish which seems to be a common theme with you. To do the right thing would be to stay at Abers, help the developement of these "good youth" and contribute to the club without the expectation of them lining your pockets.
It is your choice to leave and cash in at B Grade level, get overpaid without having to put in the effort.
You say you will be back at Abers because that's your home? Funny way to treat your own home, obviously you put your own interests before the Club. Abers don't need or want your shallow best wishes!
In saying that you are a ripping bloke, fun to be around, a great personality around the club, but you can't shit in the clubs face by leaving after being told you are taking a huge pay cut and expect everyone to be alright about it. You show ZERO loyalty
Good Luck next year, I hope you enjoy Tullamarine

That is comfortably in the top 3 dumbest things I have read on BF. A bloke has come to the realisation along with the coach that he is not quite up to A grade standard and leaves to play B Grade and you are throwing cheap shots at him FFS, why wouldn’t someone choose to play at the highest standard they are capable of and of course Mangin has a right to be paid to play at Tullamarine.

That is comfortably in the top 3 dumbest things I have read on BF. A bloke has come to the realisation along with the coach that he is not quite up to A grade standard and leaves to play B Grade and you are throwing cheap shots at him FFS, why wouldn’t someone choose to play at the highest standard they are capable of and of course Mangin has a right to be paid to play at Tullamarine.
Not taking sides here and not referring to this case, but a player who has played at the top level for his club and been paid along the way and done well out of it, should stay at their club and put something back. Some players who can see that they may not be an automatic selection in the ones and could be "dropped' to reserves consider 2 things.
1. I don't get paid in reserves.
2. I don't want to get dropped to reserves as I'm above that.
I agree with bank from50's belief that players should stay at THEIR club and put something back but don't agree with smacking someone on BIGFOOTY

The bloke in question has only been back at Abers for a year or two, it's not as though he's been a life long Abers player, that he's moving on hardly comes as a shock.
That said, surely it isn't a big deal if a guy wants to drop back a grade for less $$$ to play with a mate.
It's also all well and good for people who aren't involved to suggest that he gives up the money but I'm not sure many people would be happy if they were in that situation.

Don't know the player being discussed but without knowing individual circumstances it's pretty rough potting blokes on forums like this. Maybe he just wants to play at the highest level he can for as long as he can. Maybe the cash is going toward a house or supplementing a young family's income. Maybe it's just punting money. Maybe he doesn't like the coach. Maybe a bloke's loaded so doesn't need extra coin and is happy to play for less at a club he likes. Perhaps it's a combination of these or other reasons. Everyone has different reasons for doing what they do in life and footy. How many on here would seriously knock back what could be anywhere from 3-30k, depending on ability, at a relatively young age out of loyalty to their employer?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back