EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Puff,

The thirds comp is really a waste of time IMO. Yes clubs that have a side make some extra cash, but wasn't some games cancelled or in some cases abandoned at half time because players didn't want to keep going. I'm not referring to anything untoward just they didn't feel like chasing opposition players any longer.

Pacco running along alright at the moment. They are hoping to improve again and should be up there challenging. A recent article is up on the newspaper web site.

Read the article on Deer Park poaching junior talent with $$ incentives. Very sad footy is going this way. Not a good situation and it will get messy. Bet it happens in the EDFL in a few years and it will create some hostility between clubs. I hope it doesn't but I'm guessing the AFL vic don't do anything about it. Not enough thought put into this points system.

I remember probaly about 5 years ago when I was involved down at cragieburn a couple of our best jnrs around 16 years old and also heard they went to a lot of other clubs as well, the kids were invited to a coaching clinic for elite jnr local footballers, I think APW was the club running it and kids were offered gws memberships and I pads to cross over to them! So it might have already started years ago! Lol

I think you will find most of the pressure comes from the TAC youth side coaches who encourage kids to play at A grade clubs to help there development.

That unfortunately is a fair request from TAC or VFL clubs. Players on the fringe need to compete against the best. But it's more for fringe players going back and forth..
So the challenge is for clubs to get to premier division. Yes it's difficult but if you have a good junior program that MUST be your aim. Hillside are one club with juniors competing with the best so now it's got to be the objective to get there seniors up to premier level ASAP. Then a club like Keilor will have a club close by challenging them for players, just like some other clubs..

Turbs,
You are aware "certain clubs" are making massive changes for the better. You may be surprised as to the extent of those changes. Somehow though, perhaps a number of people may not really appreciate or want to appreciate those changes but still live in the past harbouring bad feelings/memories (as you say) from past injustices and bad behaviour. I am sure you aren't one of those people Turbs, you look to the present and future, not to the good ol/bad ol days.... :)
What do you think about those changes Turbs that "certain clubs" are making. Good, bad, indifferent?

Hey Joey,
First of all I love your passion for your club.
Second I wasn't referring to any specific incident but some clubs think having a tough reputation is good for the club. Well it's not.. Footy is changing!!! Being tough doesn't win you premierships.

It's great some clubs are implementing immediate changes and I commend them. However it takes years to build the respect back and sometimes it can never be changed in people's eyes. Some junior players from say 10 years ago wouldnt go to certain clubs no matter what $$ are offered as they remember the bad times. I know this for a fact..

Good luck.

Whether it's Doutta's, Abers, Hillside and others poaching talented players as young as 14 or 15 from smaller clubs with promises of "better development" or $$$ or whatever it's something that happens already and is a disgrace, just another blight on "local community footy" fueled by middle aged wanna be's who were never good enough when they played trying to get some footy glory in the hope they can get a mounted sherrin signed by 22 x 15/16yo on their mantle piece at home. These same squibs have no idea of "club loyalty" and will desert a club without hesitation if things don't go their own selfish way

Slanderous post! Why Big Footy is joke most of the time!

Poaching kids for $$$ - not Abers champ and I doubt a club like Douttas would either!

For what it's worth how about some analysis on EDFL juniors currently on TAC Cup, VFL or AFL lists. There's a good mix of young talent across all three divisions in this year's Cannons squad for example.

These days if players are good enough they'll get noticed irrespective of who they play for.

Poaching kids for $$$ - not Abers champ and I doubt a club like Douttas would either!

For what it's worth how about some analysis on EDFL juniors currently on TAC Cup, VFL or AFL lists. There's a good mix of young talent across all three divisions in this year's Cannons squad for example.

These days if players are good enough they'll get noticed irrespective of who they play for.

There are numerous examples from Abers and Doutta's, I won't name names as they are just kids, but the promise of "Better chance of making it as we have contacts", "Free Membership". A certain gun kid from Marby who was poached as a 13yo is only 1 example!!!!! 7 of Doutta's u/16 flag last year played u/14 at other clubs. Puff - you are from Abers, your opinion is extremely biased, how about your club keep your grubby hands off the best talent from Clubs playing lower divisions. But don't go throwing around "Slanderous Post" when the facts are plain to see.
Abers - Win 1 A Grade flag(because they paid $500k) - that doesn't erase 30 years of being a SOFT, WEAK club!

I agree with this statement.... But poaching does happen

But there is a perception that you must play div 1 juniors to get noticed... Which comes from all angles parents coaches etc

Maybe not for cash but Abers have got a history of poaching players. Marby are a perfect example of that.
Can't argue with facts, mate.

Maybe not for cash but Abers have got a history of poaching players. Marby are a perfect example of that.
Can't argue with facts, mate.

So we're out on the streets of the MVCC municipality actively recruiting "junior" players from other clubs - spare me! What a bag of BS!!

What do you mean Marbi are a perfect example of that? Do you mean when we sent/directed several kids to Marbi and even tried to establish a joint team with our excess numbers and their numbers one year? The answer to that was we should just delist our players and send to them to Marbi for memory.

We still direct excess kids to EK, Avondale Heights and Marbi too where possible.

There are numerous examples from Abers and Doutta's, I won't name names as they are just kids, but the promise of "Better chance of making it as we have contacts", "Free Membership". A certain gun kid from Marby who was poached as a 13yo is only 1 example!!!!! 7 of Doutta's u/16 flag last year played u/14 at other clubs. Puff - you are from Abers, your opinion is extremely biased, how about your club keep your grubby hands off the best talent from Clubs playing lower divisions. But don't go throwing around "Slanderous Post" when the facts are plain to see.
Abers - Win 1 A Grade flag(because they paid $500k) - that doesn't erase 30 years of being a SOFT, WEAK club!

Aargh Gee

How wrong you are on so many fronts with your post!! You don't have the facts - simple!

I'll say it again - we're not out there poaching kids from other clubs - FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sit in junior coaching meetings, I talk to our other junior coaches, committee, key decision makers etc. and it's never discussed, it hasn't been raised and isn't on anyone's radar - it's an incorrect statement (slanderous) directed at our footy club.

Talk about weak and soft - I'm not the coward trying to throw crap hiding behind a keyboard under another one of your aliases!

So we're out on the streets of the MVCC municipality actively recruiting "junior" players from other clubs - spare me! What a bag of BS!!

What do you mean Marbi are a perfect example of that? Do you mean when we sent/directed several kids to Marbi and even tried to establish a joint team with our excess numbers and their numbers one year? The answer to that was we should just delist our players and send to them to Marbi for memory.

We still direct excess kids to EK, Avondale Heights and Marbi too where possible.

So you offer players that can't get a game at Abers while trying to persuade the top players from the same club to join Abers ?
Genuine angels you lot are.

This very off season, a young bloke called Baker was spoken to by Abers trying to convince him to leave Marby and go to Abers. Told him it would be better going in to his Tac Cup years if he played in a more successful team.
This actually happened. You're less in the know at Abers than you think or you're talking shit. Which is it ?

Aargh Gee

How wrong you are on so many fronts with your post!! You don't have the facts - simple!

I'll say it again - we're not out there poaching kids from other clubs - FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sit in junior coaching meetings, I talk to our other junior coaches, committee, key decision makers etc. and it's never discussed, it hasn't been raised and isn't on anyone's radar - it's an incorrect statement (slanderous) directed at our footy club.

Talk about weak and soft - I'm not the coward trying to throw crap hiding behind a keyboard under another one of your aliases!

Aberfeldie have a super strong junior program and like most strong junior programs is growth areas they have more kids wanting to play there than they can accommodate = fact
Aberfeldie regularly take good kids from "lower division clubs" or under performing other higher division clubs
- Jack Bytel ex Marby
- Mitchell Podhajski ex Greenvale
- Jack Evans ex Strathmore
All of these boys played in the under 16 div1 prelim this year and were all recruited from other junior clubs (just sharing specific examples)

Aberfeldie also like some other clubs with excess numbers have been supportive in loaning out kids to give them a game and ensure clubs that are short get a game.

Here is my Friday banter for the big footy readers....Coukd help but post this as I just heard about it...

Blockbuster on tonight under lights at Jacana.
Jacana reserves v Keilor 3rds.
Get there early and it will be a sell out. Friday night and 36degs. The Beer sales will be high. Hope they don't switch the lights of during the last quarter..

*Great way to keep juniors, just out of 18s and not getting a game in the reserves, still playing footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aberfeldie have a super strong junior program and like most strong junior programs is growth areas they have more kids wanting to play there than they can accommodate = fact
Aberfeldie regularly take good kids from "lower division clubs" or under performing other higher division clubs
- Jack Bytel ex Marby
- Mitchell Podhajski ex Greenvale
- Jack Evans ex Strathmore
All of these boys played in the under 16 div1 prelim this year and were all recruited from other junior clubs (just sharing specific examples)

Aberfeldie also like some other clubs with excess numbers have been supportive in loaning out kids to give them a game and ensure clubs that are short get a game.

I think it's great that clubs like Abers let some kids fill spots at other clubs. As it helps those clubs field sides each week.
I just can't cop being told Abers don't poach players when it's known to happen.

If it were club sanctioned to proactively go out and steal other clubs players then that is a blight and I'd be embarrassed to be a supporter. But I dare say puff would know if that were happening on behalf of the club. If it is individuals trying to get their mates across then it still shouldn't happen but no doubt does with all clubs, some more than others.

Here is a 1 off opportunity for big footy readers only.

I know a few of you are trying hard to find out who the Turbo is. Well his your chance!

I'm offering a Turbo Supporters package to the first 10 people to register and pay there money.
The package costs $75O and includes:
- Free entry to all Pacco 9 home games.
- Access into a private marquee, (just next to the opposition coaching box)
- Free beer, wine, soft drinks and unlimited supply of Sth Melb dim sims for the length of the senior game (siren to siren)
- Turbo will host/entertain the party gathering.
- A Pacco polo top & stubby holder.
- Free shots of tequila during the game against Abers.
- At Half time of every game I will show a video of my footballing highlights. A countdown from 9>1. "Well I think I only had 9 career highlights" Lol.
- Go into the draw to have a 5 min sparring session with Turbo during the pre game entertainment, at the home game vs Abers.

Get in quick as these will sell fast..

Go online to www.haveasipwithturbo.com

All profits raised will go towards the medical bill for my sparring opponent.

Hahaha..

I know a few of you are trying hard to find out who the Turbo is. Well his your chance!

I'm offering a Turbo Supporters package to the first 10 people to register and pay there money.
- Free beer, wine, soft drinks and unlimited supply of Sth Melb dim sims for the length of the senior game (siren to siren)
- At Half time of every game I will show a video of my footballing highlights. A countdown from 9>1. "Well I think I only had 9 career highlights" Lol.
- Go into the draw to have a 5 min sparring session with Turbo during the pre game entertainment, at the home game vs Abers.

Hahaha..
Drunk? :drunk:

Hahaha..

You've issues pal.

We know who you are? You know that.

Do we care?? No.

Your obsession with us is concerning though.

You've issues pal.

We know who you are? You know that.

Do we care?? No.

Your obsession with us is concerning though.

BlueJet, actually I was sober mate. Been a bit crook lately.. Just a bit of fun!! I'm no longer posting after a session of frothies. Lol

Cmon Puff, I didn't say anything untoward about your club on this post, nor did I jump onto the recent conversations regarding your club and juniors. Although it was tempting!
And for the record I will say this again, I only have 1 BF account in case your were referring to me.
Ive moved on and trying to provide good footy conversation but I do throw in the odd Friday "banter". Cmon I'm sure you had a slight laugh and was going to join up!!

Oh well it's Practice match time. Where you boys heading today???

Hahaha..
Good on you for providing some fun on this thread Turbo Lol all the best with collecting the 750!

Good on you for providing some fun on this thread Turbo Lol all the best with collecting the 750!

Cheers Outbackhack. I will take instalments.. Lol. I think you don't need to join, as I have a sneaky suspicion you know my identity.

I've booked in Bruce Buffer the legendary ring announcer for the bout. Cost me a bit to fly him over from the US, so need to cover some costs. Might try and get some pay tv deals and telecast it.. Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back