EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive call putting an under 16 coach in as senior coach, Especially with players with higher level experience on the list. Could lead to more disharmony.

I can see this ending very badly for strathmore

I assume however that May must be a quality role model on and off the track, i wish him well

Dont Rate May Much!!
When we played them he was dirty in the packs throwing cheap shots!
Bring back Hille !!

Dont Rate May Much!!
When we played them he was dirty in the packs throwing cheap shots!
Bring back Hille !!
Crap! May is a 3 time top grade premiership player, former EDFL best and fairest winner and Strathmore captain. He has had a very successful EDFL career by any rational measuring stick.

Wouldn't be too hard to name a few Marby players who also weren't averse to throwing cheap shots in and out of packs over the years either.

Last edited:
Crap! May is a 3 time top grade premiership player, former EDFL best and fairest winner and Strathmore captain.

Wouldn't be too hard to name a few Marby players who also weren't averse to throwing cheap shots in and out of packs over the years either.

Completely agree! Dale May is the most fitting person moving forward for the club given the circumstances that have transpired at Lebanon Oval this week.

If his attitude towards the club and the way he goes about his football reflects on his playing group then all need to be on notice.

The mail coming out from Tuesday nights meeting is the group is unified and banded by the events and destined to ensure the decision to appoint May was correct one for the club moving forward beyond just this year.

May has some good people around him and support mechanisms in place, not to mention a fairly good football resume himself, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Last edited:

Crap! May is a 3 time top grade premiership player, former EDFL best and fairest winner and Strathmore captain.

Hey Stax, can I ask was May an assistant playing coach? Also who were the assistant coaches up to now and are they staying on? It's unusual in today's footy that a captain takes over as it's normally an assistant coach or the reserves coach (if the reserves coach is qualified) stepping in. But I guess the club knows what's best to take them forward.

On Clinnick I reckon he will pop up somewhere next season.

Agree, people use to pot Pillios but he was great. Very professional and knowledgeable, the league should look at him to overlook the media department.

How about asking Clinnick if he might be interested in working for the league?? Look I'm also available and not biased so maybe if they contact me with a good offer I might think about it..

Hey Stax, can I ask was May an assistant playing coach? Also who were the assistant coaches up to now and are they staying on? It's unusual in today's footy that a captain takes over as it's normally an assistant coach or the reserves coach (if the reserves coach is qualified) stepping in. But I guess the club knows what's best to take them forward.

On Clinnick I reckon he will pop up somewhere next season.
On my way home from South America Turbo. Star or innovativefwd would be better qualified to answer your queries.

Last edited:
How about asking Clinnick if he might be interested in working for the league?? Look I'm also available and not biased so maybe if they contact me with a good offer I might think about it..
Surely he'd be too busy with work!!!!!

Stop sugar coating it everyone , he got the ar*e from the Mores because of their poor on field performance after all the $$$'s they forked out on recruits with expectations of challenging for a flag. More's Executive rubbed their hands together with glee after Craig played up at a junior match giving them more than enough ammunition to exit him from the senior position.

Bang Bang Bang

On my way home from South America Turbo. Star or innovativefwd would be better qualified to answer your queries.

I'm far from qualified, I just work with one of the boys and am a mutual supporter between a few clubs these days mate with the young ones having a run around. I did however watch their last game against Abers so that I can comment on.

I'm far from qualified, I just work with one of the boys and am a mutual supporter between a few clubs these days mate with the young ones having a run around. I did however watch their last game against Abers so that I can comment on.

do u feel his meltdown abusing umpires and opposition players had any bearing on the club's decision?

Back onto the subject of West Coburg & Shore Reserve. Here's a thought! I reckon the vacant land beside Coburgs City Oval would be ideal to put another footy oval. Perfect location..They could give the ground to West Coburg and let Coburg train on it some nights. Bit like Casey where there are 2 ovals. Then just use Shore Res for junior footy 10-14s. The other problem with Shore Reserve is the away rooms. The "open" toilets & showers are not up to standard. Any thoughts BF followers!!

Do you know how valuable land is in Coburg these days... Not a chance they do this when they can chuck a few hundred apartments on it.

Called Bill Shorten but he said isn't that Phil Clearlys old club? Lol

Just trying to generate some fair discussion. I'm guessing I'm banging my head against a brick wall as they will probably decide to build houses there, but if there's enough space it's the perfect location for an ajoining oval.

WC should have moved to De Chene when they had the chance a few years back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do u feel his meltdown abusing umpires and opposition players had any bearing on the club's decision?

From what I am hearing both the Saturday & Sunday's games indirectly had repercussions afterwards which may have led to his decision rather than the clubs.

In my opinion for what it's worth I think its been reported correctly its work related with added stress and pressures.

He's a good coach and has the trophies to prove his success, so no pot shots should be handed out I would have thought.

From what I am hearing both the Saturday & Sunday's games indirectly had repercussions afterwards which may have led to his decision rather than the clubs.

In my opinion for what it's worth I think its been reported correctly its work related with added stress and pressures.

He's a good coach and has the trophies to prove his success, so no pot shots should be handed out I would have thought.

Cheers mate.
Agree his record is pretty good. His a very good communicator but has coached some good sides though. It would be interesting to ask Clinkers what his best win was. I'm sure the Strathmore premiership would be high up there, as they were underdogs..

what makes him a good coach?? Look at the teams his been senior coach at... Marby 2011-2012 underachieved & Strathmore 2014-2016. Won a flag in 14 but with the team he had 15 & 16 I feel his under achieved. Only 1 grand final appearance with the caliber of teams his had at his disposal I'd say his a good coach at best.

what makes him a good coach?? Look at the teams his been senior coach at... Marby 2011-2012 underachieved & Strathmore 2014-2016. Won a flag in 14 but with the team he had 15 & 16 I feel his under achieved. Only 1 grand final appearance with the caliber of teams his had at his disposal I'd say his a good coach at best.

Mick McGuane is renowned as an excellent coach but has one premiership at his time at Keilor? Is premierships the only measure of what makes a good coach?

Agree to disagree I guess

Yeah but mcguane also won premierships at Balwyn and gisborne. Plus his budget was half that of clinnicks over the years

Didn't win one at Balwyn in 2007 and his first year at Keilor was 2008 however they did play finals in their inaugural year. I do agree budgets have aided some coaches and may have given some false impressions over the year but I still think Clinnick is a good

Micks definitely in my top 5 however

Spoke with a Strathmore players who say he is a step above anyone else they have had and even when he played WAFL. The players rated him super highly for the way he analyses the game.. This was over 12 months ago so perhaps things have changed.

Surely he'd be too busy with work!!!!!

Stop sugar coating it everyone , he got the ar*e from the Mores because of their poor on field performance after all the $$$'s they forked out on recruits with expectations of challenging for a flag. More's Executive rubbed their hands together with glee after Craig played up at a junior match giving them more than enough ammunition to exit him from the senior position.

Bang Bang Bang

That's a terrible and defamatory post.

1. Clinnick resigned due to a required increased commitment to his day job. The one that puts food on the table.

2. Played up at a junior match? He was 100m away from the incident that saw a few U14s sanctioned for verbalising an umpire.

Unfortunately the facts aren't as glamorous as a conspiracy theory but they're facts nonetheless!

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back