EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The 3 quarter time incident was an all in brawl (started by a greenvale player laying a heavy sling tackle after the siren had sounded I might add) there was at least 6-8 players from BOTH teams throwing punches!!! The Keilor player who landed "the king hit behind play" was sent off and reported by the umpires, he was given a 2 week ban at the tribunal so I dare say had it of been such a blatant King hit as you say the punishment would have been a lot more severe!!!!
Wasn't behind play, crowd were on the ground due to it being 3 quarter time but other than the odd few gobbing off no one from the crowd got involved physically
But hey lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story

I would like to know what supporters are doing on the ground if there is a blue going on at 3qrt time. Someone needs to be man enough to say get back and wait till all the commotion is over. Let the players sort it out. The ground also has a fence so obviously some heros I dare say.

A similar happened a few years back at Keilor v Marby (2013 I think) where Keilor supporters were on the ground and mouthing off after a win. It was close to going off.
What's happening up at Keilor? Who's controlling all this unruly behavoir.

The 3 quarter time incident was an all in brawl (started by a greenvale player laying a heavy sling tackle after the siren had sounded I might add) there was at least 6-8 players from BOTH teams throwing punches!!! The Keilor player who landed "the king hit behind play" was sent off and reported by the umpires, he was given a 2 week ban at the tribunal so I dare say had it of been such a blatant King hit as you say the punishment would have been a lot more severe!!!!
Wasn't behind play, crowd were on the ground due to it being 3 quarter time but other than the odd few gobbing off no one from the crowd got involved physically
Indeed. :rolleyes:

I Understand where you are coming from, I would be in the position your placing yourself in, if it was my club also, unfortunately your story supports your bias view. I'm a mutual spectator sharing my expression from my view.

Was it a king-hit or not a king-hit?

(To save yourself the time, the definition is provide...
King Hit
A term widely used in Australia. A very hard punch, usually delivered to the head, that is completely unexpected. Most often results in knock outs or knock downs. Viewed upon by most as an act of cowardice. Similar in meaning to sucker punch. )

As highlighted, "two home games, two opposition players sent home in ambulance, two king-hits..." Is this a false statement?

Very Fortunate to be let off with 2 weeks, as a tackle is part of the game, although slinging is not, it does appear times from all levels.

Are you saying that a guy being knocked out and sent into to hospital and missing out the following week, is a reasonable result of a slightly missed timed tackle?

Most may agree that 2 weeks is being let off quite easily to anyone who saw what had happened there.

Two weeks to most doesn't seem like a fair/reasonable dismissal of the dispute considering he had Sent a guy to hospital, ensuring that he cant play the following week due to concussion.

I would like to know what supporters are doing on the ground if there is a blue going on at 3qrt time. Someone needs to be man enough to say get back and wait till all the commotion is over. Let the players sort it out. The ground also has a fence so obviously some heros I dare say.

A similar happened a few years back at Keilor v Marby (2013 I think) where Keilor supporters were on the ground and mouthing off after a win. It was close to going off.
What's happening up at Keilor? Who's controlling all this unruly behavoir.
The supporters were making there way to the respective huddles, the 1s players were making there way out to warm up as per normal and no one got close to the fight unfolding! Players sorted it out, Keilor player red carded and the last quarter showed zero signs of it flaring up again very well umpired! Let's be honest here if the whole event unfolded the way Birdseye is making it out I'm sure it would have got a mention on here earlier than now!
Keilor supporters mouthing off in 2013 has relevance to this topic how? Clutching at straws if you have to reference an incident from 3 years ago to show how unruly and out of control Keilor supposedly are

good to see Keillor enjoy boxing in all grades, witnessed it midway through the 3rd quarter and then an all in at the end of the game against marby 3rds on Saturday.....

I Understand where you are coming from, I would be in the position your placing yourself in, if it was my club also, unfortunately your story supports your bias view. I'm a mutual spectator sharing my expression from my view.

King Hit
A term widely used in Australia. A very hard punch, usually delivered to the head, that is completely unexpected. Most often results in knock outs or knock downs. Viewed upon by most as an act of cowardice. Similar in meaning to sucker punch. )

As highlighted, "two home games, two opposition players sent home in ambulance, two king-hits..." Is this a false statement?

Very Fortunate to be let off with 2 weeks, as a tackle is part of the game, although slinging is not, it does appear times from all levels.

Are you saying that a guy being knocked out and sent into to hospital and missing out the following week, is a reasonable result of a slightly missed timed tackle?

Most may agree that 2 weeks is being let off quite easily to anyone who saw what had happened there.

Two weeks to most doesn't seem like a fair/reasonable dismissal of the dispute considering he had Sent a guy to hospital, ensuring that he cant play the following week due to concussion.
Let me get this right , a Keilor player punches a bloke in the head and knocks him out. Injured to the point where he requires an ambulance. Keilor player gets reported and receives a 2 week penalty. PascoeVale player bumps heads with a keilor player who dosen't suffer any injury what so ever and plays on unimpeded and PV player gets 4 weeks. Go figure.

Let me get this right , a Keilor player punches a bloke in the head and knocks him out. Injured to the point where he requires an ambulance. Keilor player gets reported and receives a 2 week penalty. PascoeVale player bumps heads with a keilor player who dosen't suffer any injury what so ever and plays on unimpeded and PV player gets 4 weeks. Go figure.

protected species of course...

good to see Keillor enjoy boxing in all grades, witnessed it midway through the 3rd quarter and then an all in at the end of the game against marby 3rds on Saturday.....

Heard it was a good one to. Apparently started by a Keilor player however I hear he won't do something like that again. Picked the wrong person I hear. Lol

I see that there was an Abers player reporter on Saturday. So the yellow carded should have stood and Abers player with an extra player for 10 minutes. Bruce Kent should ask the edfl and the umpires why the umpires wouldn't allow the head count and why was the yellow carded player allow back on before spending 15 mins off.
From what I'm hearing Abers should have had there score wiped from the time Greenvale ask for the head count. that might have helped Greenvale win the game and change there bid to play finals

End result would've still been probably 4 to 6 goals.

Move on!

I see that there was an Abers player reporter on Saturday. So the yellow carded should have stood and Abers player with an extra player for 10 minutes. Bruce Kent should ask the edfl and the umpires why the umpires wouldn't allow the head count and why was the yellow carded player allow back on before spending 15 mins off.
From what I'm hearing Abers should have had there score wiped from the time Greenvale ask for the head count. that might have helped Greenvale win the game and change there bid to play finals
Greenvale should focus on doing what it can to make finals rather than kicking up a stink over an ump having a brainfart.
Excuses get you nowhere. .

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Hit

Listen Birdseye. best to call it a coward's punch! The title of a King hit, gives the act too much machismo. (Which it certainly does not deserve)

The title I mean, without my reference to any specific incident.

Why's Turbo been suspended
All were warned about naming names and numbers and turbo has carried his ongoing sooking about keilor from the headbutt report to continue his ongoing vendetta. Build a bridge turbo, again you lose credibilty.
Does anybody know where this "investigation" is at, will there be a result before this weekends games

All were warned about naming names and numbers and turbo has carried his ongoing sooking about keilor from the headbutt report to continue his ongoing vendetta. Build a bridge turbo, again you lose credibilty.
Does anybody know where this "investigation" is at, will there be a result before this weekends games

Jeepers mate, you seem to know a lot more about Turb's suspension than the rest of the Big Footy followers. Do you you know this for a fact or is it simply your own subjective diatribe?

Pretty sure you sit in the 'cheap' seats at the footy.

Jeepers mate, you seem to know a lot more about Turb's suspension than the rest of the Big Footy followers. Do you you know this for a fact or is it simply your own subjective diatribe?

He's right. Warnings have been issued, but some choose to post smart arse comments instead or to just simply ignore them.

no maybe i do read and take in what is said here and sort out BS from the facts. Watch us much footy as i can,

interested in your ratings of gvfl to edfl, if you have seen much edfl

There were people conducting the investigation at EDS on Tuesday spoke with a number of people including clarkeys brother who I believe saw the incident. I have no idea what's happening on keilors end but if something isn't done by Saturday I guess the player in question plays as if nothing happened. Right or wrong investigations like this take time unless the person owns up to it and takes the blame.

I hope he is playing on Saturday, a few of us are keen to see him "Play"

Greenvale should focus on doing what it can to make finals rather than kicking up a stink over an ump having a brainfart.
Excuses get you nowhere. .

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
Can you see Greenvale making finals this year? need to win the next 2

Great Point !!!
Keilor Football Club get very well looked after by the Umpires and League, have been for years!!

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back