EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Star, Firrito is the other Roo if he decides to retire or get delisted. Will be very handy no doubt.

I wonder what role former North Melbourne Great Shannon Grant will have to say about North boys joining other clubs other than Greenvale.

How closely are the Greenvale Kangaroos Cricket Club linked with the Greenvale football club? do you think that will have any bearing on former North Players? Their facilities seem to becoming along nicely. I am a North Nuffie. It's good to see a few of them come back into the EDFL.

How closely are the Greenvale Kangaroos Cricket Club linked with the Greenvale football club? do you think that will have any bearing on former North Players? Their facilities seem to becoming along nicely. I am a North Nuffie. It's good to see a few of them come back into the EDFL.
They're both under the Greenvale Sports Club umbrella.
I doubt it'd have any real bearing on the players, unless they have some sort of connection to Grant.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

They're both under the Greenvale Sports Club umbrella.
I doubt it'd have any real bearing on the players, unless they have some sort of connection to Grant.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Yep and I'm still of the belief that North will have there own reserves team and play out of Greenvale. North want to move that way (as per the Collingwoods, Essendons etc) however they are partly funded by the AFL so it's not going to be easy. An example is the Bulldogs as they had to get there finances in order before they could entertain there own reserves team.

Or Pacco.

Hey Stax,
Its a package of 3 players I hear, so Pacco already have enough experienced players and couldn't afford them. Plus need to consider the points they will carry. Pacco will be injecting some youth onto there list in the coming years and building a platform to sustain a successful team. They have set a good base.

Yep and I'm still of the belief that North will have there own reserves team and play out of Greenvale. North want to move that way (as per the Collingwoods, Essendons etc) however they are partly funded by the AFL so it's not going to be easy. An example is the Bulldogs as they had to get there finances in order before they could entertain there own reserves team.

Do you have any real evidence on this or is it speculation and you trying to stimulate some conversation?

Granted that North do want their own VFL team but why would they move out to Section Rd? It makes no sense!

The Bulldogs reserves are based out of the Whitten Oval - they didn't pick up and move to a WRFL location on a whim.

For memory the North Melbourne district cricket team had little to no affiliation with the AFL team when based at Arden St. so I'd assume that relationship is even further apart than it once might of been aside from a 300 game player now the head coach of the football club. It's a Greenvale team.

Perhaps North will setup base camp for their VFL team at Flemington's ground opposite the Flemington racecourse because Shannon Grant played his junior footy there and it's closer to North Melbourne.

Or is there a chance the Essendon reserves will now play at Buckley Park because of Dean Wallis, Barnard, Barnes and they changed their name to Essendon Doutta Stars?

Hey Stax,
Its a package of 3 players I hear, so Pacco already have enough experienced players and couldn't afford them. Plus need to consider the points they will carry. Pacco will be injecting some youth onto there list in the coming years and building a platform to sustain a successful team. They have set a good base.

How will that work Turbo? Is it youth from your current junior program and recruiting more from the local area or are you talking TAC Cup and VFL development players from other clubs?

Pacco have good representation across all four junior grades and one and half teams at U18.5 level - would you say they're in a good spot?

Do you have any real evidence on this or is it speculation and you trying to stimulate some conversation?

Granted that North do want their own VFL team but why would they move out to Section Rd? It makes no sense!

The Bulldogs reserves are based out of the Whitten Oval - they didn't pick up and move to a WRFL location on a whim.

For memory the North Melbourne district cricket team had little to no affiliation with the AFL team when based at Arden St. so I'd assume that relationship is even further apart than it once might of been aside from a 300 game player now the head coach of the football club. It's a Greenvale team.

Perhaps North will setup base camp for their VFL team at Flemington's ground opposite the Flemington racecourse because Shannon Grant played his junior footy there and it's closer to North Melbourne.

Or is there a chance the Essendon reserves will now play at Buckley Park because of Dean Wallis, Barnard, Barnes and they changed their name to Essendon Doutta Stars?

PuffPuff, you will find that all AFL clubs want there own reserves side, so it's going to happen. Nth Melb are aligning fully with Werribee next year, instead of the current set up of splitting players between Werribee & Nth Ballarat.
The set up at Arden Street is inadequate for football games and there is no possibility of spending money to do it up and fence it. It's now a "community" oval. The Bulldogs ground also needed some work, which took time ( over 12mths) but it was in better state than Arden Street.
So to answer your question yes they will go stand alone in 2017 or 2018 but I'm taking a guess on they will settle at Greenvale but it makes sense financially.

- I think you joking on that Flemington juniors ground as its to small.
- Regarding cricket there is the Nth Melb/Greenvale teams but there is also a seperate Greenvale still in the VTCA.
- The Showgrounds could be a great option agreed, but will take a lot of $$ to get it to standard.

Have you forgot that Essendon nearly relocated to Keilor Park. They were considering settling there, due to the amount of landscape (ovals) and building there facility, but decided to start from scratch. It's was down to these 2 locations.

PuffPuff, you will find that all AFL clubs want there own reserves side, so it's going to happen. Nth Melb are aligning fully with Werribee next year, instead of the current set up of splitting players between Werribee & Nth Ballarat.
The set up at Arden Street is inadequate for football games and there is no possibility of spending money to do it up and fence it. It's now a "community" oval. The Bulldogs ground also needed some work, which took time ( over 12mths) but it was in better state than Arden Street.
So to answer your question yes they will go stand alone in 2017 or 2018 but I'm taking a guess on they will settle at Greenvale but it makes sense financially.

- Regarding cricket there is the Nth Melb/Greenvale teams but there is also a seperate Greenvale still in the VTCA.
- The Showgrounds could be a great option agreed, but will take a lot of $$ to get it to standard.

Have you forgot that Essendon nearly relocated to Keilor Park. They were considering settling there, due to the amount of landscape (ovals) and building there facility, but decided to start from scratch. It's was down to these 2 locations.
North will most likely be fielding their own stand alone VFL side in future but I can't really see any possible tie in with Greenvale footy club.

How will that work Turbo? Is it youth from your current junior program and recruiting more from the local area or are you talking TAC Cup and VFL development players from other clubs?

Pacco have good representation across all four junior grades and one and half teams at U18.5 level - would you say they're in a good spot?

I know your trying to get information, but a few clubs will be limited in what they can recruit going forward due to the points system. There is no chance a Pacco or Abers could fit in 2-3 ex AFL players without players moving on. My sources tell me you will be allowed some lead way for a few years, but must get down to the points number for your league over time.

Hoping to promote from within the juniors but your always open to what's available to improve your club!! I suppose Pacco are looking for specific players to improve there list as per all clubs. Players from TAC or VFL development will be looked at but you do need to be careful as to who is suitable for your club, as well as are they capable..No point recruiting a player if you have a similar player coming up through your 18s.

I can't see that development level being around in the coming years as there is already only 8-9 teams and a couple of them are really ordinary. Yes it's a good pathway in some way but they might align it with the TAC and make it under 21s but that's just my opinion.

As you know, I'm against clubs poaching young players out of 18s from opposition clubs (within the same division) as long as they have played all there juniors at one club so they are truely homegrown. Clubs need to be respectful of one another.
But if a young kid has been at a club for say 2 years and playing reserves, but clearly has talent but not getting a game due to an abundance of similar players with "more" talent playing seniors, then surely they should look around for other opportunities. To me that's only fair to both club & player.
That's only my opinion, but it's fair to say it's being honest and upfront. You all think the same!!

I'm speaking on behalf of myself, as hold NO Official position with any club..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North will most likely be fielding their own stand alone VFL side in future but I can't really see any possible tie in with Greenvale footy club.

Hey BlueJet,
No they won't be aligning with Nth Melb from next year so not going to Greenvale. You will find Nth Ballarat are currently considering there options and it's possible this might be there last year in the VFL and they will align with there sister club Nth Ballarat City. There is a slim possibility they might stay on for another year if they can afford to go stand alone and compete. They are struggling a bit this year, as it depends on who they get back from Nth Melb. Interesting times ahead for Nth Ballarat...

Hey BlueJet,
No they won't be aligning with Nth Melb from next year so not going to Greenvale. You will find Nth Ballarat are currently considering there options and it's possible this might be there last year in the VFL and they will align with there sister club Nth Ballarat City. There is a slim possibility they might stay on for another year if they can afford to go stand alone and compete. They are struggling a bit this year, as it depends on who they get back from Nth Melb. Interesting times ahead for Nth Ballarat...

Oh sorry mate you meant Nth Melb yeah..

Hey BlueJet,
I'm well aware of what's going on with North Ballarat City. ;)
However, money isn't an issue for North Ballarat Sporting club as it's one of the more profitable in the state. (see the bitching in the BFL thread for confirmation of this)
We were discussing Greenvale footy club and the possibility of North Melbourne ressies moving out there.

Drive past both grounds daily written oval and Arden st ,Arden st surface has just been done up and afl play u18 and u/16 state games there as well as interstate sides train on it .Pretty sure if nth have a stand alone in 2017 there matches will be played at Arden st it's not hard to put up temp fencing for home games like what happens at windy hill

Drive past both grounds daily written oval and Arden st ,Arden st surface has just been done up and afl play u18 and u/16 state games there as well as interstate sides train on it .Pretty sure if nth have a stand alone in 2017 there matches will be played at Arden st it's not hard to put up temp fencing for home games like what happens at windy hill

There is no chance of them playing at Arden St I can assure you. It's not only fencing but coaches boxes, seating etc, etc. They don't have the $$ to find any changes as they are still being propped up by the AFL. But I do like the thought of playing at Arden St it's just not going to happen.

Anyway let's get back to the footy.

Who do you think would be leading the medal count at this point of the season??

Pretty sure if nth have a stand alone in 2017 there matches will be played at Arden st it's not hard to put up temp fencing for home games like what happens at windy hill

Compared to Vic Park Arden st doesn't have seating but it wouldn't be hard to create some sort of terrace.
It's walk in entry at no cost to Vic Park as most of the fencing has been pulled down so it is open to the residents in the area as a public park while still being a usable Football ground.

Compared to Vic Park Arden st doesn't have seating but it wouldn't be hard to create some sort of terrace.
It's walk in entry at no cost to Vic Park as most of the fencing has been pulled down so it is open to the residents in the area as a public park while still being a usable Football ground.

Yes mate your correct in the ground is not fenced but Collingwood have plenty of cash they can afford it. Whereas the Bulldogs always charge you and installed temporary fencing. Collingwood also spent a fair bit on the ground, change rooms etc.

Yes mate your correct in the ground is not fenced but Collingwood have plenty of cash they can afford it. Whereas the Bulldogs always charge you and installed temporary fencing. Collingwood also spent a fair bit on the ground, change rooms etc.

More than likely they'd stay at Arden St - change rooms are first class.

The Etihad Stadium turfies are responsible for the upkeep of the ground and club/government spent over a million a few years back to replicate the Arden St. ground in line with Etihad - size and surface.

On an EDFL note - shame to hear about Randello's knee injury Turbo - gun of the competition and will hurt Pacco's defensive run.

Actually Collingwood didn't spend much at all. It's pretty much classed as a heritage ground thanks to a few loyal supporters who eventually got the Club on board about Vic Park and the upgrades were paid for by Yarra council and the state government.

More than likely they'd stay at Arden St - change rooms are first class.

The Etihad Stadium turfies are responsible for the upkeep of the ground and club/government spent over a million a few years back to replicate the Arden St. ground in line with Etihad - size and surface.

On an EDFL note - shame to hear about Randello's knee injury Turbo - gun of the competition and will hurt Pacco's defensive run.

Not a defensive bone n Randello's body. Depth will get tested for Pascoe Vale.

Any more news on the ruck situation?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back