EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

North will most likely be fielding their own stand alone VFL side in future but I can't really see any possible tie in with Greenvale footy club.

any truth to the rumour that Greenvale applied for a VFL licence the other year but were knock back.

What the deal with with Highgate in Craigieburn and Richmond in the AFL? Can this happen at Greenvale and Nort Melbourne similair thing?.

any truth to the rumour that Greenvale applied for a VFL licence the other year but were knock back.

What the deal with with Highgate in Craigieburn and Richmond in the AFL? Can this happen at Greenvale and Nort Melbourne similair thing?.
No idea, I doubt it though.
There's also no reason for North Melbourne footy club to develop any interest or connection with Greenvale imo.

No idea, I doubt it though.
There's also no reason for North Melbourne footy club to develop any interest or connection with Greenvale imo.

Greenvale FC is probably more financial than North, that's an incentive.

Majak Daw seems like his days are numbered at AFL level and would think he would tear any local comp apart if a club was lucky enough to get his signature.

yeah sure will Majak chance Marbi next yr and the other Warren.
Ryan Crowley, Mitch Farmer for Craigieburn..
Chappy and Stevie J for Northern Saints coach deal with Caruso's mayb move on if they move on maybe
Col Sylvia talking to on premier/div 1 club chance..
Nat Grima, Firritu, McIntosh and Todda Grima for Mores with Garth maybe back to..
Big moves already for few teams

More than likely they'd stay at Arden St - change rooms are first class.

The Etihad Stadium turfies are responsible for the upkeep of the ground and club/government spent over a million a few years back to replicate the Arden St. ground in line with Etihad - size and surface.

On an EDFL note - shame to hear about Randello's knee injury Turbo - gun of the competition and will hurt Pacco's defensive run.

Puff, his a good player and a great bloke around the club. IMO his pretty hard at it but very fair. Really drives team passion. To my knowledge his also been very loyal to his clubs. Yes he did leave in 2014 but returned. It's a shame his suffered an injury that probably has ended his career and he should be commended for playing premier standard at his age.
I'm guessing he will help out in some capacity and hope he gets into coaching as his a passionate footballer.

I remember watching a game in late 2013 Pacco v Greenvale and the game was close, and his speech to the players (as captain) at 3/4 time was very passionate. Was great to listen to..

Not a defensive bone n Randello's body. Depth will get tested for Pascoe Vale.

Any more news on the ruck situation?

Yes he did start back this year and played pretty well, but seemed to be more a forward over recent weeks. Does zone off so maybe not as defensive as some. Strong in the air and will test Paccos depth agree. I'm thinking a player like Matt King could play a similar role but his currently at the cannons.

Umm I'm not giving out such information, but I believe Pacco were very competitive against Strathmore's "tandem" tall timber last week. Still have a few talls and just have to deal with it.

Couple of big injuries this year to key players, but the side is up for the challenge..

Actually Collingwood didn't spend much at all. It's pretty much classed as a heritage ground thanks to a few loyal supporters who eventually got the Club on board about Vic Park and the upgrades were paid for by Yarra council and the state government.

Yes mate the council did some of the small bench seating and some works as the ground is open to the public. State government threw in a bit, but Collingwood did put some good money in to get it up to standard for professional football. This ground is used by other teams at times mainly during pre season as no cricket wicket.

Cheers mate and we move on..

Puff, his a good player and a great bloke around the club. IMO his pretty hard at it but very fair. Really drives team passion. To my knowledge his also been very loyal to his clubs. Yes he did leave in 2014 but returned. It's a shame his suffered an injury that probably has ended his career and he should be commended for playing premier standard at his age.
I'm guessing he will help out in some capacity and hope he gets into coaching as his a passionate footballer.

I remember watching a game in late 2013 Pacco v Greenvale and the game was close, and his speech to the players (as captain) at 3/4 time was very passionate. Was great to listen to..

Yes he did start back this year and played pretty well, but seemed to be more a forward over recent weeks. Does zone off so maybe not as defensive as some. Strong in the air and will test Paccos depth agree. I'm thinking a player like Matt King could play a similar role but his currently at the cannons.

Umm I'm not giving out such information, but I believe Pacco were very competitive against Strathmore's "tandem" tall timber last week. Still have a few talls and just have to deal with it.

Couple of big injuries this year to key players, but the side is up for the challenge..
Can't believe your finishing Randello up. His only 31. Still have couple good years left in him

Can't believe your finishing Randello up. His only 31. Still have couple good years left in him

Good pick up.. He looks older, Lol. I might have to buy him a beer tomorrow night but then I will give my identity away. But if I win the raffle they will then work me out. Haha

Anyway on a serious note he Will be out for a while, so not sure of his plans as he has work commitments as well. Probably could play again but would it be in premier?? Anyway wish him all the best in his recovery..

Good pick up.. He looks older, Lol. I might have to buy him a beer tomorrow night but then I will give my identity away. But if I win the raffle they will then work me out. Haha

Anyway on a serious note he Will be out for a while, so not sure of his plans as he has work commitments as well. Probably could play again but would it be in premier?? Anyway wish him all the best in his recovery..

what the raffle price ol mate Turbs? coupla sangers in the meat tray? beer? dimmie voucher? money? cashola?
what do other clubs do for raffle on thursday?
share your idea?

this week Mores send shiver to comp with big win on Keilor and only game out then Avondale in 2 weeks the steam train is a churning..
after rnd 18 we could end game in front, we beat Abers and Keilo lose to West Coburg, huge finals.
Turbo then you and me have big bet on Paccow and Mores?

How come philpot has not been playing for marby park and where is John O'Brien gone I have not seen his name in the side for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come philpot has not been playing for marby park and where is John O'Brien gone I have not seen his name in the side for a while

Philpot has not played at Marby for a few years now, he is playing up bush somewhere, and O Brien must be injured, alot of injured players at Marby but the good news I am told some are coming back after the week off this week.

Go Marby.

Few Rumour's on the O&M thread that Patty Rose is being chased by Wangaratta Rovers for next season. Could he be on the move.. Have Avondale had there crack over 2014 & 15. Will they reduce there spending?? Interesting times ahead..
Having said this I'm still of the belief they only need 1 full forward not both of them.

Still a proud club who are an A Grade club. Just need to work on getting there supporter base back into the club. Also need to keep the juniors coming through in this tough junior area.

Few Rumour's on the O&M thread that Patty Rose is being chased by Wangaratta Rovers for next season. Could he be on the move.. Have Avondale had there crack over 2014 & 15. Will they reduce there spending?? Interesting times ahead..
Having said this I'm still of the belief they only need 1 full forward not both of them.

Still a proud club who are an A Grade club. Just need to work on getting there supporter base back into the club. Also need to keep the juniors coming through in this tough junior area.

Patty Rose already gone, Dean Galea on the move. Hard to see the rest of the ex VFL contingent staying on board. Saade will have to move on.

Maybe Saade can go back to featuring in Rap Songs -

Patty Rose already gone, Dean Galea on the move. Hard to see the rest of the ex VFL contingent staying on board. Saade will have to move on.

Mate, don't know where you found that but it's gold.. Just listened to it, classic..

Think all EDFL coaches should have one made. Lol

Now will this points system cause clubs to offer big $$ to juniors who played at their club. So a 20-22yr old having a crack at VFL level in the hope of getting drafted will be offered big $$ to go back to their local club. Probably playing for more than what their worth, but's it's the future of where we are heading.

Example:
1- A young player who is playing VFL development & senior games. His a good player hoping to get drafted or at least play the best level he can. His worth say $400 (at present) playing EDFL premier but his club offers him $800 as its 1pt.
2- Why is a VFL development player rated so high? Yes some are very good players and would go very well in premier but some are "just" players. The bottom 10-12 at a Coburg would not dominate premier (some might be in & out of the ones at a top club) so who will take them as I think they are 4 pts. Very silly rating..

Is this good for our young players? Is it good for the game in general??
My answer is no it's not. The AFL Vic is trying to satisfy certain clubs at the determental of our youth.

I think that you will find Saade Ghazi was last night told that come seasons end he will be moved on. however a lot of players backing that call and the committee at Avondale Heights is confident of retaining majority of the list.

Rose and Galea are the main concerns yet the club still confident of retaining at least one. If not both.

Now will this points system cause clubs to offer big $$ to juniors who played at their club. So a 20-22yr old having a crack at VFL level in the hope of getting drafted will be offered big $$ to go back to their local club. Probably playing for more than what their worth, but's it's the future of where we are heading.

Example:
1- A young player who is playing VFL development & senior games. His a good player hoping to get drafted or at least play the best level he can. His worth say $400 (at present) playing EDFL premier but his club offers him $800 as its 1pt.
2- Why is a VFL development player rated so high? Yes some are very good players and would go very well in premier but some are "just" players. The bottom 10-12 at a Coburg would not dominate premier (some might be in & out of the ones at a top club) so who will take them as I think they are 4 pts. Very silly rating..

Is this good for our young players? Is it good for the game in general??
My answer is no it's not. The AFL Vic is trying to satisfy certain clubs at the determental of our youth.
There can be arguments made both ways on this, as there are plenty of examples of players being happy to return to their junior club but get there heads turned by a fistful of cash being thrown at them.
Provided that it's handled correctly, I think that encouraging clubs to embrace their young people and develop them to their full potential rather than cherry picking the best players coming back from higher standards of footy (or surrounding leagues) can only be a good thing.

serious Turbs get with the program marn... Insider post this weeks ago.. Lol
Just to refresh you all in the inside mail all mail from the edfl insider that,,
Rose gorn to O&M, gavin wanganen. Lol wangratter
Galea Keilor with smith and walsh a
Mores got Grima x 3 Mores plus McIntosh, Furrito maybe Fev maybe Garth maybe another coach or two
Avondale eames coach and Post and Lanardi from altona
Abers fanning back with Obrien and Hislop
Greenvale ezza kuret back with Mcphee a chance, Burns back with bicer and jorgansand
Marbia got majak Daw and warren

I think that you will find Saade Ghazi was last night told that come seasons end he will be moved on. however a lot of players backing that call and the committee at Avondale Heights is confident of retaining majority of the list.

Rose and Galea are the main concerns yet the club still confident of retaining at least one. If not both.

i think the answer you mean is "max"
gawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

this post is now my 200th write, thanks for the support, to think i'd be 200 post after 2 months amazing to think lot of hard work and sweet got me here, I want to thank the ones who got behind me and support me has been great.
will the edflinsider retire well not sure is there anthing left to get,. achieve, acomoplise well we see and watch.....

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back