EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Oddball, just my opinion as player payments are often a topic of opinions and what clubs need. This type of money (mentioned by a previous poster) I think is for ex AFL players who are match winners or leader types. Ross, Blackwell, Graham, Browne, Riemers etc to name a few. Or a big, strong ruckman.

Yes I agree they are very, very good players and will be great for Greenvale. It's just a lot of $$ but I suppose some clubs will pay it, if true.
This example is what's destroying local metro/country footy. Yes all clubs have some examples I guess.

My view for what's it worth, is there "true" market value is in the range of 750-1000max. Maybe throw in some incentives and a good year (too 3-5 B&F) increase to 900-1200max.

Cheers
1k each would be a minimum before they even break a sweat. They wouldn't play premier for anything less. If they are leaving saints to stay in premier they can name their price. If you think $750 would cut it then you are really misled mate

He resigned at Douttas was announced at presentation night a fortnight ago

The mail is he could have a couple of former teammates join him, EDS will be competitive if true as both are guns. Aberfeldie have signed at least one very good footballer that played a higher level this year in a premiership team?

Caruso's are great signings & Greenvale are to well run to be risking over spend, I think they will fit in excellent to that list.

The mail is he could have a couple of former teammates join him, EDS will be competitive if true as both are guns. Aberfeldie have signed at least one very good footballer that played a higher level this year in a premiership team?

Caruso's are great signings & Greenvale are to well run to be risking over spend, I think they will fit in excellent to that list.

Have heard that there is 2-3 from deer park on there way to Douttas, you any idea of names

1k each would be a minimum before they even break a sweat. They wouldn't play premier for anything less. If they are leaving saints to stay in premier they can name their price. If you think $750 would cut it then you are really misled mate

Hey mate, I was only giving my opinion on what I believe these types of players "should" be getting, but understand they will be getting more in today's world. I just don't agree with it that's all.
The reported amount ( by another poster) of 1500 is to high IMO. But I suppose good luck to them at their new club. I do hear they are good blokes so wish them well.

Have Abers got David Fahey back maybe? Believe he was very unhappy when playing development (and rightly so) but played well in the GF. Don't think his decided yet!!

Heard that they got $25,000 each sign on plus $30,000 each per season.
lot of Greenvale senior players asked to take a pay cut for next year !
Rumor is there are some unhappy boys there at the moment.
Good luck to the Carusos boys.
All I can say is they shopped themselves around to every club and got the most $$$'s for themselves... Now that's what "Local Community Footy" is all about!!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

All I can say is they shopped themselves around to every club and got the most $$$'s for themselves... Now that's what "Local Community Footy" is all about!!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yep, this is what has happened. The President (now ex President) goes to Greenvale, The senior coach (now ex Coach) now coaches Greenvale U18's, the boys now play at Greenvale. I'll bet they brought along some of the Saints sponsors for good measure. Not sure if I don't begrudge them for leaving, and it could be just coincidental, l but the club (NS) has been reeling over the last month or so after an equally terrible year. Anyway, I've said it before money makes people do strange things. The people at the club (NS) should be filthy but knowing some of the group they'll do their best with what they have been left. I'll still put my money in!

Yep, this is what has happened. The President (now ex President) goes to Greenvale, The senior coach (now ex Coach) now coaches Greenvale U18's, the boys now play at Greenvale. I'll bet they brought along some of the Saints sponsors for good measure. Not sure if I don't begrudge them for leaving, and it could be just coincidental, l but the club (NS) has been reeling over the last month or so after an equally terrible year. Anyway, I've said it before money makes people do strange things. The people at the club (NS) should be filthy but knowing some of the group they'll do their best with what they have been left. I'll still put my money in!

They'll be trying to rename it the Bops soon.

Doing some research across other leagues I see the edfl are still mines behind others. Most other leagues are either 50 points or below. Yet the board is still sticking to 55. I hope AFL Victoria step in and make them change it to 50.

As per the Caruso's I don't think a smart president such as Kent would be silly enough to offer then outrages amounts of money. He will simple offer them what he thinks they are worth without going over his budget. I think most people would be surprise about how much the actually pay. You'll find that for season 2015 they paid around 200-220 a season. I know most of you wont believe this. But if u look at there team 60-70% are great local players and they wouldn't be as expensive as imports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per the Caruso's I don't think a smart president such as Kent would be silly enough to offer then outrages amounts of money. He will simple offer them what he thinks they are worth without going over his budget. I think most people would be surprise about how much the actually pay. You'll find that for season 2015 they paid around 200-220 a season. I know most of you wont believe this. But if u look at there team 60-70% are great local players and they wouldn't be as expensive as imports.
You are correct do not believe it at all. There are two teams resisting the $250k salary cap. Want it increased. Both played in the GF. If GV only paid $200-$220k, why would they want the cap increased?

Aberfeldie massively into Dave Fahey - 2015 Williamstown Premiership Player - Aberfeldie junior - 1pt.
Apparently, he is deciding between Aberfeldie and PEGS - where his brother and mates play.

Aberfeldie massively into Dave Fahey - 2015 Williamstown Premiership Player - Aberfeldie junior - 1pt.
Apparently, he is deciding between Aberfeldie and PEGS - where his brother and mates play.
They would need a full back now considering ADAM HOULI has left the club after 7 or 8 years of his services. Why would the club move adam Houli on as he showed in the grand final can still play

If this the case then very good pick up for Doutta. Is Turbo able to explain why he would have left Pacco? What $$$ would he have been on at Pacco and what would he be worth on the market? i.e. what would Doutta be paying?

It's signed sealed!! 100% over the line Douttas announced it on there Facebook page today!!

Patty is staying at Pacco don't worry. He loves the club and not the type to jump clubs, especially within the same league. Give him some respect..

Hey Star, don't think Patty will appreciate his number being handed out either, if you are being serious!!

So no respect for Patty now Turbos mail? Why did Patty leave Pacco to go to Doutta.

So no respect for Patty now Turbos mail? Why did Patty leave Pacco to go to Doutta.

Hey Boys, I have never disrespected Patty on this forum or to anyone, and actually like the way his plays, and when his on the park and in full flight, is one of the best players in the competition, but prefer not to go into detail as to why he left Pacco but his contract was up for review so I'm sure your smart enough to work out why he left. Seems like both Pacco and Patty have moved on quickly, which is a good thing I reckon. Pacco have kept almost every player from 2015 and moving forward again in 2016.

Hey Boys, I have never disrespected Patty on this forum or to anyone, and actually like the way his plays, and when his on the park and in full flight, is one of the best players in the competition, but prefer not to go into detail as to why he left Pacco but his contract was up for review so I'm sure your smart enough to work out why he left. Seems like both Pacco and Patty have moved on quickly, which is a good thing I reckon. Pacco have kept almost every player from 2015 and moving forward again in 2016.
Are you telling us he left for money?
If he has, make you look a bit silly, after your statements, "Ex AFL players have plenty of money, etc" Suggestions that the ex AFL boys are not playing for money but love of the club and so on. For you to retain some credibility, reason for the move needs to be motivated by issues other than cash.

If he has, make you look a bit silly, after your statements, "Ex AFL players have plenty of money, etc" Suggestions that the ex AFL boys are not playing for money but love of the club and so on. For you to retain some credibility, reason for the move needs to be motivated by issues other than cash.

Regardless for at least season 2016 he is at Douttas and is a massive signing for the club. Ex afl players play where the money is at but In the last decade I haven't noticed people associate eds with lots of coin to spend. So strange. But could this signing lure his brother across as well?

Regardless for at least season 2016 he is at Douttas and is a massive signing for the club. Ex afl players play where the money is at but In the last decade I haven't noticed people associate eds with lots of coin to spend. So strange. But could this signing lure his brother across as well?

Mate his brother is not as good as Patty so either way won't matter, plus his brother didn't play much last year due to injuries.

Hey Deefer I see your back to your old tricks!!
We need the extra $$ for Brian Lake, Stevie J and hearing big Fev will be playing a couple of games at Raeburn in the early rounds. Lake & Stevie J playing for 500 each, but Fev on the big $$ but the functions are sold out.. Bargain gets which will be announced in the coming days, but you heard it first.. Haha..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back