Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm very curious to see this as we don't have any early picks.
Who do you see as the 3 most creative handballers in the draft? (One touch, great vision ect)
Zane Trew, Will Phillips and Joel Western might be the best by hand. There are a few others but those few especially at stoppages very rarely miss by hand and often put their teammates in a better position.
Love your work eDPS

Will you be putting out a draft guide this year as you did in 2019?
Yep a draft guide will be out and better than ever!

Just glad we no longer have to discuss the Crows getting pick 2 for crouch.

I really hope we take McDonald or Holland. I would have been disappointed if they both ended up at Adel.
And I really hope you take Hollands :p

Why is that? McDonald or Holland and I’m golden.
I just think with McCartin showing better form in defence and Blakey on an attacking wing, we basically have no decent up and coming key forwards. Reid is rubbish, Franklin is basically gone, McLean is decent, but has a very low ceiling and isn't really best 22. I mean hell, in Round 1 2020 Isaac Heeney was playing our key forward role lol.

Plus we have Campbell and Gulden coming in, we don't really need more of the same in Hollands. McDonald has been doing incredibly well against adult WAFL bodies, he won't take too long to adjust to AFL I reckon.

I just think with McCartin showing better form in defence and Blakey on an attacking wing, we basically have no decent up and coming key forwards. Reid is rubbish, Franklin is basically gone, McLean is decent, but has a very low ceiling and isn't really best 22. I mean hell, in Round 1 2020 Isaac Heeney was playing our key forward role lol.

Plus we have Campbell and Gulden coming in, we don't really need more of the same in Hollands. McDonald has been doing incredibly well against adult WAFL bodies, he won't take too long to adjust to AFL I reckon.
Sorry - i would prefer McDonald as well. If he doesn’t go 1 he is my 1st option. I just don’t see the Crows taking someone else. I like McDonald and Larkey as our key forwards going forward.

Still Holland is a decent consolation prize.

Last edited:
Sorry - i works prefer McDonald as well. If he doesn’t go 1 he is my 1st option. I just don’t see the Crows taking someone else. I like McDonald and Larkey as our key forwards going forward.

Still Holland is a decent consolation prize.
Yeah, and I wouldn't mind Tillthorpe, Grainger-Barrass, or Phillips! McDonald is a wishful dream imo, you guys would be crazy not to take him if/when Ben Brown goes

Yeah, and I wouldn't mind Tillthorpe, Grainger-Barrass, or Phillips! McDonald is a wishful dream imo, you guys would be crazy not to take him if/when Ben Brown goes

Tillthrope feels like he has the highest chance of being a bust though, at least of the top 7 or so players in the draft. Would prefer to avoid him unless we really have no other choice. Someone like Phillips or DGB feel like safer choices.

I’d hope the Crows don’t pass on McDonald at 1 we need KPF. Our GWS pick I would take the best available mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect Crows will go with McDonald. They want Tillthorpe but you can't take him over McDonald. It will be very interesting to see what North do after that.
Correct with Himmel progressing well and doing our back up rucking I can’t see us getting another forward/ruck.
Yer North is the interesting one I’d say Holland’s with Phillips Dgb and Thilthorpe rounding out the top 5. Any of those 4 could go in any of the 2-5 spots

Given Hogan is heading out the door what key forwards do you think Freo will be looking at in the draft?

Given Hogan is heading out the door what key forwards do you think Freo will be looking at in the draft?
Risky with his knee but Kaine Baldwin could be a gun key forward in the Jack Darling mould. For some upside type you could look at Northern Knights pair Liam Kolar and Liam McMahon who are both 195cm + and great athletes.

eDPS Thoughts on Fraser Rosman his testing was great and seems to have the scope to turn into a big bodied mid/forward. What are your thoughts

eDPS Thoughts on Fraser Rosman his testing was great and seems to have the scope to turn into a big bodied mid/forward. What are your thoughts
Not sure if he will be the type to use his body in the midfield he seems more suited to a wing of anything. I like him he was very exciting when I saw him at the start of the year, could have really shot up the rankings with a full season.

Correct with Himmel progressing well and doing our back up rucking I can’t see us getting another forward/ruck.
Yer North is the interesting one I’d say Holland’s with Phillips Dgb and Thilthorpe rounding out the top 5. Any of those 4 could go in any of the 2-5 spots
Surely North take Thilthorpe with Brown walking out the door, and Goldy near retirement??

I'd argue it's negligent if they don't.

Who are the clubs that would be open to trading their first pick because they do not want to use it on an early bid academy player?
Also is it crazy to trade a first round pick next year for a club like Richmond to get in earlier in this year's first round?

Who are the clubs that would be open to trading their first pick because they do not want to use it on an early bid academy player?
Also is it crazy to trade a first round pick next year for a club like Richmond to get in earlier in this year's first round?

I think the main club in that group would be the Dogs with pick 12

The only clubs I can see trading into the top 10 this year giving up a first rounder next year are Port Adelaide and Collingwood. Not only are they getting ahead of bids for Jones and McInness but also getting a certain chance at taking a talented tall like Zach Reid or Nik Cox which both teams could use for the long term.

Risky with his knee but Kaine Baldwin could be a gun key forward in the Jack Darling mould. For some upside type you could look at Northern Knights pair Liam Kolar and Liam McMahon who are both 195cm + and great athletes.
Can either of them mark and/or kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back