Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had to ask giantroo who he wanted because I was stumped with that pick haha
Yeah, he would fit in very nicely on the other wing with Bailey Scott/Jaidyn Stephenson.

I had to ask giantroo who he wanted because I was stumped with that pick haha
Interesting to see what happens at our pick 25.

We’re short on genuine ruck depth.

Wonder if Lions supporter Max Heath can warn all other clubs off and last to our pick.

Any club in front of us likely to bid early on Coleman?

Wonder if Lions supporter Max Heath can warn all other clubs off and last to our pick.

I think giants could be likely or maybe tigers. I don’t think anyone bids for him in the top 25 at this stage but I can’t rule it out either.

eDPS what makes you think we’ll take Thilthorpe ahead of McDonald? I think McDonald is more of what we need as a key forward. I understand if you rate Riley higher though, personally I like Logan more

I like the Bruhn pick for us though, I’d be very happy if he got to that pick

eDPS what makes you think we’ll take Thilthorpe ahead of McDonald? I think McDonald is more of what we need as a key forward. I understand if you rate Riley higher though, personally I like Logan more

I like the Bruhn pick for us though, I’d be very happy if he got to that pick
I prefer McDonald but I’ve heard more noise with Thilthorpe going 1 instead of McDonald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In that case, surely Adelaide are better off auctioning pick 1 to the other top 4 teams. They could get Thilthorpe and an extra pick.
I don't think it would go down well from a supporter perspective if we traded out the first #1 pick we've had in our history. But I do understand your rationale

FWIW I'd be very okay with taking Thilthorpe at 1, I just like Logan better

It's going to very very interesting to see the offers North receive for McDonald in the 24hrs preceding and on the night if Thilthorpe firms at #1.

He's obviously an excellent replacement for Brown, however I could see someone like Gold Coast who still hold a top 5 pick be pretty tempting if they offer 5 + 2021 first rounder to move up.

We still get 1 of McDonald/Hollands/DGB/Phillips and bank another pick next year.

Last edited:

Nobel has said we are alright with Ruck depth elevation of Fullarton helps too would be interested in a Wingman/Forward at our pick

Tillthrope feels like he has the highest chance of being a bust though, at least of the top 7 or so players in the draft. Would prefer to avoid him unless we really have no other choice. Someone like Phillips or DGB feel like safer choices.
Agreed, I couldn't do Thilthorpe with an early pick. DGB perfect for the Swans, especially with AA gone and Gulden and Campbell you've got future mids/fwds.

Agreed, I couldn't do Thilthorpe with an early pick. DGB perfect for the Swans, especially with AA gone and Gulden and Campbell you've got future mids/fwds.

Nah, Thilthorpe is criminally underrated on here.

People are just gun shy of his type because of Boyd, Schache, McCartin etc.

Thilthorpe looks utterly dominant. He has size, speed, agility, midfielders skills and co-ordination. I think he translates perfectly to modern footy.

HE could quite conceivably become the best ruck in the league or the best FF in the league or a combination of both, which could make him the best player in the league.

He's a 2" taller Tom Hawkins or a 200cm version of late 90's Corey McKernan who was rated the #2 player in the comp behind Carey by Mike Sheehan in 98' playing as a swingman ruck/forward. He obviously should have also won both a RS and a Brownlow if not for suspension.

He is an insane prospect and better in every department than someone like Luke Jackson last year imo.

Last edited:

Thilthorpe looks utterly dominant. He has size, speed, agility, midfielders skills and co-ordination. I think he translates perfectly to modern footy.

HE could quite conceivably become the best ruck in the league or the best FF in the league or a combination of both, which could make him the best player in the league.

He's a 2" taller Tom Hawkins.

He is an insane prospect and better in every department than someone like Luke Jackson last year imo.
Having played a bunch of footy with (and against) him I couldn't agree more. His co-ordination and skill for a big man is unbelievable.

He's a 2" taller Tom Hawkins or a 200cm version of late 90's Corey McKernan who was rated the #2 player in the comp behind Carey by Mike Sheehan in 98' playing as a swingman ruck/forward. He obviously should have also won both a RS and a Brownlow if not for suspension.

Good post. I see Thilthorpe as having one of the highest upsides in this draft. He and Hollands shape as the higher risk, higher reward of the top 6 but if everything clicks for Thilthorpe he has the un-teachable tools to be a really dominant player.

His agility reminds me of Kreuzer but he’s a bigger build. Kreuzer would have been a dominant ruck, forward or mid but for injuries. I could seeThilthorpe playing a Roughhead type role at AFL level - mainly key forward but able to play as ruck (which Rough did very well pre Achilles) and big midfielder.

While I am more confident in DGB or Phillips being good 200 game players, I like the upside in Hollands and Thilthorpe and hope one of them gets to hawks at 4. I see them as guys who could be dominant players at AFL level (but admittedly higher risk)

Last edited:

Not saying I don't rate him, I'd just rather DGB. First time I saw him play I was amazed and thought he's a more versatile McGovern. If I was taking a player I'd go DGB every time.
I'd also take Jackson over him, I think eventually he'll become best ruck in the game and an extra mid.
I really like Thilthorpe, but have him behind McDonald, DGB and JUH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back