Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m considering a bit of a bolter into my top 25. I think this name will surprise a lot of people, going back and watching Victorian footage has convinced me that this kid should be in top 30 consideration.

All I can think is Fleeton, but that is just My personal bias

*Also Treacy

Last edited:
Will Sydney have any picks available late with both Campbell and Gulden rated in the top 15
If they use multiple picks to match, those additional picks that are depleted of points go to the back of the draft

Will Sydney have any picks available late with both Campbell and Gulden rated in the top 15
If they use multiple picks to match, those additional picks that are depleted of points go to the back of the draft

As PM said, picks will be back of draft. Unsure if either player will be taken in main but see a lot of scope with both players

Huh I thought you had to match bids with current picks how do you do get Academy players at the end of the draft thought that was a rule for Gold Coast only
You can't match bids with picks without points value, but if there was a scenario where Sydney use say Picks 20 and 22 completely to match a bid, Pick 20 essentially becomes the pick the bid was placed with, and 22 slides to the end of the draft but can still be used to make a selection

You can't match bids with picks without points value, but if there was a scenario where Sydney use say Picks 20 and 22 completely to match a bid, Pick 20 essentially becomes the pick the bid was placed with, and 22 slides to the end of the draft but can still be used to make a selection
So say Brisbane Match a bid on Coleman at 25 what happens with all of the Lions later picks even though they want to draft say Coleman and elevate Fullarton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So say Brisbane Match a bid on Coleman at 25 what happens with all of the Lions later picks even though they want to draft say Coleman and elevate Fullarton
Rookie elevations are done out of the draft now. If Brisbane matched and have remaining draft points, AFAIK those don't turn into a pick but are still there for use if they wanted to match another bid

They couldn’t trade them to say a Sydney so they didn’t go into deficit?
They may be able to, it's not something I've considered and haven't seen mentioned in any of the rules, but I would highly doubt it

Campbell should see a bid in the later half of the top 10. I doubt Gulden gets bid on in the first round.

You can see the picks Sydney has below.

With teams able to take extra picks to the draft this year, I doubt it will be a concern for Sydney.

At the start of the draft Sydney will have about 1722 total points.

And after the Western Bulldogs match a bid on Ugle-Hagen, I believe most of Sydney’s later picks will actually move up the draft order between 1 and 3 spots depending on the pick, and so they’ll actually increase in value if they get the allotted points of those new picks.

When a bid is matched using multiple picks, the first pick essentially slides up the order to become that pick.

All other used picks go to the back of the draft order.

Sydney has always run with the least amount of senior list spots allowed, and I don’t expect that to change until Buddy is off the list.

One thing this has always allowed them to do, was to take extra picks to the draft for extra points, if they’ve had to match on a player.

3E9DCE68-9F65-45CB-9180-BD9A40B88C91.jpeg

Rookie elevations are done out of the draft now. If Brisbane matched and have remaining draft points, AFAIK those don't turn into a pick but are still there for use if they wanted to match another bid
If we matched an earlier than expected bid on Coleman with pick 25, we will be left with 5 picks we could trade to any team that needed points.

I don’t believe we’d get much in return, maybe a future 3rd at best.

Ideally we’d trade pick 25 for a future second to team wanting to move up and target an available player. Then use our swath of later picks to match.

For those interested I’m in the process of working out player growth from March to October. If it’s something everyone would want to see please like this, i think it’s a good exercise to see who could be the next Patrick Cripps in terms of growth spurts. Could even include weights if that also interests people.

For those interested I’m in the process of working out player growth from March to October. If it’s something everyone would want to see please like this, i think it’s a good exercise to see who could be the next Patrick Cripps in terms of growth spurts. Could even include weights if that also interests people.

I know Jamarra gained a good 6kg, because when he couldn't play for the year, he focused on boxing.

First of all we have the top 15 for height differential along with their month of birth.

Funny enough a lot of the WA kids shrunk 😂

Tom Powell +2.6 March
Harry Sharp +2.5 December
Corey Preston +2.3 December
Malachy Carruthers +2.3 May
Lachlan Carrigan +2.0 December
Caleb Poulter +1.9 October
Liam McMahon +1.7 May
Joshua Clarke +1.7 March
Kalin Lane +1.6 December 2001
Rhys Nicholls +1.6 September
Max Holmes +1.5 August
Ewan Macpherson +1.5 January
Archie Perkins +1.4 March
Cody Brand +1.4 May
Dominic Bedendo +1.4 July

Hey eDPS

I think the Saints would to go for a key defender if there is any quality left by the time our pick comes.

Do you think there will still be any available but the end of the first round of will they all likely be gone.

Love the look of Cox but I doubt he makes it that far.

Hey eDPS

I think the Saints would to go for a key defender if there is any quality left by the time our pick comes.

Do you think there will still be any available but the end of the first round of will they all likely be gone.

Love the look of Cox but I doubt he makes it that far.

I picked Tom Powell in a phantom draft. Just saying. Also I understand the question was not addressed to me but I thought I’d have my say anyway.

I picked Tom Powell in a phantom draft. Just saying. Also I understand the question was not addressed to me but I thought I’d have my say anyway.
I don't mind the look of Powell.

I think we'd prefer to find a quality key defender but if there aren't any around our pick I expect us to go for a mid and Powell would be a good get.

We look pretty well set for small-mid defenders and forwards as well as key forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back