Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's more of a natural midfielder. His work in traffic is much better. I honestly don't see the Gunston comparison at all to Langford.

Me either, every medium sized forward with a radar gets compared to him now.

Just need a natural full forward who can compete and create a pack/spillage for the future.

Jack Redpath was suggested by someone last year, but quickly shot down by the masses. The bloke is dominating and may very likely hold out Tom Boyd for the near future with games like he played on the weekend.

We have enough small players in Tippa, Parish, Z.Merrett, Fantasia, Zaharakis and Eades.

To be fair, only Zaharakis is of similar game style of Taylor. Tippa (behind the ball), Parish (inside leaning mid), Z.Merret (inside leaning mid), Eades (unproven) are not even relatable to Lewis Taylor.
Fantasia is the most comparable of the lot having played predominantly half forward/wing this year. Which is what Taylor did in his RS winning year

To be fair, only Zaharakis is of similar game style of Taylor. Tippa (behind the ball), Parish (inside leaning mid), Z.Merret (inside leaning mid), Eades (unproven) are not even relatable to Lewis Taylor.
Fantasia is the most comparable of the lot having played predominantly half forward/wing this year. Which is what Taylor did in his RS winning year
Be that as it may, the future midfield looks decidedly small regardless of particular roles - though what comes of Laverde, Langford and Francis may go some way to addressing that.

Be that as it may, the future midfield looks decidedly small regardless of particular roles - though what comes of Laverde, Langford and Francis may go some way to addressing that.

Should size really matter when it comes to line breaking mids?

The best line breakers have been smaller sized anyways. A rarity you get that combination of size (185cm+) and powerful leg speed in the one player.

Should size really matter when it comes to line breaking mids?

The best line breakers have been smaller sized anyways. A rarity you get that combination of size (185cm+) and powerful leg speed in the one player.
having a bont/cripps/fyfe sized midfielder to take over jobes role would be pretty good though

size matters

having a bont/cripps/fyfe sized midfielder to take over jobes role would be pretty good though

size matters

Re - read my post?

"Should size really matter when it comes to line breaking mids?"

Line breaking means, Brent Harvey, Travis Colyer, Lewis Jetta in full flight not inside mids.

It's not about Taylor in particular, it's about the midfield balance. If you're going to trade for someone, trade for someone who meets the most glaring need.

For the record

I agree with you. No point giving up a second round pick for him when we have guys already playing to/ scoping to a similar output in Fantasia, Colyer, Zaka thats not even the young guys we havent seen yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal twomey told me if we're to use our top pick on a fwd it could be Todd Marshall. If we sign most of the 12 I think it would be hard for a draftee next yr to have any worth/impact for our 2017 season. Is this the best choice in the long run and really start getting a proper run come 2020?

Cal twomey told me if we're to use our top pick on a fwd it could be Todd Marshall. If we sign most of the 12 I think it would be hard for a draftee next yr to have any worth/impact for our 2017 season. Is this the best choice in the long run and really start getting a proper run come 2020?
Marshall wouldn't be ready to play next season. Needs a few years to build a frame

Is there anyone you would be interested in acquiring yaco55?

I'm genuinely interested to know by the way, I'm not having a go or anything.

Each year I choose two or three players to target - And these are usually players who fit a need and aren't over-rated in the cyber world - My clear number one target for 2017 is Gaff. 2nd Target is Jenkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back