Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a little bit of thinking today, and I thought of the other side of the argument. I'll preface this by saying: I love Hurley and Hibberd.
However, we could get so much for both of them in a trade.

Francis, Hooker, Baguley
Tippa, Hartley, Dea

That's a good enough backline.
We need a hard leading, heavy hitting forward and and inside midfielder and preferably a small crumbing forward in order to contend, not another KPD on the list. Hooker and Daniher is not a premiership winning forward line.

I'd consider targeting Jack Martin as a small forward, seeing as we want to ship off number 1, I believe we need to target a player like Patton also.

Hullet is an interesting one, has kicked quite a few goals this year which has raised his value from his draft position. Would be more available than Weideman but not sure you'd bank on him just yet to be a long term forward next to Daniher, there would be better options out there for you guys than him at this stage. Are there any decent forward sprospects in this years draft?

Hulett is a leading forward. Yeah?
Kicked 3 iirc against us and came away impressed. Was quite physical for a 19 year old key position forward.

Would hibberd for your 3rd + Hullett work?

If we can trade pick 1 into (Gold Coast suns) pick 4 & 8 and get a developing tall via tRade we could land two of a plethora of mids that seem increasingly likely to be taken in the draFt. The only real tall that looks like a top end prospect is Todd Marshall.

I've done a little bit of thinking today, and I thought of the other side of the argument. I'll preface this by saying: I love Hurley and Hibberd.

Francis, Hooker, Baguley
Tippa, Hartley, Dea

We need a hard leading, heavy hitting forward and and inside midfielder and preferably a small crumbing forward in order to contend, not another KPD on the list. Hooker and Daniher is not a premiership winning forward line.

I'd consider targeting Jack Martin as a small forward, seeing as we want to ship off number 1, I believe we need to target a player like Patton also.
Sorry to be wet blanket but there is not a viable positive interpretation of Hurley leaving if he did. He's structurally quite possibly the most important player at Essendon.

Hibberd on the other hand, yes I think he can be covered and even more so with Dea now in the picture.

I'd prefer to keep Pig but wouldn't be too shattered if he left for the right price (and pick 25 for example is probably not the right price). He's a gun but we've uncovered a few players who I think are capable of filling a similar role, so if we could turn Hibberd into a type of player that really fills a need for us (ie. someone useful in the forward 50) then I'd still cheer him on if he ended up in a Dees jumper.

Francis, Hooker, Baguley
Tippa, Hartley, Dea

I saw Hibberd last night at Crown ...I kid you not, he was walking out of the place and was in a suit as though he'd just been in a meeting or formal party, But it was 3.30 in the arvo...In his hand he had an inside out Melbourne football club jumper....My jaw hit the ground, I was going to get a photo but he was gone in a flash...Geez he's a massive unit..Hope he stays but didn't like or quite understand what I saw...:eek:

I saw Hibberd last night at Crown ...I kid you not, he was walking out of the place and was in a suit as though he'd just been in a meeting or formal party, But it was 3.30 in the arvo...In his hand he had an inside out Melbourne football club jumper....My jaw hit the ground, I was going to get a photo but he was gone in a flash...Geez he's a massive unit..Hope he stays but didn't like or quite understand what I saw...:eek:
welcome pick 25

You constitute 3:30pm as ''last night"?

not sure if legit or t8king pi55.

I want some of your leprechaun powder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can trade pick 1 into (Gold Coast suns) pick 4 & 8 and get a developing tall via tRade we could land two of a plethora of mids that seem increasingly
likely to be taken in the draFt. The only real tall that looks like a top end prospect is Todd Marshall.

Although GWS academy, Zachery Sproule could be worth a bid with our 2nd rounder.
Has been compared to Nick Riewoldt. Has elite endurance and Mick Ablett was saying he is one of the best set shots to come through the junior system.

Surely GWS can't keep them all.

Although GWS academy, Zachery Sproule could be worth a bid with our 2nd rounder.
Has been compared to Nick Riewoldt. Has elite endurance and Mick Ablett was saying he is one of the best set shots to come through the junior system.

Surely GWS can't keep them all.
with all the draft picks that they secured through last years trade period, wouldnt be unlikely that they secure them all. They already have 5 top 30 picks and are likely to gain more in this trade period when players are a chance to leave for better game time opportunity. For example, Steele, Tomlinson, Stewart, etc

with all the draft picks that they secured through last years trade period, wouldnt be unlikely that they secure them all. They already have 5 top 30 picks and are likely to gain more in this trade period when players are a chance to leave for better game time opportunity. For example, Steele, Tomlinson, Stewart, etc
I think the AFL may have screwed up in granting as many draft concessions to GWS as they did, given the current talent on their list as well as the academy kids they have coming through, etc. once they get on top it'll be very difficult to knock them off.

"He's an Essendon lad, and doesn't like the culture up in GC. We could get him if we wanted him."

From BomberBlitz about Peter Wright. Not sure about its credibility and I know Wright signed a contract at the start of this year but please get it done dodo
He would be my number 1 target without question.

2 metre Peter's a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back