Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it's ok to post here. Just wondering what you think Howlett's worth in a trade? Thanks.

Pick in the 30s as Duck said.

Apparently we've offered him an improved deal but he's still exploring his options despite having not made up his mind 100% either way.

I'd take a pick in the mid 30's for Howlett. Howlett won't get much better than he is with our midfield so will have to be a pressure forward which isn't his natural role, and its probably worth trying to find a gem in the mid 30's (Like we did with Zaharakis) at the risk of a recruiting a dud. Howlett is easily replaceable especially with the like of Fantasia, Edwards and Dalgelish coming through

The Herald Sun is reporting that Howlett will stay if Hird does.
Howlett could join exodus at Bombers

doesn't surprise, although I don't think their fates are completely tied together, Ben could still stay even if Hird goes.

I'd take a pick in the mid 30's for Howlett. Howlett won't get much better than he is with our midfield so will have to be a pressure forward which isn't his natural role, and its probably worth trying to find a gem in the mid 30's (Like we did with Zaharakis) at the risk of a recruiting a dud. Howlett is easily replaceable especially with the like of Fantasia, Edwards and Dalgelish coming through

DZ was more mid 20s, but yeah, agree with the sentiment.

I'd love to keep him, but if he wants to head home to WA or to a club that can offer him more time in the middle then hopefully we can find a good deal and then move forward.

Unlikely all of these would be seen as viable but assuming West Coast, Fremantle and Carlton are the clubs in the mix for Howlett would any of these trades work?
CARLTON
Howlett + 4th rounder for Garlett + 2nd rounder (Garlett's value has obviously plummeted after his escapade at the nightclub, so not worth as much as he otherwise would be).
FREMANTLE
Howlett+3rd rounder for Crozier +3rd/4th rounder
WEST COAST
Howlett + 3rd/4th rounder for Sinclair + 2nd/3rd rounder

Unlikely all of these would be seen as viable but assuming West Coast, Fremantle and Carlton are the clubs in the mix for Howlett would any of these trades work?
CARLTON
Howlett + 4th rounder for Garlett + 2nd rounder (Garlett's value has obviously plummeted after his escapade at the nightclub, so not worth as much as he otherwise would be).
FREMANTLE
Howlett+3rd rounder for Crozier +3rd/4th rounder
WEST COAST
Howlett + 3rd/4th rounder for Sinclair + 2nd/3rd rounder
All seem like we are getting the good end of the deal. I like that, but I doubt it'd work.

It's Coghlan that could replace Howlett.

Looking at current situation/ rumours of requested players etc:

What about:
PA IN: Ryder, 48
PA OUT: 16, 35

WB IN: 35
WB OUT: Jones

CARL IN: Jones, Jaksch, Howlett
CARL OUT: 6, 41

ESS IN: 6, 16, 41
ESS OUT: Ryder, 48

Port give up first two round picks, get a third round pick back plus top 5 ruckman. Lose no players.
Bulldogs get pick 35 for Jones.. which seems about right for 'touted' but ultimately VFL player
Carlton get the two men they are chasing for Pick 6. They have stated 6 for jaksch is too much but 24 is too little.. but both players, plus Howlett, for 6+ downgraded 3rd round pick seems fair.
Bombers get the 2 first round picks they are looking for in compo for Ryder, and upgrade 3rd round pick 7 places in compo for Howlett.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Coghlan that could replace Howlett.

Combination of J.Merrett, Melksham, Hams, Aylett or Kommer. He's far from irreplaceable, despite being a pretty good player.

What about:

That
Port give up first two round picks, get a third round pick back plus top 5 ruckman. Lose no players.
Bulldogs get pick 35 for Jones.. which seems about right for 'touted' but ultimately VFL player
Carlton get the two men they are chasing for Pick 6. They have stated 6 for jaksch is too much but 24 is too little.. but both players, plus Howlett, for 6+ downgraded 3rd round pick seems fair.
Bombers get the 2 first round picks they are looking for in compo for Ryder, and upgrade 3rd round pick 7 places in compo for Howlett.

Thoughts?

Exceptionally well thought out

What about:

Thoughts?
Not bad at all, what would you then give up for Membrey? Pick 41 or?

Take Two that includes GWS:

What about:
PA IN: Ryder

CARL OUT: 6, 24

GWS IN: 19
GWS OUT: Jaksch

ESS IN: 6, 16, 24,
ESS OUT: Ryder, 19, Howlett,

Port give up first two round picks, get a top 5 ruckman. Lose no players.
Carlton get the two men they are chasing for Pick 6. They have stated 6 for jaksch is too much but 24 is too little.. but both players, plus Howlett, for first two rounds seems fair.
Bombers get the 2 first round picks they are looking for in compo for Ryder,
GWS get a late 1st round pick for Jaksch.. I doubt they will get higher from any of the interested parties.

rines, it's hard enough getting a trade between two clubs done, let alone five.
I agree.. but it happens sometimes.. and I think that clubs are going to have to be bold if they want to get player movement done.

I mean when you have a club (Carlton) who publicly says "we want Jaksch but 6 is too much and 24 is too little.. then you instantly think.. they want a pick between 12-18 ideally to satisfy the trade.. and we have that, or close to, with 19..and so it goes from there.

That is why I would prefer if they got all 18 clubs to send a representative to a 'conference' style system... and they all meet in one room and sort this shit out.

No reason why everyone can't win...

rines, it's hard enough getting a trade between two clubs done, let alone five.
Other than the difficulty.. my 'thinking out loud' 5 minutes of thought idea.. seems relatively fair to all 5 clubs.. sees all players go to the 'mooted' club of interest.. so why should it be hard?

Pick 35 will most likely be used on Dan Gorringe from Gold Coast.
I don't see how you get Ryder without giving up your first two picks..

So I guess they would prefer Gorringe to Ryder.. seems Paddy will have to find another club or stay put.

Interesting though.. I would have thought you guys would be more focussed on getting Ryder to the club and then try and make a trade for Gorringe.. than the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back