Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Payne is a big loss. The bloke seems to be made of lego at the business end of seasons.

Thought it was pretty dominant, albeit kicking for goal was once again garbage.

Re the Hipwood discussion. I get it - he had a number of very ordinary moments tonight. My question is - and taking all emotion out of it - who comes in for him? Structurally he helps. He allows Joe to ruck and allows Morris, Rayner et al to get the third and fourth defenders. I’m not sure there’s anyone we can bring in for a must win game that actually helps us more so than Hipwood in this aspect.

Payne is a big loss. The bloke seems to be made of lego at the business end of seasons.

Thought it was pretty dominant, albeit kicking for goal was once again garbage.

Re the Hipwood discussion. I get it - he had a number of very ordinary moments tonight. My question is - and taking all emotion out of it - who comes in for him? Structurally he helps. He allows Joe to ruck and allows Morris, Rayner et al to get the third and fourth defenders. I’m not sure there’s anyone we can bring in for a must win game that actually helps us more so than Hipwood in this aspect.
Does Hipwood just go down
Back to cover for Payne ?

Does Hipwood just go down
Back to cover for Payne ?
I don’t think he’s much help down back. That does the exact same thing structurally as dropping him tbh. They’re better off bringing Joyce back in, who while he has his moments, was relatively serviceable and knows the position better.

We came out focused and demolished them.

We got far enough ahead that we eased off - no point playing to exhaustion, just get the win.

They took that opportunity and cashed in their momentum.

And then we regrouped and took it right back off them.

We are fine for next week and I'm one week closer to being a genius for booking non refundable gf flights when they were cheap. Well, cheaper.

Groin injury. Not training. Learning to play down back.

This has all been well publicised
Fair. In more for structure than anything I’d say. Decision making still questionable at times. That Ashcroft kick was unwarranted.

I’d love to see him play predictable footy whilst his fitness is down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they just said on Fox Brisbane are hopefully that Payne may be ok next week, and at worst the week after if we make it that far. But they will need to wait for scans to be sure. Massive for us if true.
You can absolutely play with a partial MCL tear, main issue is it can be a bit unstable medially which leaves you vulnerable to other injuries if you land awkwardly.

GWS don’t have a huge forward line, would prefer Payne at 60% than Joyce tbh

You can absolutely play with a partial MCL tear, main issue is it can be a bit unstable medially which leaves you vulnerable to other injuries if you land awkwardly.

GWS don’t have a huge forward line, would prefer Payne at 60% than Joyce tbh

Just worry we don’t have a good option if he went down during the game or couldn’t perform

Because every time we have a lead we forfeit a significant portion of it
Sure.

I reckon our players are tougher than that.

Soon, they'll put the foot on the throat.

Even without that.....

.....our team wins more than it loses, which suggests

to me,

...what I agree you have communicated.

I just say.....

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

:D

5 times a Lion took a mark on 50,and went back for the shot, without looking if we had another option. 5 times we kicked a point,

At least pretend you are looking for an option.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Back