Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe no one wanted him there.

Just a thought.

He was OK, his family wasn't.

But who knows if he is referring to his ex and her kids who are well known at the club or his new partner and her kids, who aren't.

He doesn't seem to have nailed retirement

The way we've blown away 2 really good teams in the Pies and the Giants and a finals team in the Blues in the first quarters has been super impressive .I don't mind a little pushback on that in the ebb and flow of the game but the way we seem to tune out and cough up all our good work in a twinkling sometimes is terribly frustrating.

There's a feeling in the footy community that we're soft and always gettable.

Anyone got any other answers ?

The way we've blown away 2 really good teams in the Pies and the Giants and a finals team in the Blues in the first quarters has been super impressive .I don't mind a little pushback on that in the ebb and flow of the game but the way we seem to tune out and cough up all our good work in a twinkling sometimes is terribly frustrating.

Fitness and accuracy play a part, but also think a lot of tonight was them going into self preservation mode more than anything. Percentage doesn't matter. Getting the win and staying fresh does.

Was there ever any mention he was concussed ? He had a small gash on his lip but nothing really mentioned in the commentary. Went limp, kinda reminded me of Mitch Lewis
Didn't see anything concussion-like there live. Looking for it in the replay but I think because he pulled up short the blow to his face was purely nose.

Fitness and accuracy play a part, but also think a lot of tonight was them going into self preservation mode more than anything. Percentage doesn't matter. Getting the win and staying fresh does.
Yeah totally agree on tonight. The game was over at quarter time.

I just wonder whether we've got a little mental damage by not taking the ultimate prize . Our best footy is clearly good enough. In finals you can't take your foot off the gas for any of the game. I know accuracy has been a big factor.

I suppose it'll all come together when we least expect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Payne a chance for next week according to Fagan
Let's hope so.

Really liked Starcevich's game again. He's a key player for us.

Froggy is just undersized to play on the big dogs but he tried his guts out and made some great saves tonight.

Payne in just allows Harris and these smaller guys more freedom. It was just so apparent in that first quarter how big an influence Payne could be . In fact his foot injury last year probably cost us a flag.

I know it’s not here but by god Hipwood cops a lot of hate on FB.

Surely it’s clearly obvious he’s playing encumbered so what do people honestly expect? I’d have thought any fan would be grateful he’s playing a role even if there are stuff ups here and there.

What’s the alternative, Brandon Ryan? If anything I’d like to see Eric play deep forward and Joe push up but when Joe is also playing second ruck you can see why Joe plays deep.

All that matters for the rest of the year is being in front at the final siren.
But we have just allowed some terrible habits to creep into our game

I'd be really surprised if we risked him. He didn't seem to be walking that flash as far as I could tell.
Mentioned he could have come back on

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Back