News Elimination Final:- Carlton v Brisbane prematch discussion & changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

god i wish hadley was playing. browne and johnson were a disgrace. betts will be a definite inclusion and yarran might keep his spot but garlett should still be a chance. fisher should have played today. im too pissed off to finish this post. i'll come back later. :thumbsu:

Yarren showed a few good things in the first half and while he hasnt shown it yet in the goal kicking dept, his forward pressure is a lot better than Jeff's because he is a larger bodied player and can make his tackles stick.

Dramoth mate, please just trust me when i say Yarrans pressure is not even a half as much as Garletts. He tackled well today, a few tackles from behind and whatnot, so he did decent.

But trust me mate, when you go to a game and watch the percieved pressure which having guys like Jeffrey running around throws on the opposition, it is priceless. He is pure gold mate.

Yarran will be a star, make no mistake, but JG is a far far better option for us at the moment.

Drummond definately injured, and Black looked like he strained his hamstring very late in the game. I'm expecting Bradshaw to return, but Merrett would have to be in some doubt after injuring his hamstring only last week.

Betts and Garlett have to come in next week, we missed their crumbing around the goals today. I also wonder if the club might just bring another tall into the team - maybe Jacobs, Warnock or even Cloke. Doubt Johnson will hold his spot, and Wiggins would be really battling to hold his spot.

Brisbane at full strength would be a tough opponent but so what
Step up and back what we have and our structure. We play well we can beat anyone anywhere

agreed BG.

WIGGO- a true hack in every sense of the word, apart from his heart, but he is a terrible terrible footballer.

JOHNSON- a melbourne reject who is SO SO bad.

BROWNE- for all the love he recieves on here, it is unwarranted, he is not a good player at all, maybe in a while but not yet.

Bring back Jeffrey and Eddie and we are a far better team.

Step up and back what we have and our structure. We play well we can beat anyone anywhere

Good call Guns. We can head up to Brisbane, and really give it a red hot go. We've beaten Brisbane twice this year, and we do really match up well against them.

make no mistake we wont be putting up such a pathetic effort again next week.

no jamo really really really hurts us, that is what i think might be the key factor.

LETS GO LADS.

Tell em he's dreaming ..
102_109_small.jpg

We'll get smashed next week on the piss weak, blouse-wearing, downhill skiing style performance served up today make no mistake.

And even we do somehow 'manage to fluke a win' against the Brizz, as if we'd be able to get past Collingwood or St.Kilda later on (lol)

Im not expecting us to beat the lions, but what i do expect is a spirited, whole-hearted performance that can really test the lions, cos i feel the pressure will be on them at home, i've got no doubt every1 will be writing us off now saying we r no chance but if we can show some spirit that would be nice

Tell em he's dreaming ..
102_109_small.jpg

We'll get smashed next week on the piss weak, blouse-wearing, downhill skiing style performance served up today make no mistake.

And even we do somehow 'manage to fluke a win' against the Brizz, as if we'd be able to get past Collingwood or St.Kilda later on (lol)
Don't go outside or a bolt of lightning might hit you
Go to bed CP and stop making a fool of yourself.
If you have no belief in us then follow Bris or Coll or StK we don't mind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CP we are all pissed off, but I think you are letting your anger lead you to the dark side.

thats right... I remember now...

you are one of the vocal anti-yarren pro rich ****wits who plague our club at the moment...

**** off tosser

yeah... I mean, if he wants to get into an insult race with me, I have a lot more time and I dont get on the booze for another 8 hours at least... :)

I think the first quote shows who started it :rolleyes:

OUT Johnson (forever?) Browne Yarran Armfield
IN Betts Garlett Grigg Jacobs

Time for the Kreuzer permanent forward surprise. Carlos stays for his versatility. Does not have to be Grigga - if AB played a blinder he could get the nod (Johnson did after one good Ants game)

I did see Wiggo's turnovers but I also saw some guys get bags kicked on them. Army was towelled up by Knights early and when this happens we do not get any run from him - not sure what to do with him.

Don't go outside or a bolt of lightning might hit you
Go to bed CP and stop making a fool of yourself.
If you have no belief in us then follow Bris or Coll or StK we don't mind

You good sir, have got no fine appreciation of Australian cinema ..

I'm sorry if i can't sugar coat my anger or rage or bitter dissapointment following a 70 point loss ...

Carlton was piss-poor tonight, and you wouldn't back them with bad money next week on the basis of the garbage they served up tonight.

CP we all agree we were gutless tonight, but look at the brighter side we are in the finals and we have done far better than many of us thought we would.

You would think we would be playing on Saturday night.

Outs in this order. Browne, Johnson, Wiggo :( and Yazz maybe Carlos.
Ins, well call me crazy but if Fish puts his hand up tomorrow i would bring him in, Betts should come in and let the other listed players put their hands up for the final spots if they are good enough.

You good sir, have got no fine appreciation of Australian cinema ..

I'm sorry if i can't sugar coat my anger or rage or bitter dissapointment following a 70 point loss ...

Carlton was piss-poor tonight, and you wouldn't back them with bad money next week on the basis of the garbage they served up tonight.
I work too hard to waste $$ gambling however I know who I will be shouting for!
I want to see the Irish gorilla dropped. At least Cloke knows how to lead...
Cloke also offers a good target from kick ins. Could have done with that today. Not sure if that is enough to get him a call up but lets see what he does for the Ants in response to the weeks events

CP we all agree we were gutless tonight, but look at the brighter side we are in the finals and we have done far better than many of us thought we would.
exactly.

I was cheering from home hoping for Sydney to get up but who says we can't beat Brisbane up there? They have a few injuries to key players, we're a huge chance to win. I haven't seen much of today's game but I'm sure we'll bounce back next week. I think sometimes people forget we have the youngest list in the comp..

I think the first quote shows who started it :rolleyes:

OUT Johnson (forever?) Browne Yarran Armfield
IN Betts Garlett Grigg Jacobs

Time for the Kreuzer permanent forward surprise. Carlos stays for his versatility. Does not have to be Grigga - if AB played a blinder he could get the nod (Johnson did after one good Ants game)

I did see Wiggo's turnovers but I also saw some guys get bags kicked on them. Army was towelled up by Knights early and when this happens we do not get any run from him - not sure what to do with him.

Wouldn't be dropping Armfield mate, Brisbane are more likely to try and hit up Brownshaw than kick running goals like the Crows did. I'd like Armfield there to pick up the spoils and run his arse outta the 50.
Yarran would be pretty stiff to be dropped, didn't do much wrong in a side that got pumped...

Remove this Banner Ad

News Elimination Final:- Carlton v Brisbane prematch discussion & changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back