Unofficial Preview Elimination Final Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope they all play. They're not going to be in too flash a condition.

On our home deck there's no excuses against that lot. They haven't played much good for weeks.
You’re right we should beat them, although our form the last few weeks hasn’t been fantastic either.

The other worry I have against teams like this is they’re basically playing with a free hit now. Two hours ago they were probably on the beers expecting their season was done. They’ve been given a reprieve with really nothing to lose now. Those teams can be dangerous.

Last edited:
We saw how hard it's been for Hipwood coming back from his injury.

Curnow looked in way worse state than him. McKay has a quad. You don't throw that off overnight.
Or they pump them full of painkillers to get through the EF, but then they can’t get up for the SF and get annihilated.
(Regardless, as with the last few weeks, it’s entirely in our hands).

Jordan BoydAdductor2-5 weeks
Matt CarrollGroinIndefinite
Adam CerraHamstringTBC
Matt CottrellShoulderSeason
David CuninghamShoulderSeason
Charlie CurnowAnkleTest
Tom De KoningFoot2-3 weeks
Sam DochertyKneeSeason
Corey DurdinShoulderTest
Sam DurdinCalf1-2 weeks
Orazio FantasiaCalfTest
Lachie FogartyCollarboneSeason
Caleb MarchbankConcussionTest
Jack MartinHamstring1 week
Mitch McGovernHamstringTest
Harry McKayQuad1 week
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringTest
Adam SaadHamstringTest
Jack SilvagniKneeSeason

Was from 20th, Fantasia played today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the path that has appeared to me in a dream. A true hero’s journey.

EF vs Carlton: Lions by 1

We avenge the opening round loss to Carlton with a point after the siren. Ah Chee with a set shot from 20m out directly in front.

SF vs GWS: Lions by 18

GWS dominate the game but kick poorly. We run over them in the 4th quarter, avenging our twin losses to GWS

PF vs Geelong: Lions by 71. We avenge the 2020 and 2022 prelims by spanking Geelong. We do kick 23 behinds in the process.

GF vs Hawthorn: Lions by 4. We overcome our final obstacle, defeating hawthorn after so many years. Posters here spend the off season furious we didn’t win by more.

We have the opportunity to overcome all of our demons this September.

We avenge the opening round loss to Carlton with a point after the siren. Ah Chee with a set shot from 20m out directly in front.

GWS dominate the game but kick poorly. We run over them in the 4th quarter, avenging our twin losses to GWS

PF vs Geelong: Lions by 71. We avenge the 2020 and 2022 prelims by spanking Geelong. We do kick 23 behinds in the process.

GF vs Hawthorn: Lions by 4. We overcome our final obstacle, defeating hawthorn after so many years. Posters here spend the off season furious we didn’t win by more.

Brab you are a true visionary.

With a bent for historical context.

It's as clear as a bell to me that that's how it plays out.

Hodgey to present to Premiership Cup.

Can you imagine if this actually plays out.

Carlton in week 1 at the Gabba is probably the most ideal opponent for us yet I don't feel comfortable at all. Have a feeling the media and the general AFL community won't give Carlton a chance against us and it's going to backfire.

Brab you are a true visionary.

With a bent for historical context.

It's as clear as a bell to me that that's how it plays out.

Hodgey to present to Premiership Cup.

Lions legend Jack Gunston awarded the Norm Smith after kicking 7 goals in a losing side.

Huge post match controversy over Joe Daniher not getting the medal after kicking 5.7 including an accidental soccer backheel behind in the last second of extra time to get the Lions home by a point.

Last edited:
Carlton in week 1 at the Gabba is probably the most ideal opponent for us yet I don't feel comfortable at all. Have a feeling the media and the general AFL community won't give Carlton a chance against us and it's going to backfire.
Correct. Just like opening round when they were given no chance without I think Walsh or Weitering.

If we hadn't capitulated against them in round zero I'd be feeling the same, but I think our boys will have something to prove after that disaster.

There's a guy I play golf with who's embedded in the Tiger's heirarchy and mixes in footy circles. He's smart and doesn't get carried away.

He said today we'll win it this year. We've got the right age and physical profile ,we've got the experience and incentive , there's no standout opposition.

Seeing I really don't think we've got much hope I found that an interesting perspective. He didn't think finishing 5th was a big problem.

Lions legend Jack Gunston awarded the Norm Smith after kicking 7 goals in a losing side.

He would have kicked 8 if Kiddy Coleman didn’t take a Leo Barry style mark to save the game in his first match back from an ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back