Unofficial Preview Elimination Final Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A half busted up Payne is surely still better than a fit Joyce.
Don't agree. Payne's been poor every time he's had to carry an injury . Needs to be 100% for him to fire, that's before you get to the fitness issue.

Joyce still has a half busted jaw which isn't helping him at all.

We really need a fully fit Payne to get anywhere this year. I'm just hoping.

Don't agree. Payne's been poor every time he's had to carry an injury . Needs to be 100% for him to fire, that's before you get to the fitness issue.

Joyce still has a half busted jaw which isn't helping him at all.

We really need a fully fit Payne to get anywhere this year. I'm just hoping.

I agree.

Joyce has actually been pretty good IMO.

Maybe doesn't clunk as many defensive marks as prime Payne but has been far from disgraced.

Respect should be paid for him playing with a fractured jaw over the last two weeks

I agree.

Maybe doesn't clunk as many defensive marks as prime Payne but has been far from disgraced.

Respect should be paid for him playing with a fractured jaw over the last two weeks
He has had his moments but overall he has looked a step behind AFL, IMO. His decision making when kicking is also, at times, baffling. Payne knows his limitations, Joyce starts trying corridor kicks with below par foot skills.
Doesn’t hold marks, barely impacts contests meaningfully and when he does he fists it to dangerous crumbing spots. His game awareness is almost non-existent. I know that sounds scathing, and realise he is a break glass in case of emergency, but given Curnow and McKay are likely to be half fit too I’d be rushing back Payne.

Jordan BoydAdductor2-5 weeks
Matt CarrollGroinIndefinite
Adam CerraHamstringTBC
Matt CottrellShoulderSeason
David CuninghamShoulderSeason
Charlie CurnowAnkleTest
Tom De KoningFoot2-3 weeks
Sam DochertyKneeSeason
Corey DurdinShoulderTest
Sam DurdinCalf1-2 weeks
Orazio FantasiaCalfTest
Lachie FogartyCollarboneSeason
Caleb MarchbankConcussionTest
Jack MartinHamstring1 week
Mitch McGovernHamstringTest
Harry McKayQuad1 week
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringTest
Adam SaadHamstringTest
Jack SilvagniKneeSeason

Was from 20th, Fantasia played today.

That's carnage. Can't see them bring back 5ish players and it clicking for the entire game.

We kick 1:1 goals: behinds and we win easily..

This is the path that has appeared to me in a dream. A true hero’s journey.

EF vs Carlton: Lions by 1

We avenge the opening round loss to Carlton with a point after the siren. Ah Chee with a set shot from 20m out directly in front.

SF vs GWS: Lions by 18

GWS dominate the game but kick poorly. We run over them in the 4th quarter, avenging our twin losses to GWS

PF vs Geelong: Lions by 71. We avenge the 2020 and 2022 prelims by spanking Geelong. We do kick 23 behinds in the process.

GF vs Hawthorn: Lions by 4. We overcome our final obstacle, defeating hawthorn after so many years. Posters here spend the off season furious we didn’t win by more.

We have the opportunity to overcome all of our demons this September.

Just for absolute clarification - Cal barely ekes out a behind to give us the lead and avoid extra time, yes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.

Well said. If Payne doesn't go well in the reserves I think Fagan stays with Joyce for consistency of the combination.

Word is our game will be Saturday night. Seems a bit silly given Carlton would have to travel home on the Sunday. We should really be playing Saturday arvo.

Playing at night tho I guess is more likely to help us run the game out better.
They probably figure Carlton has the whole off-season to recover. :D

Word is our game will be Saturday night. Seems a bit silly given Carlton would have to travel home on the Sunday. We should really be playing Saturday arvo.

Playing at night tho I guess is more likely to help us run the game out better.

I’m sure Carlton’s Mad Monday preparations won’t be hindered by having to travel home on the Sunday

I don't think we've been outclassed in a game since Hawthorn in Round 11, which would be 4 months ago by the time finals start. Our losses against GWS were self inflicted. Worried that we'll do the same in a final, have more scoring shots and dominate general play and find a way to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back