Status
Not open for further replies.

f9101b02bd1624663412b58436ded700.jpg

Which category are September members ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

f9101b02bd1624663412b58436ded700.jpg

Which category are September members ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
At this stage it is just your normal membership that is in play.

September membership only applies if the Lions make the grand final.

Let's hope we are talking about September membership in a few weeks' time.

I hope Brisbane members and supporters fill the Gabba this time unlike the prelim last year where it felt like a Carlton home game
Finals tickets are controlled by the AFL and are offered to both clubs at the same time at a 50/50.
So it depends on how many Carlton fans are prepared to travel.
A Prelim like last year would be more motivation to travel, so maybe there will not quite be as many at this game?

I think our fade (or Fages outs) are simple to explain, We are down in defensive personal, Put a fit Adams, Payne and Gardiner in the team allied with Kiddy and we would be able to resist when the flow of play is going against us.

Simply. we don't have the cattle.
Hey Phil,

I don’t think Gardiner would get a game in our team, because the forward line is well stocked. I also don’t believe you would play Adams and Payne in the same team. Kiddy slots straight back in though.

Based on who we have, available, and who we are likely to get back, I think our best defensive line up is

FB: Starcevich, Payne, Lester
HB: Zorko, Andrews, Wilmot

This is pretty formidable. Prior or Answerth on the bench rotating through helps.

I hope we limit the number of tickets we make available to them. The Blue man stuff in Round 0 was intolerable.

I don't care about their blose bros carry on, I just wanna sing "country road" as many times as possible. No pressure Charlie if you read this but pls kick as many goals as possible to ensure the Gabba choir is in full voice & making blose fans sad & irritated with our joyful singing.

There's a guy I play golf with who's embedded in the Tiger's heirarchy and mixes in footy circles. He's smart and doesn't get carried away.

He said today we'll win it this year. We've got the right age and physical profile ,we've got the experience and incentive , there's no standout opposition.

Seeing I really don't think we've got much hope I found that an interesting perspective. He didn't think finishing 5th was a big problem.
We did win our last Premiership (comfortably) from a Semi-Final in 2003. There was plenty of travel that finals series and like this year, we only had one game at the Gabba.

2003 Finals Series

Qualifying Final: Loss to Collingwood at MCG

Semi-Final: Win over Adelaide at Gabba

Prelim Final: Win over Sydney Telstra Stadium in Sydney

Grand Final: Win over Collingwood at MCG

We can win it this year if we are good enough. I’m starting to believe!

Last edited:
carlton suck but bring 4 extra players every week might make it spicy

Yup, the umps will be looking to help them win like the prelim. So wasting chances in front of goal cannot be a thing. Accurate kicking will be utterly vital if we win like I believe we will.

I hope Brisbane members and supporters fill the Gabba this time unlike the prelim last year where it felt like a Carlton home game

It felt that way bcos the AFL allotted them 14k tickets. That's basically half the gabba. I don't think they'll be getting that many this time.

2003 Finals Series

Qualifying Final: Loss to Collingwood at MCG

Semi-Final: Win over Adelaide at Gabba

Prelim Final: Win over Sydney Telstra Stadium in Sydney

Grand Final: Win over Collingwood at MCG

We can win it this year if we are good enough. I’m starting to believe!
We can not afford to lose a game like our 2003 Premiership side. :eek:

We looked in all sorts of trouble in that 2003 Prelim at 3/4 time... we then came out in the 4th and blitzed the Swans.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We looked in all sorts of trouble in that 2003 Prelim at 3/4 time... we then came out in the 4th and blitzed the Swans.:D
Besides Grand Finals, that final quarter would be one of my favourite quarters of all time. That early 2000s team was rightly called the “Road Warriors”.

Hopefully Payne comes in for Joyce.

Also, I know he ****ed up big time against the Pies but have a feeling that Zac Bailey is going to have a monster game very soon.

This is ugly viewing.

If we can turn this around, we should be right. We need a ‘Goal Whisperer’ at the club this week.

“We looked in all sorts of trouble in that 2003 Prelim at 3/4 time... we then came out in the 4th and blitzed the Swans”

Martin Pike.
Got the ‘well done’ phone call from Leigh Matthews after he came off in the 4th.

Ash McGrath's goal from the centre of that Olympic ground is forever etched in my memory from that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back