Unofficial Preview Elimination Final Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure how he'd get off it though but Carlton has pretty much got every player suspended off via their gun KC and Higgins wasn't concussed so I'll expect him to play

I suspect he’ll get off on appeal when they show it side by side vs. Jones’ tackle that they deemed to be a fine.

I suspect he’ll get off on appeal when they show it side by side vs. Jones’ tackle that they deemed to be a fine.
Nah, different to Jones tackle. Owies had 2 arms pinned which has been flagged as the trigger for suspension. Only Dangerfield got off this one legitimately at the tribunal (Charlie & Bedford both got off on legal technicality).

They may still find a way to argue the impact was low and he gets off, but not in comparison to Jones.

Can only assume should we win our final that our match in Sydney against either NSW team will be on the Saturday night (14 September) or twilight timelsot allowing us to get home on the Saturday night to get ready for our Saturday PF 😉
That would be way too fair and make way too much sense.

It's no chance.

We can not afford to lose a game like our 2003 Premiership side. :eek:

We looked in all sorts of trouble in that 2003 Prelim at 3/4 time... we then came out in the 4th and blitzed the Swans.:D

I remember it well.

I was there.

Even with us holding a narrow lead at 3/4 time, the Swans were full of running and we looked cooked.

That last quarter was one of the most inspirational quarters in the club's history. The entire team lifted in a collective huge effort and ended up winning comfortably and against all the odds

Just magnificent

Then went on in the GF to totally smash the Pies into oblivion, a game which I was also privileged to see in the flesh.

Great memories

Last edited:
I remember it well.

I was there.

Even with us holding a narrow lead at 3/4 time, the Swans were full of running and we looked cooked.

That last quarter was one of the most inspirational quarters in the club's history. The entire team lifted in a collective huge effort and ended up winning comfortably and against all the odds

Just magnificent

Then went on in the GF to totally smash the Pies into oblivion, a game which I was also privileged to see in the flesh.

Great memories

Ditto, on both counts.

I distinctly remember being strangely confident at three quarter time though, contrary to a lot of other supporters.

Even at a finals game, Sydney supporters were clueless - telling their players to "kick it over" when lining up for goal. 🙄

Was it just about Tim Notting's worst game for the club, too? 🤔

Also remember telling my footy mate on the way home after the PF that we were home in the GF, with Rocca suspended.

How sweet the GF was.

Seeing the Collingwood supporters crying in their seats after the final siren is, to this day, just about my favourite memory following football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ditto, on both counts.

I distinctly remember being strangely confident at three quarter time though, contrary to a lot of other supporters.

Even at a finals game, Sydney supporters were clueless - telling their players to "kick it over" when lining up for goal. 🙄

Was it just about Tim Notting's worst game for the club, too? 🤔

Also remember telling my footy mate on the way home after the PF that we were home in the GF, with Rocca suspended.

How sweet the GF was.

Seeing the Collingwood supporters crying in their seats after the final siren is, to this day, just about my favourite memory following football.
Oh ok 👌 Why not?

Hey Phil,

I don’t think Gardiner would get a game in our team, because the forward line is well stocked. I also don’t believe you would play Adams and Payne in the same team. Kiddy slots straight back in though.

Based on who we have, available, and who we are likely to get back, I think our best defensive line up is

FB: Starcevich, Payne, Lester
HB: Zorko, Andrews, Wilmot

This is pretty formidable. Prior or Answerth on the bench rotating through helps.
Don't quite understand why Gardiner has a problem with getting a game because the forward line is stacked. He's a competent defender.

Don't quite understand why Gardiner has a problem with getting a game because the forward line is stacked. He's a competent defender.
:thumbsu: If all 3 are fit and firing Doedee > Gardiner > Lester, all 3 very good options though.

Coleman, Zorko and Doedee would be an elite distribution trio by foot out of the back half, can not shut down all 3.

i dont understand this.
Says he's been back to full training for 3 weeks, his knee is structurally sound, and Blues staff have only let him ramp up his training because he's ticking off strength markers of a usual ACL recovery

Fagan preferred others ahead of him in defence and had re-branded him for the much vaunted "Gunston Role" up forward at the start of the year, if you remember.

Vossy is a hard nut and wants his played to be physical and is a competitive beast.

With Carlton I always feel that winning the game is their goal, but if they lose they want to have left us knowing all about it. Basically, I get nervous about the injuries we have after playing then.

Had anyone been able to work out the ticket prices for the first final?

Couple of kids want to pay their own way but need to know how much.
If it's similar to what the other finals prices are, it should be $10 - $35 for a junior ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back