Unofficial Preview Elimination Final Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The tribunal has upheld Matt Owies ban. He won't feature in Carlton's lineup against us.

Wait no, they're now arguing it should be downgraded to a fine using exceptional circumstances. Go home Carlton

And lo and behold, it failed. He's banned for our elimination final. Unless they decide to appeal, which knowing Carlton they will

Yep, they will appeal for sure.
Nearly 10 days to go until the game so why not have a swing at Appeals board as well.

The tribunal has upheld Matt Owies ban. He won't feature in Carlton's lineup against us.
Carlton haven't announced their appealing the decision with 50 minutes after they're required to file their appeal. Looking likely they've accepted Owies ban and he won't feature in their lineup.

Carlton haven't announced their appealing the decision with 50 minutes after they're required to file their appeal. Looking likely they've accepted Owies ban and he won't feature in their lineup.
They haven’t even offered him a contract for beyond next year and have refused any overtures from his management about 25 and beyond which is an interesting stance for a player in your best 23. Carlton clearly want to explore all its options before re-contracting him and must be disappointing for the player.

Tickets sorted.
bit of , here we go when the window opened .
Couldn't get tickets. said something wrong.
So went back to the start and yes it put me in the queue , which the first time I obviously wasn't in.
No worries even though I had 5000 in front of me.
Even got the mates ticket as he was having trouble at 11:00 with priority 2 .
It's not as kaotic as I used to be , after what 5 years of finals.
Front row 225 section on the fence.
Hopefully everyone else is in.

Interesting Ticketmaster seems to have closed this loophole from previous years, where you could be waiting on multiple browsers/devices.

Smart, altho belated.

View attachment 2094359
Me too.
I assume it is because your phone/laptop/tablet and PC are using the same modem and IP address.
Be it at home or work.
Next time GF tickets ;) turn off mobile phone wifi connections temporarily and that should put you on the mobile network.
I think that should work to have two devices working for you.

Last year i had to do this to get tickets as Ticketmaster blocked me saying i was a bot when using my PC.

When getting tickets for the next final in 2023 i temporally disabled all my extensions on my PC and that worked regarding being a bot same as today.

Any Melbourne based fans - what pubs (other than the Royal Derby) are good to head to watch the match?
My mate has blacklisted the Royal Derby on match days after a debacle for one of the finals last year, where there was a queue of over 45 mins to get a drink… people standing in queues for the entire 1st & 2nd quarters.

Maybe they get another go in 2025!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tickets sorted.
bit of , here we go when the window opened .
Couldn't get tickets. said something wrong.
So went back to the start and yes it put me in the queue , which the first time I obviously wasn't in.
No worries even though I had 5000 in front of me.
Even got the mates ticket as he was having trouble at 11:00 with priority 2 .
It's not as kaotic as I used to be , after what 5 years of finals.
Front row 225 section on the fence.
Hopefully everyone else is in.

Yep.

Worked it out (eventually)

Needed to scroll down to click on the second "member upgrade" and THEN it gave me two tickets.

A year between drinks with this stuff always challenges my already faulty memory

Interesting Ticketmaster seems to have closed this loophole from previous years, where you could be waiting on multiple browsers/devices.

Smart, altho belated.

View attachment 2094359
That sucks!
I got tickets for Hawthorn vs WB this morning in Ticketek. Queue position 9000 on my laptop, 8000 on my phone, 1000 on the ipad.
May ticketek remain a crappy operation for a little longer!

Any Melbourne based fans - what pubs (other than the Royal Derby) are good to head to watch the match?
My mate has blacklisted the Royal Derby on match days after a debacle for one of the finals last year, where there was a queue of over 45 mins to get a drink… people standing in queues for the entire 1st & 2nd quarters.

The Rose in Fitzroy is a great pub to watch footy at but you do have to book.

The qualifying final last year was packed at the derby but was a super fun night - just had to get their early and drink quickly before the crowd turned up!

Me too.
I assume it is because your phone/laptop/tablet and PC are using the same modem and IP address.
Be it at home or work.
Next time GF tickets ;) turn off mobile phone wifi connections temporarily and that should put you on the mobile network.
I think that should work to have two devices working for you.

Last year i had to do this to get tickets as Ticketmaster blocked me saying i was a bot when using my PC.

When getting tickets for the next final in 2023 i temporally disabled all my extensions on my PC and that worked regarding being a bot same as today.
I think it's more to do with the fact you have to be logged in now before you can join the queue. So you can only be logged in at one place at any point in time. I don't think that was the case previously: I think you only had to log in when you went to pay.

But you make an interesting point... I might try that if we make it past week 1.

The Rose in Fitzroy is a great pub to watch footy at but you do have to book.

The qualifying final last year was packed at the derby but was a super fun night - just had to get their early and drink quickly before the crowd turned up!
Totally agree, was great fun last year! We’ll certainly be back, just need a little water to pass under the bridge for a slightly high maintenance mate. 😁

Birmingham Hotel,Fox Hotel,Lord Newry,The Empress Hotel,The Union Club,Clifton Hill Brewpub,The Standard Hotel,Seccos Bar,Stone Hotel

That sucks!
I got tickets for Hawthorn vs WB this morning in Ticketek. Queue position 9000 on my laptop, 8000 on my phone, 1000 on the ipad.
May ticketek remain a crappy operation for a little longer!
With Ticketek tickets, often there's a little number at the bottom of them and it tells you what number buyer you are, ie how many tickets have been sold before yours. I'd be interested to know what yours was... People seem to think there will be 90k at that game. Given the 2 teams involved, I'd be surprised, but I guess you never know...

With Ticketek tickets, often there's a little number at the bottom of them and it tells you what number buyer you are, ie how many tickets have been sold before yours. I'd be interested to know what yours was... People seem to think there will be 90k at that game. Given the 2 teams involved, I'd be surprised, but I guess you never know...
Just had a look at my Broncos tickets for this Friday and it's under "Pax No."

This is MCC members - i’ve no idea if they split up the pax number by allocation - MCC / AFL / Club member etc.

There’s a lot of enthusiasm for the game, Friday night match, only game in Melbourne, 2 teams good to watch. Plenty of interest from neutrals.

I think it's more to do with the fact you have to be logged in now before you can join the queue. So you can only be logged in at one place at any point in time. I don't think that was the case previously: I think you only had to log in when you went to pay.

But you make an interesting point... I might try that if we make it past week 1.
You could be correct.
Worth a try to find out.

This is MCC members - i’ve no idea if they split up the pax number by allocation - MCC / AFL / Club member etc.

There’s a lot of enthusiasm for the game, Friday night match, only game in Melbourne, 2 teams good to watch. Plenty of interest from neutrals.
Yeah I'd definitely go if I was in Melbourne! Yeah not sure about the MCC members thing... I'd have thought it would be a single count, not split up or anything. Maybe you just got in super early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back