Unofficial Preview Elimination Final Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And whether we do and will is the million dollar question which I’m still not convinced.

I kind of feel like we’ll thrash them and make a statement or get beaten well having not mentally overcome that 7 day period of losing to the Giants and Pies.
But we beat Essendon last week after those two games.
Game never in doubt v Bombers even without scoring a goal in the last quarter.

But i agree with you and a lot of posters in that we should win if switched on but will we.

But we beat Essendon last week after those two games.
Game never in doubt v Bombers even without scoring a goal in the last quarter.

But i agree with you and a lot of posters in that we should win if switched on but will we.
I don't think it was ever in doubt we'd lose to Essendon no matter how poorly we played. Certainly did our best in the last quarter but I didn't think it ever looked like we'd lose.

We should, but this team doesn't always follow through and capitalise in games with the talent we have. This group can honestly achieve anything and I can't bare to think of this list not winning a premiership after at least 6 consecutive years of contending.
I'm happy as long as we keep contending and feel confident we will win one in the end. If we don't win a premiership through this period I'll be disappointed.
I don't have any expectation we'll win it this year, but there's still a chance if we play our best football. I think we're also highly dependent on Payne coming back and playing good footy (obviously he doesn't kick the goals).

We've done incredibly well to recover from where we were early in the season, and have been derailed by injuries at various stages - Kiddy being the obvious one, the backline being the next one. Linc and Gardner's injuries provided opportunity for young guys, but we have missed those experience players when the young guys started to struggle.

For me in this season, if we beat Carlton then I can walk away from the season with some satisfaction. Anything more is a bonus.

Last edited:
I'm happy as long as we keep contenting and feel confident we will win one in the end. If we don't win a premiership through this period I'll be disappointed.
I don't have any expectation we'll win it this year, but there's still a chance if we play our best football. I think we're also highly dependent on Payne coming back and playing good footy (obviously he doesn't kick the goals).

We've done incredibly well to recover from where we were early in the season, and have been derailed by injuries at various stages - Kiddy being the obvious one, the backline being the next one. Linc and Gardner's injuries provided opportunity for young guys, but we have missed those experience players when the young guys started to struggle.

For me in this season, if we beat Carlton then I can walk away from the season with some satisfaction. Anything more is a bonus.
I agree, If we can at least beat Carlton and we go down and get eliminated by either Sydney or the Giants in the semi final in a tight, hard fought contest I'd be upset but I would consider that a pass for us considering our key injuries and finishing 5th.

I'm happy as long as we keep contenting and feel confident we will win one in the end. If we don't win a premiership through this period I'll be disappointed.

Agree, barring an horrific injury run we will be a better side next season IMO.

Kiddy is a huge in for 2025 and who knows how good Levi will be straight up.

Seems like ticketing must have been a debacle everywhere based off of this. I don't understand how Ticketmaster / Ticketek system's are so bad and not just for AFL but in gereral.

Because they have a monopoly. Where else are you going to get tickets from

I get that there is a lot of optimism in this thread but I need to temper it a bit with the findings of some research and analysis I’ve been doing over the past week.

So in finals it comes down to the best 8 teams playing the best 8 teams. And in elimination finals for teams 5 to 8 there is no tomorrow. These are the big games that we are interested in.

So for the last 10 years there have been 20 elimination finals and from those elimination finals there have been 20 winners and 20 losers. It just shows you how close our competition is in big elimination finals. It’s 50/50.

I get that there is a lot of optimism in this thread but I need to temper it a bit with the findings of some research and analysis I’ve been doing over the past week.

So in finals it comes down to the best 8 teams playing the best 8 teams. And in elimination finals for teams 5 to 8 there is no tomorrow. These are the big games that we are interested in.

So for the last 10 years there have been 20 elimination finals and from those elimination finals there have been 20 winners and 20 losers. It just shows you how close our competition is in big elimination finals. It’s 50/50.

Heavy is the crown, King.

Not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight now knowing this information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow when ya say it like that.....

Startling statistics.
icegif-213.gif

I’d never seen this before, so went looking and found it. This is 3 years old. It would make my week if there was evidence that he rolls with this every finals series!

We won’t be giving them a five goal start.

Man that has some moments in it. Some maybe iffy frees for some of those early goals to them. Then Weitering getting smashed by 3 different opponents. Goals from McKenna and Lester (and could have been Gardiner) massive when defenders get on the end of it. Actually few highlights in there showing how good McKenna was last year and why our coaches keep trying to get him firing again.

Another thing showing how massive Linc was. He was involved in so many highlights, both setting up and finishing off goals

I’d never seen this before, so went looking and found it. This is 3 years old. It would make my week if there was evidence that he rolls with this every finals series!

Smaaart!

It's uncanny how many times we've played Carlton in finals over the years in the AFL. The Bears' first final was against Carlton in 1995, as was their 3rd, in 1996. Then played in 1999, 2000, 2009 and last year. Next Saturday will be #7, out of a total of 38 finals.

It's uncanny how many times we've played Carlton in finals over the years in the AFL. The Bears' first final was against Carlton in 1995, as was their 3rd, in 1996. Then played in 1999, 2000, 2009 and last year. Next Saturday will be #7, out of a total of 38 finals.
It's remarkable when you consider that it took until 2018 for Richmond to play Hawthorn in a final for the first time.

Seems like ticketing must have been a debacle everywhere based off of this. I don't understand how Ticketmaster / Ticketek system's are so bad and not just for AFL but in gereral.

The platform is far from user friendly.

After entering barcode(s) , you are left to your own devices to figure out what comes next

I probably sound like an old dinosaur but it took me ages to work out that after you upgrade one ticket , you have to scroll down the page to upgrade the second ticket.

As if you would enter 2 barcodes and decide to upgrade one seat and not the other.

Then there is the mysterious "something went wrong" message which means you have to join the fue again

Very messy

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back