Autopsy Elimination Final: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a televised apology similar to that of major disaster announcements to be held at midday tomorrow to Ben Lennon and his family from the Richmond football club. I have a brain damaged dog, I love him him but he's simple. Whoever the f**ck decided it was a good idea to drop a young talent building his form and bring in a very underdone Griffiths would lose a game of chess to my dog. Forget the fact the he's brain damaged, he's a f**king dog and has no concept of anything other than food. So f**k you selectors, f**k you Richmond, f**k you umpires, f**k you Kangaroos and f**k you football. I'm going to find a new sport and pick the best team and enjoy some premierships because it's not happening at this club. If this planet explodes tonight, it was me, I did it.

Brilliant.. sums it up eloquently!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I've been inconsolable since last night, watching that game today just made me feel for the diehard tiger fans out there. What is it with our clubs and breaking hearts in finals. Got no interest in the rest of finals after you guys were knocked out. Sincere condolences, it can be a prick of a game football.
I've been inconsolable since last night, watching that game today just made me feel for the diehard tiger fans out there. What is it with our clubs and breaking hearts in finals. Got no interest in the rest of finals after you guys were knocked out. Sincere condolences, it can be a prick of a game football.
Thanks appreciate that

:( really wanted you guys to finally crack one.

Couple of thoughts:

- Faith in Dimma. I think you need to hold it. He's turned the club into an onfield force, and while it hasn't paid off in September yet getting there is half the battle.
- The bottom six. The Griffiths call was baffling when Lloyd had played so well.
- The umpiring. :(

Stick fat. Top 4 wide open next year, and I truly believe one or two more pieces (read Treloar hopefully) will get you there.

I think this weekend proves that a soft draw costs you come finals ReaperX

We had a soft draw during the season and got sent packing, you had a soft draw for finals and suffered the same fate. Beating the easy teams like Norf counts for something in the grand scheme of things as we have found out today.

It's seems the only way were gonna not be sent out of finals week one is if we make the four.

Bring on another year of us being laughed at regardless of how our H&A form is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your good players - the TOP players at the club - play well in Finals. So who are they?

Riewoldt
Rance
Martin
Miles

Maybe Grimes, K-Mac, Vickery did reasonably. And - shock, horror, the old bloke Newman was fine under finals pressure.

However - Cotchin has had two bad finals in a row, Ellis is soft in normal H&A games - he was terrible today. Absolutely found out under pressure (Houli - everyone's favorite 'softie' - was OK). Batch had a shocker. Deledio - just invisible.

I think this weekend proves that a soft draw costs you come finals ReaperX

We had a soft draw during the season and got sent packing, you had a soft draw for finals and suffered the same fate. Beating the easy teams like Norf counts for something in the grand scheme of things as we have found out today.

It's a match-up thing for mine.

We play Adelaide and you play North, and both our teams are into Semi's in my opinion.

You don't match up well against Adelaide, and quite frankly we are North's bitches when it comes to their talls, who have dominated us for many many years, and also Harvey, who completely and utterly belts us every time we go against him.

Can't wait for that little ****stain to retire.

I don't usually blame the umpires but heck me did that non holding the ball decision changed the whole momentum of the game.

Just stay away from the main board trolls guys

In the second half we had no run. All we did was kick long to a contest every time we had possession.
Something that has bugged me all season is the fact that we kick long down the boundary to contests, even though we are 1- not a great contested marking team and 2- not a great clearance team.
I'm gonna try not to melt too much, but here's some criticism of individuals:

Chaplin is a decent defender when he is third man up or running at the ball. He is also a decent field kick for a big defender. However, he is close to hopeless when he is parked under the ball and has to wait for it. When the forward arrives late to a contest he nearly alway gets out marked. Not even going to start on that contest he lost against Nahas.

Newman has been a champion of the club and has had an ok season but doesn't get involved enough and we will be better with him out of the best 22.

Hunt
i suppose you can make a case that he does his role for the side however surely there is a better option out there to play what is arguable one of the easiest roles on a football field. Yes he is quick and he is hard but he is too small and his disposal at pace is terrible. I have no idea what has given him the confidence to try and run at defenders and break tackles as I have never seen him beat one 1-1 yet every game he seems to give up at least one free from exactly that. As a clear member of the bottom 6 of best 22 why was he given a 2 year extension? Needs to be upgraded and there is surely a better player who could do his role.

Griffiths- I like him but he needs to get more involved and do more around the ground. Isn't damaging enough as a forward and doesn't take many contested marks around the ground for a bloke that size. I'd like to see McBean in for him next season as I think he will at least take a defender and has a good goal sense.

Cotchin, Deledio, Edwards- these guys just went missing today.

Martin-
I love the guy but I've been critical of his disposal and decision making all season. How many times today did he bomb it 60 metres to a 2-1 contest? He also needs to stop kicking across his body at every opportunity and try to 1- straighten up for a drop punt and 2- lower the eyes and look for the 30 metre pass instead of the bomb.

Bachelor-
Waite dominated him today and I blame the coaches before I blame Bach. Waite is too quick and good overhead for him, Grimes should have played on him and I think Grimes would've beaten him in quite a few of those marks he kicked goals from as he is better overhead.

That's gonna be the end of my rant, I'm just so disappointed that the instruction didn't go out at 3qt to stop bombing to contests and that we didn't man up the Kansas spare man which to me sitting in the stands was so crystal clear that was why we were beaten.

Shattering that after what was a great season it is just over so quickly.

I know it's no consolation, but I'd be amazed if the season wasn't over for the ump that didn't make that holing the ball call as well. Big calls like that in big games need to be made. That ump had no courage and not the sort of ump you want in a prelim or Grand final.

What was the verdict on the main board or dons board about the umpiring today?
I only saw second half and have a patch over one eye.
I actually haven't been on the dons board mate so not sure.

And i didn't see the whole game but the missed holding the ball decision at the end looked pretty bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Elimination Final: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back