VFL Richmond vs North Melbourne - Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the Bachar Houli academy is a legit "zone" or whatever that we can claim like the Swans bullshit academy. Could be wrong but I don't thnk it gives us first dibs.
we can get him with the same crap we got colina and soldo with cant we ?

You overlook deficiencies early days if they've got a bunch of elite traits to work with but Bradke just hasn't shown anything to say he'll be a strong contested marking KPF. I reckon he has a crack and is getting the best out of himself but gee you'd like to see him ragdoll a few blokes a clunk some pack marks semi-regularly at his size.

I championed Miller for ages. He's got rare athletic attributes but he just hasn't got that combative instinct you need. It's like he doesn't realise he's a tank, plays like he's 75kg.
Was frustrating how many times he went up with just the one arm.

Pretty sure they said yesterday during the game that our game will be their televised game on Sunday.
That would be same time as the AFL game as we play Port at 1230pm which would be interesting.

Unless they do the VFL at 320 after the AFL game? That would be a good double header on the Sunday to watch.

That would be same time as the AFL game as we play Port at 1230pm which would be interesting.

Unless they do the VFL at 320 after the AFL game? That would be a good double header on the Sunday to watch.
I guess the vfl finals fixture is set in stone way before the afl who only announced it 2 weeks ago.

Bradtke and Miller biggest disappointments from yesterday.

Imo Miller has had plenty of chances, not up to it. He continually went up one handed yesterday. I think he may have a year left on his contract.

Bradtke , has had some injuries and it’s his first year in the system, BUT hes shown very little, hardly a glimpse of being an AFL player. How long do you persevere? I’d delist, just doesn’t seem to have any AFL traits

Both have shown much better form than yesterday this season, in Miller's case in the AFL at times.

Whilst I agree they both looked poor yesterday, it is one game and I wouldn't be making list decisions based solely on that. I would definitely stick with Miller, he is useful depth in a number of positions. Bradtke I share some of your concerns but would still give him another year to see what he can do after a full pre-season and a year in the system.

Both have shown much better form than yesterday this season, in Miller's case in the AFL at times.

Whilst I agree they both looked poor yesterday, it is one game and I wouldn't be making list decisions based solely on that. I would definitely stick with Miller, he is useful depth in a number of positions. Bradtke I share some of your concerns but would still give him another year to see what he can do after a full pre-season and a year in the system.
In Millers case, he’s shown a little bit at AFL level as 2nd ruck, nothing as a kpf or kpd . His efforts in contested marking contests are really soft. He’s continually beaten one on one.
So do we want to stick with a guy that is a handy second ruck at 197 but offers nothing as a kpp. I reckon we can do better.

Bradtke I just don’t see an AFL player. The preseason write up was that he was athletic. But I haven’t seen that at VFL level. And if he’s going to try and compete using size/muscle then that won’t cut it at AFL level ( doesn’t work at VFL level for him).

On the positive side we have a very promising talent in Bauer who has plenty of AFL traits and still very positive about Ryan

In Millers case, he’s shown a little bit at AFL level as 2nd ruck, nothing as a kpf or kpd . His efforts in contested marking contests are really soft. He’s continually beaten one on one.
So do we want to stick with a guy that is a handy second ruck at 197 but offers nothing as a kpp. I reckon we can do better.

Bradtke I just don’t see an AFL player. The preseason write up was that he was athletic. But I haven’t seen that at VFL level. And if he’s going to try and compete using size/muscle then that won’t cut it at AFL level ( doesn’t work at VFL level for him).

On the positive side we have a very promising talent in Bauer who has plenty of AFL traits and still very positive about Ryan

If multiple people who worked with him describe Bradtke as athletic, I think you can take it as a given he is athletic. Which I think means he is quick. What we haven't seen though is good agility. But I would just like to reserve any final judgement until another full year down the track. Players can look miles off it then suddenly they catch up and it is all down to having the tank to compete at your best. I have liked certain things I have seen from Bradtke this season and in particular he had a great patch mid season where he fought tigerishly for every ball. One more year for me.

Miller
is tracking below where you would want him to be to nail a spot down. But he seems just below it in a range of positions, ruck, key forward and key defence. He got involved in some pretty significant plays in the AFL and VFL teams at times and I think we can stick with him while he keeps showing improvement. Definitely doesn't look like being "the answer" for us in any role, but handy depth is fine.

If multiple people who worked with him describe Bradtke as athletic, I think you can take it as a given he is athletic. Which I think means he is quick. What we haven't seen though is good agility. But I would just like to reserve any final judgement until another full year down the track. Players can look miles off it then suddenly they catch up and it is all down to having the tank to compete at your best. I have liked certain things I have seen from Bradtke this season and in particular he had a great patch mid season where he fought tigerishly for every ball. One more year for me.

Miller
is tracking below where you would want him to be to nail a spot down. But he seems just below it in a range of positions, ruck, key forward and key defence. He got involved in some pretty significant plays in the AFL and VFL teams at times and I think we can stick with him while he keeps showing improvement. Definitely doesn't look like being "the answer" for us in any role, but handy depth is fine.
Miller contracted for 2024, so looking like he’ll be there next year.
Not sure what Bradkes contractual situation as a rookie.

Miller
Hope you are right and there is some merit in having a tank and it translating into good form. At this point KB looks absolutely miles off it.

I don’t understand why Miller isn’t in defense where he lit up the VFL last year
He aint a forwards arseh*le

We definitely should be signing up Yassine, he reminds me Rankine
Yassine is worth a spot but Mykelti Lefau is the big lightening fast hard hitting inside mid we have always needed and wanted 195cm 100kg beast who has 100cm vertical leap to boot ffs they better get him on the list . Did kick 25 goals in an under 19 match apparently .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miller contracted for 2024, so looking like he’ll be there next year.
Not sure what Bradkes contractual situation as a rookie.

Bradtke is out of contract after this season. No other clubs will be queueing up to make him offers. So we will get away with a 1 year minimum salary deal if the club wants to have another look at him.

Other players out of scrip this year:

Nyuon - might be struggling for another deal, but in the absence of viable alternatives maybe scrapes a 1 year deal.

HugoRalph - seems to have tapered badly as the season has gotten towards the end, but played too much AFL footy for a young player to suggest delisting is on the cards. Trade or more likely 1 year deal.

Graham - I am sure the club will be open to reasonable trade offers, if not definitely another deal, or has he hit a trigger? So maybe he goes one more year minimum no matter what.

Reiwoldt - retired

Cotchin - retired

Tarrant - retired

Castagna - retired

McIntosh - hit a trigger as well? Similar situation to graham I think.

Pickett - definitely another one year deal, but will be 32 to start next season. Get him 21 more games if possible to qualify for f/s.

Colina - Cat B Rookie period maybe expiring? If his body has a realistic chance to cope then a 1 year deal to see what he can do on a full pre-season. Hoping he gets right because I think he might really surprise a few people.

Mansell - Modest 2 year deal for me. Want people like him at our club.

Campbell
- if he was worth recruiting then he is worth re-signing for another year at least.

Dow - 1 year deal.

Trezise - 1 year deal

4 retirees, but Trezise has already replaced Castagna and Colina could replace one of the others. So in the absence of players being traded out, we will need to delist a couple.

Bradtke is out of contract after this season. No other clubs will be queueing up to make him offers. So we will get away with a 1 year minimum salary deal if the club wants to have another look at him.

Other players out of scrip this year:

Nyuon - might be struggling for another deal, but in the absence of viable alternatives maybe scrapes a 1 year deal.

HugoRalph - seems to have tapered badly as the season has gotten towards the end, but played too much AFL footy for a young player to suggest delisting is on the cards. Trade or more likely 1 year deal.

Graham - I am sure the club will be open to reasonable trade offers, if not definitely another deal, or has he hit a trigger? So maybe he goes one more year minimum no matter what.

Reiwoldt - retired

Cotchin - retired

Tarrant - retired

Castagna - retired

McIntosh - hit a trigger as well? Similar situation to graham I think.

Pickett - definitely another one year deal, but will be 32 to start next season. Get him 21 more games if possible to qualify for f/s.

Colina - Cat B Rookie period maybe expiring? If his body has a realistic chance to cope then a 1 year deal to see what he can do on a full pre-season. Hoping he gets right because I think he might really surprise a few people.

Mansell - Modest 2 year deal for me. Want people like him at our club.

Campbell - if he was worth recruiting then he is worth re-signing for another year at least.

Dow - 1 year deal.

Trezise - 1 year deal

4 retirees, but Trezise has already replaced Castagna and Colina could replace one of the others. So in the absence of players being traded out, we will need to delist a couple.
Off our young players, keepers for me are
Gibcus
Clarke
Sonsie
Brown
Sonsie
Ryan
Banks
Bauer
Ross
Cumberland
Mansell
Young
Tresize
Smith, Campbell, coulthard ( barely seen)

Don’t rate and would try and move on

Miller ( replace with a kpd/kpf that gives more in the air)
Bradtke
Biggie
Dow ( disposal will be forever an issue)

Off our young players, keepers for me are
Gibcus
Clarke
Sonsie
Brown
Sonsie
Ryan
Banks
Bauer
Ross
Cumberland
Mansell
Young
Tresize
Smith, Campbell, coulthard ( barely seen)

Don’t rate and would try and move on

Miller ( replace with a kpd/kpf that gives more in the air)
Bradtke
Biggie
Dow ( disposal will be forever an issue)

Interesting in Morris' post match presser with the one man press gallery Brenton "we hope to see you there" Mann, Morris pointed out Bauer profited a lot from a favourable match-up that was created by the presence of Ryan and Miller who he described as "imposing key forwards" at this level.

I do think at times it can be deceptive trying to rate forwards, and we tend to over-rate those who get a lot of the ball or a lot of goals. I know this from even my playing days. I played key forward at times, often in tandem with one of two players. One of them seemed impressive from a distance, kicked a lot of goals, say 4 average per match. The other kicked 1-2 per match and from a distance didn't seem anywhere near as good(I played full back in my first few years.) When I played next to the two of them I could see really clearly the guy who averaged 1-2 goals per game was by far the better player of the two. He made all the players around him better. The other guy just made himself look good.

So when Morris says things like that, I get it.

Interesting in Morris' post match presser with the one man press gallery Brenton "we hope to see you there" Mann, Morris pointed out Bauer profited a lot from a favourable match-up that was created by the presence of Ryan and Miller who he described as "imposing key forwards" at this level.

I do think at times it can be deceptive trying to rate forwards, and we tend to over-rate those who get a lot of the ball or a lot of goals. I know this from even my playing days. I played key forward at times, often in tandem with one of two players. One of them seemed impressive from a distance, kicked a lot of goals, say 4 average per match. The other kicked 1-2 per match and from a distance didn't seem anywhere near as good(I played full back in my first few years.) When I played next to the two of them I could see really clearly the guy who averaged 1-2 goals per game was by far the better player of the two. He made all the players around him better. The other guy just made himself look good.

So when Morris says things like that, I get it.
👍
Did listen to that and had a bit of a chuckle, reckon Morris recognises what a talent Bauer is but at the same time recognises he has some parts of his game to improve. Think he said something along the lines of Bauer not lacking confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Richmond vs North Melbourne - Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back