Toast Elimination Final vs Doggies Review - How The Heck Did We Win That?

Remove this Banner Ad

174d86895d5733c55b3002fe85acecd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Naughton looks like he should be playing the goofy jock on the cast of Saved by the Bell. Cut your hair mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a game.
I started watching at 1/4 time live then watched the 1st 1/4 on replay - can recommend :) .

1st 1/4 we had our chances but didn't take them and the Bullies took theirs, plus the umpires looked like they were overcompensating for home ground noise - they had a poor night and didn't handle the occasion at all well, learn and grow as they say.

Half way into the 2nd qtr and, as Billy Butcher would say, it was looking " F$#%^g diabolical", but cometh the hour, cometh the fwd, Sonny got the ball rolling and we were away.

Anyway,
The backs - An absolute unit of a Unit. Just a wall, none of the dog's fwds looked like threatening apart from bont and he got locked down as well. Pearce, Young, Chapman, Ryan and Cox exceptional.
Fwds - Walters brilliant, commentators were saying 25 goals from 11? finals before today, now 28 from 12, Warrior confirmed.
- Amiss- 6 marks, could have had 4 goals and just did fwd things. Lobb stayed strong.
Mids - Brayshaw and Serong were brilliant, I don't think there is anyone quicker at getting the ball to boot than Serong, left or right. Brayshaw immense.
Thought big Sean's game was one of his best this year, really competed and jumped well at centre bounce.
Acres 2 way running was great, I'm often perplexed by Blake but his defensive efforts and his ability to keep good width for outlets was great.
I'm surprised Noddy only got the 11 possessions but his goal was worth another 10.

A great experience for the team and to dig themselves out of the hole was amazing to watch.

Bullies
  • They managed to block or deflect a lot of our handballs in the 1st qtr, looks like they did some homework there.
  • I'm glad Smith and Treloar can't kick.

Not going to lie - that win was special... Having been a supporter from day 1 - I didn't expect us to show the grit, tenacity and perseverance we showed tonight.

After being overseas for over two years - I finally got back and have been watching OBYB and just general Freo stuff - I think the biggest success has been the way the club has developed with regards to culture and attitude. The boys love playing, the boys love each other and are putting the club before anything else.

Watching Wilsons interview during the week after his signing - he put a lot of praise on the players that were getting games before him and to me that speaks volumes...

Serong for Captain - Sorry Andy (MV)B

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Elimination Final vs Doggies Review - How The Heck Did We Win That?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back