Review Elimination Final vs WC - Review

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the criticism of Ken and his structural selections and the criticism on Jonas for being an idiot but on the night, in those four original quarters, if we had kicked straight we would have won the game before extra time. It really is as simple as that, so you just can't say that 'if we played Trengove we would've won' or 'if Jonas played we would've won' because the game would've taken a completely different narrative.

Bad kicking = bad football. We couldn't hit targets and we couldn't hit the goals. Same shit v Adelaide Round 3, West Coast @ Home, Geelong away, Richmond @ Home and today. Cost us our 2017.

First of all guys great game of footy and sorry if any supporters are coming here and trolling, it was sensational game of footy, real finals footy and a real pity that an umpiring call had to decided it. All the best for 2018.
Trolls are part of life mate. Our players trolled us the most anyway. Enjoy the win.

Another embarassing game just like the St. Kilda one. Yes we won that but we were so embarassing and so anti-Port Adelaide. What happened to us, why don't we like attacking anymore? Wtf happened to Chad Wingard? Eagles didn't even wanna win that game and neither did we, was an embarassing scrap, was that the worst final in years? When was the last bad final? Sick of the pathetic skill level and the umpires in these AFL contests, we're watching confused children run lines and pinged every minute for shit rules that come and go.

If we kicked straight we would have won - story of the year. But to me that's like saying if we were better we would have won. Well we aren't better. We can't kick straight. we don't miss shots after carefully lining up and preparing to score, we blaze away without any thought, that's why we kick so many points, not because we're inaccurate but because the shots we take are DUMB, panicked attempts, it's like anyone but Dixon scoring goals is a bonus in this game plan, I don't know what the actual plan is. The footy has been crap this year and that was a crap game, surely I'm not the only one who sees it as a mess.

I get the criticism of Ken and his structural selections and the criticism on Jonas for being an idiot but on the night, in those four original quarters, if we had kicked straight we would have won the game before extra time. It really is as simple as that, so you just can't say that 'if we played Trengove we would've won' or 'if Jonas played we would've won' because the game would've taken a completely different narrative.

Bad kicking = bad football. We couldn't hit targets and we couldn't hit the goals. Same shit v Adelaide Round 3, West Coast @ Home, Geelong away, Richmond @ Home and today. Cost us our 2017.

I think the game would have been the same. You can't change the characteristics of a coach. You can't change Clarkson and Longmire and their characteristics. Coaches shape their team to be who they are.

Yeah, I think they're doing a bit too much of that virtual reality training over the past 2 years.
Trouble is imagine the hammies with your idea.
Not sure about hammies
Would have to ensure stretching and warm ups
It also wouldn't be extra training but changing to this type of correct training
Could even be less stress strain on hammys
But would eradicate jitters and upgrade skills that matter

He hung it on the players that only want to be there to enjoy the AFL lifestyle rather than win a premiership.

Maybe, just maybe, there are other members of the football department that fall into that category (beyond George Costanza cluelessly holding the board for Ken to move his magnets).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things cost us this game

Too much youth and inexperience particularly in the backline in the 1st quarter

Allowing McGovern to take 15 intercept marks

Can I say..Trengove either forward or back would have solved this
Or moved into the ruck when Paddy looked like he couldn't give a toss and played with zero intensity for the majority of the game.

Can we infer from Koch where he says something of the like that 'if you don't follow instructions then we'll trade you' that Trengove hasn't followed instructions?

What the heck is Koch doing by selecting to blame players lock stock and barrel?

I'd like to apologise about the idiots who come on your club's thread to troll. Sadly, there are a few in every club.

Great game. If Shoey hadn't kicked the goal you'd all be ecstatic.

Those last couple of minutes of extra time we played with no composure. Just needed to hold onto the ball and drag West Coast out of our f50 instead of going shelter skelter.
Didn't Ken take his headset off at the start of extra time?. Come to think of it I don't remember seeing him actually talking into it
thru' out the game. Get ready for Melb St Kilda and Essendon to overtake us next year. Ken has plateaued imo.
17 inside 50's in the 3rd qtr for 1 goal 3 behinds wow extend Nick's contract quick before somebody else grabs him.
Voss well FMD the WCE actually look organised around stoppages whereas we blind kick, try to bulldoze a way thru or failing all that
dive on the ball.
Anyway all good the players like Ken and being at PA so what's not to like.

Robbed imo...no free, rolled the tackle up so play on
Being an sa Saint even I'm not looking forward to work on Monday
Crows nuffies were bad enough last week ffs, and the armchair ones are the worst

Trust me I know what it feels like to be Robbed in an important game

We had nearly 50k in our last final v Richmond... port fans just didn't show up
There were 12 thousand Richmond supporters at that game. There would have barely been 2 thousand eagles supporters there last night - probably close to identical number of Port supporters at both games

Just wanted to say Port were definitely the better team last night. The endeavor was there, just the very poor kicking that let the result down. The young players mostly all stood up and look like future players. Bad luck you guys, but keep your chins up, next year looks to be a better one!
John, what the ...? ;)

Huh? It was a bad experience. An embarrassing failure.
No it wasn't, it was intense, exciting etc. yes it was ultimately disappointing, but that's sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Elimination Final vs WC - Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back