Autopsy Embarrassing Dogs smashed by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

In my 42 years of life this was right up there as one of the most pathetic efforts from a team wearing the red, white and blue. What a total embarrassment .. We were absolutely humiliated and smashed by an inferior 22 team of players on paper..

Each time we play them, Beverage let's Grundy and Pendles do whatever they want with little to no resistance. It's getting pathetic now watching it unfold..
And Gardner.... Please... Just dont....

I'd be embarrassed to get paid tonight if I was in the 22

Ratings

Selection 0/10
The Bont 1/10
Coaching 0/10
Endeavour 0/10
Tackling 0/10
English 1/10
Gardner 0/10
Naughton 0/10

And they were the better ratings

This was not even a contest from start to finish. I was bit worried after the Port practice game when we got smashed in the midfield by lot of no names but put it down to just a practice game. They played the same tonight our big three in the midfield hardly touched the ball and got smashed it started there and 52 points flattered us it felt more like a 100 points

Last edited:

Very disappointing compared to what I was expecting.

The bulldogs top 4 possession players (Smith, MacRae, Hunter, Daniel) accumulated a combined 911 metres from 87 disposals @ 10.5 metres per disposal, which produced 9 x score involvements, 0 goal assists and 0 goals.

What is the point of bringing in KPF's & KPD's if they are going to persist with a centre square circle work game plan?

Highly ineffectual football, and the blame must lie with the coach.

Gardner was playing his third game in a team that was smashed in the middle. He's not the reason we lost.

Bont was poor, Smith at 19 was our best mid who at least showed some fight.

Cordy should not be kicking out. I like him but FFS we have 15 blokes in the side that should kick out ahead of him.

can you tell me specifically what you lik
Gardner was playing his third game in a team that was smashed in the middle. He's not the reason we lost.

Bont was poor, Smith at 19 was our best mid who at least showed some fight.

Cordy should not be kicking out. I like him but FFS we have 15 blokes in the side that should kick out ahead of him.

Can you expand on exactly what you like about Cordy?

He's at least one of the few players on our team with a bit of mongrel in him. With Bailey Smith being about the only other, we're in desperate need for someone who might damage an opposition player.

He's at least one of the few players on our team with a bit of mongrel in him. With Bailey Smith being about the only other, we're in desperate need for someone who might damage an opposition player.
Perhaps you need more attributes as a footballer than being someone who "might damage an opposition player".

The whole will we/won’t play, play every 4 days, have 2 months off later thing gives the season a sense of ad hockey which is clearly going to unbalance players. On top of that everyone is feeling a sense of foreboding atm for obvious reasons, which is going to effect evrything. sport Is a triviality, why is everyone getting so upset.

This is the problem. We should be selecting players on ability and performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps you need more attributes as a footballer than being someone who "might damage an opposition player".
Sure, but the question was what was to like about Cordy and I answered it.
This is the problem. We should be selecting players on ability and performance.
You asked a question and I gave you a decent answer. There are lots of problems and Cordy isn't even in our top 10 problems from tonight's game.

Embarrassing
As son as I saw Gardiner in side we were doomed but he is just the start......

Suckling and that Carona bloke maaatteee

He is a genuine competitor who likes to hurt the opposition. As a side we're pretty meek. We need more mongrel

The whole will we/won’t play, play every 4 days, have 2 months off later thing gives the season a sense of ad hockey which is clearly going to unbalance players. On top of that everyone is feeling a sense of foreboding atm for obvious reasons, which is going to effect evrything. sport Is a triviality, why is everyone getting so upset.

None of that seemed to matter to the Pies. They were prepared, ready to go, had intensity, generated their own enthusiasm. We showed nothing as a club. Embarrassing is too kind.

Not so much about tonight’s game cos he was not near our worst but that’s just not enough to be an automatic selection.
He isn't, but it's all on our mids tonight

Really fair comment.

For me it was just a hope of positive distraction. Alas not to be

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ratings

Selection 0/10
The Bont 1/10
Coaching 0/10
Endeavour 0/10
Tackling 0/10
English 1/10
Garner 0/10
Naughton 0/10

And they were the better ratings

This was not even a contest from start to finish. I was bit worried after the Port practice game when we got smashed in the midfield by lot of no names but put it down to just a practice game. They played the same tonight our big three in the midfield hardly touched the ball and got smashed it started there and 52 points flattered us it felt more like a 100 points
Nailed it.
Think you were a little over-optimistic in your assessment of Tim English tonight though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Embarrassing Dogs smashed by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back