Autopsy Embarrassing Dogs smashed by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Game was lost on selection...yet again. Why does Beveridge persist in playing VFL non AFL standard players like Dale, Gardiner, Young. And leaves out proven players such as McLean, Richards and Dickson. Naughton is nowhere near ready, he showed the form of a player that has missed a chunk of the pre-season, a panic move, might as well have played Schache. I know it is early days, but lose to the Blues next week, GWS the week after and the season is shot.

The Negatives
  • That was one of the worst collective efforts from Dunkley, Bont and Macrae that I've ever seen
  • Gardner. **** me. He deserved a shot to prove himself (he showed promise during the preseason), but it's back to the VFL for him. I don't necessarily think his career is over, but I think Trengove would have been a better pick here
  • Young is not ready for seniors
  • I knew English would get beaten, but that first half from him was his worst half of footy in his career
  • Was Naughton just underdone? Career worst game from him
  • Bailey Dale hugely disappointing
  • We missed the quality ball use from Richards and Lipinski. Desperately need them back in the side. Wallis is a good shot on goal, but his field kicking is shocking
  • Defence leaked too many easy ones again

The Positives
  • Pencil in Bailey Williams for a permanent spot in our 22. Very impressed with his footy post-2019
  • Caleb Daniel's ball use was back to his superb levels after a worrying Port game
  • Bailey Smith was our best mid BY FAR - what a machine he is
  • Keath was good, as was Crozier. Wood was decent too. Let down by JJ and Gardner down back

The Negatives
  • That was one of the worst collective efforts from Dunkley, Bont and Macrae that I've ever seen
  • Gardner. fu** me. He deserved a shot to prove himself (he showed promise during the preseason), but it's back to the VFL for him. I don't necessarily think his career is over, but I think Trengove would have been a better pick here
  • Young is not ready for seniors
  • I knew English would get beaten, but that first half from him was his worst half of footy in his career
  • Was Naughton just underdone? Career worst game from him
  • Bailey Dale hugely disappointing
  • We missed the quality ball use from Richards and Lipinski. Desperately need them back in the side. Wallis is a good shot on goal, but his field kicking is shocking
  • Defence leaked too many easy ones again

The Positives
  • Pencil in Bailey Williams for a permanent spot in our 22. Very impressed with his footy post-2019
  • Caleb Daniel's ball use was back to his superb levels after a worrying Port game
  • Bailey Smith was our best mid BY FAR - what a machine he is
  • Keath was good, as was Crozier. Wood was decent too. Let down by JJ and Gardner down back
You are absolutely spot on, but Gardner should never get another game, he looked completely and utterly lost.

Midfield simply cannot serve that up again or we will battle to win a game. Our defence isn’t good enough to hold up when our midfield is soundly beaten.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ryan Gardner is in the conversation with zeph skinner and Ed Barlow as the worst players I’ve ever seen play for the dogs.

Awful selections and effort, but the most horrifying thing was our inability to stick a tackle.

Our last 2 games of AFL footy have been embarrassing.

One of the worst games we have played for a long time. Started with the captain, tries to do too much, gets caught, fumbles. Noticed it in the bush fire game, all the hype about him is doing nothing for his game.
Effort apart from a few players was not there tonight. Naughton should not have played. Haven't seen the midfield beaten like that for a long time. Grundy killed us but even when English got the tap he managed to hit it to a pies player.
Pathletic, embarrassing game by the dogs. Very dissapointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the worst games we have played for a long time. Started with the captain, tries to do too much, gets caught, fumbles. Noticed it in the bush fire game, all the hype about him is doing nothing for his game.
Effort apart from a few players was not there tonight. Naughton should not have played. Haven't seen the midfield beaten like that for a long time. Grundy killed us but even when English got the tap he managed to hit it to a pies player.
Pathletic, embarrassing game by the dogs. Very dissapointing.

The fumbles were contagious too. I saw a team that had no fight, which is very alarming given they’ve had months to get ready.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He isn't, but it's all on our mids tonight

Aha.

Here is the truly damning stat mate:

1584705774342.png

Tonight's Bulldog tally of 22 x inside 50's, was the 4th worst result in recorded history.

OUT: Gardner, Young, Dale
IN: Lipinski, Richards, McLean

I am not a fan of mass changes, but these 3 things need to happen. If Lipinski isn't recovered from concussion, then Dale is lucky and stays in.

Naughton remains in the side on reputation, but almost anyone else would be dropped after a performance like that

The fact that the only worse results came from all-time terrible sides is pretty damning. Brisbane and Melbourne were absolute basket cases during that period

It has to be the methodology mate (coach).

If it isn't then blokes from that midfield should be dropped next week, regardless of reputation, because they suffocated the dogs forwards to the point where they could not get in the game.

Poor Josh Bruce & Aaron Naughton should be tested for contagious diseases after tonight's game. How are they expected to hit the scoreboard with that amount of opportunity?

Suckling shouldn’t play another game for us at AFL level. Disgraceful game. English, time to toughen up mate, no more excuses. 4 years, you’re a man now, act like one. JJ, lose the skirt mate. Macrae, learn how to find our blokes when you’ve got the ball in hand. Not Gardener’s fault, but he’s not AFL standard. Stop the experiments coaches, play to our strengths. Wallis, Caleb, Smith, Wood, tried all night. Very poor performance, but these guys need to wake up and hopefully they’ve had some home truths told to them tonight.

Aha.

Here is the truly damning stat mate:

View attachment 843734

Tonight's Bulldog tally of 22 x inside 50's, was the 4th worst result in recorded history.
You can add 25% to compare it fairly to matches played with 20 minute quarters ( so about 27 i50s) but yes that’s still pretty awful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Embarrassing Dogs smashed by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back