End of an Era: The demise of the Geelong Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Geelong period of domination is over.

Blake is a bigger blouse than Hawkins IMO.
At least he can ruck a bit. Tomahawk hasn't shown anything that make me think he can play anywhere on the ground let alone the ruck.

I've always had a soft spot for the Cats but I thought this year Bomber and a few of the players became far too arrogant so I'm not finding any sympathy for them tonight. In fact I'm a bit happy that Bomber has failed.

Agreed. Worst I have ever seen Geelong play. No hunger. Against a side that is talent wise very average, this is disgraceful. They weren't even trying from the opening bounce. The Pies by default.

They are playing like Gary Ablett told them before the game he is going to the Gold Coast........

Just another thing, people have been bagging Brad Johnson for being slow, uncompetitive etc, but christ almighty Cameron Ling looks like he's wading through waist-high mud when he's 'flat out'.

Just another thing, people have been bagging Brad Johnson for being slow, uncompetitive etc, but christ almighty Cameron Ling looks like he's wading through waist-high mud when he's 'flat out'.

And he's still contributing more than Johnson will tomorrow.

Johnson is a champion of the game. Ling is and was only just a very good player at best.
In short, BJ can afford to slow down at the end of his career. Ling was never quick and became a good footballer through sheer hard work. Sheer hard work will only get you so far.

Agreed. Worst I have ever seen Geelong play. No hunger. Against a side that is talent wise very average, this is disgraceful. They weren't even trying from the opening bounce. The Pies by default.

What a rubbish comment. :thumbsdown:

You don't finish first by being 'very average talent wise'. Clearly been the best team of the season and I'd back their best against anyone else's, Geelong's included.

Not trying? You think the hunger's gone and playing in a Preliminary final is all they want? Nah, they are getting smashed by a quicker, more committed and, increasing by the minute, more confident side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only guy that is playing the level they need tonight to win is Ablett

?? Are you actually watching the game or just the DreamTeam scores on BigFooty??

GAF has had a heap of the ball, but little to no impact.

There sure is a lot of posting in this thread by people who support teams that have bowed out already.

Sure, we're going to lose to a side playing great footy, but talking about our 'demise' is a bit premature :rolleyes:

They've been very poor tonight but who's to say they won't be back next year?

Even after they won it last year people were saying that the window might be closing for them.

end of the cats
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

End of an era.. but hell its been a great ride.. how many people can boast seeing their team win 2 outta 3 flags. good game pies you deserve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back