End of an Era: The demise of the Geelong Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get nasty catters, time to break some jaws....

I would love to see someone make an absolute mess of Didak, Shaw, O'Brien, Maxwell.... hell, the whole Collingwood team.

Isnt it funny how far a team can fall after winning a grand final 2 years previous.
Tonight is bad but its softened somewhat by the knowledge the dawks wont be a threat to anyone for a long time.
lol ofcourse there was gonna be at least one whinger .. dont cry bro - your 2 premierships out of 5 good seasons is WAY better than our 1 premiership !

Hawks arent playing tonight if you havent figured it out.
LOL ROFL bye bye

End. Of. Era.

No where near 'the' Greatest team of all time, Brisbane Lions 2001,2002,2003

You haven't even made a grand final and your window is slamming shut. At least Geelong made the best of their premiership window.

It's funny seeing Hawk fans being so happy about this. Is it because we've struggled to beat the Cats since 2008 GF? We'd all kill to achieve what they have, we've won one premiership, and done sweet **** all since. Dunno if we're in a position to gloat about Geelong losing tonight. :rolleyes:

Loving this Collingwood mockery of Geelong. Just exposing so many of Geelong's players as passengers, ala West Coast after premiership.

RIP Cats. You were a great team but its over now.

fantastic to watch, these media pets are being put to death. its a fantastic sight.

time to rot and implode.

thank you collingwood for putting out those arrogant geelong forumers here

lol. I hope you enjoy that same arrogance multiplied by about 750 from the Collingwood supporters:thumbsu:

This has got 100 points all over it.

Bomber Thompson as good as signed as Essendon Coach.

To be honest, and I know he has had amazing success and built the list up fantastically, but I dont know if Mark Thompson is any good as a coach. He often gets outcoached on gameday and without Ablett I don't know if they would have been much good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were gone before the first bounce.

LOL at 6 All Australians.

Johnson? Taylor? LOL
Why so critical of the players who played so well during the season and by finishing 2nd on the ladder after the H&A, you turn around and tip the bucket on them.?
They didn't get 2nd by being a mug team, did they.?
Accolades to Taylor as he has done DAMN well this season.

Collingwood are playing great team football. Everyone is contributing and their pressure is second to none. Can't decide who I want to win the GF out of the Saints and Pies....

They've been very poor tonight but who's to say they won't be back next year?

Even after they won it last year people were saying that the window might be closing for them.

Well they were right weren't they? So what exactly are you trying to say? :confused:

To be honest, and I know he has had amazing success and built the list up fantastically, but I dont know if Mark Thompson is any good as a coach. He often gets outcoached on gameday and without Ablett I don't know if they would have been much good.

Agreed. He was nearly sacked after 2006, but given one last chance. He was renowned for playing favorites, and given a clear directive to change his ways. The rest is history and he looked like a genius for the next 3 years.

Geez it was a good ride. Ask me in 2006 if I'd take 1, let alone 2 flags before 2010 and I'd have given my left knacker, especially after sitting through all the losing GF's from 89 -95.
Whichever way we go from here, nothing will be able to take away the great days following this club has given me over the last few years, especially from about the 15 minute mark of the 07 GF and the 'toepoke' in last years GF.

Thank you Geelong for playing by far the best style of football in the competition. Amazing team and great to watch. I just hope Geelong's demise doesn't mean the demise of aggressive football.

I'm shattered and I don't even barrack for them, such a beast of a team in their prime, and never arrogant :thumbsu:, two premierships..they should be happy.

Also they drafted damn well in the early part of the decade, they never really bottomed out, congratulations Geelong, a very well respected team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back