End of an Era: The demise of the Geelong Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You learn to live with them here, but the sooner they all take those pooncy car flags off, then it's a good thing.
They do look gone. Great era and not finished yet, but you get the feeling that the Pies have the next dynasty sewn up with such a young and impressive list.

If they don't peg some goals back and nullify collingwood in the 2nd quarter, it's game over.

2nd quarter is the key. THE KEY I SAY.

THREAD STARTED BY A HAWTHORN SUPPORTER, WHAT A SURPRISE!

**** off, honestly.

If they don't peg some goals back and nullify collingwood in the 2nd quarter, it's game over.

2nd quarter is the key. THE KEY I SAY.

key1.png

The Geelong period of domination is over.

Like the great lions teams earlier this decade the Cats dominaton is over.

The arrogance of sleeping during the club song, leaving a genuine ruckman out of a side whilst favouring a 60 game nothing player, the coach claiming the opposition is scared of them. Its all fallen apart.

They look slow, old, hesitant and generally inept. Their key forwrads are past their best with a 29 year old rookie the best they have uncovered this year.Their best player looks like he is leaving them. A favourable draw gives them 7 just about automatic wins at home a year - they only play interstate and bootom teams there.

RIP the dominant era.

It could be 10 years before they are a threat for a flag again.

Re: The Geelong period of domination is over.

who cares, they had their time in the sun.
10 years is realistic id take that with any team after such a dominance.
dw the 30 year slumber of that pathetic club richmond is much worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well and truly over, won't make the 8 next season.

They've had a great run.

Well, that's over the top [unless there's a hidden sarcasm there I couldn't detect]. They may not be premiership favourites, but they will play a big part and still be top 4. I wouldn't write them off just yet

The only guy that is playing the level they need tonight to win is Ablett

I knew they were done when North pushed them at the cattery this year.

Tom Hawkins is a blouse, I cant understand why Blake isn't out there.

Make no mistake, the one blight on Geelongs reign of domination is the handling of their ruck stocks. Mistreating Stephen King, the persiverance with Blake and losing Mumford will be their greatest failing.

Tom Hawkins is a blouse, I cant understand why Blake isn't out there.

Make no mistake, the one blight on Geelongs reign of domination is the handling of their ruck stocks. Mistreating Stephen King, the persiverance with Blake and losing Mumford will be their greatest failing.
Blake is a bigger blouse than Hawkins IMO.

We need at least 4 more threads on this, just so everyone is clear.

Seriously, no shit their dominance has to come to an end eventually, but they've won 2 flags and made the most of it.

These threads are pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back