English Premier League - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

5 units units Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U/Man City @ 3.86

Looks like one of those nights that comes around in the EPL every so often where backing all the favourites in a multi is every chance to come off that has everyone a winner. Looked into all these games and struggling to see all of them not taking away the 3 points. Always a chance for an upset of course but liking those odds and pretty confident so gone big on the 1 bet.

Couple of those lucky to sneak through (Chelsea, even Man City) but a win is a win. Was one of those nights as predicted.

+14.3 units :D:thumbsu:

Cheers. The odds went out to around 19.60 or so after I put the bet on (Tottenham and Newcastle drifted), so I decided to do a secondary bet of Chelsea/Man U/Man City/Arsenal/Newcastle/Tottenham @ around 19.80 odds. Fair to say I'll be cheering Tottenham home all the way tonight (watch them draw...)

Chelsea and Man City very lucky to win though. QPR were dangerous every attack in the last 10 mins and Chelsea did everything they could not to win.

Hedge somehow???

Or just sit back and cheer :D

Had some good results on the weekend but was on holiday so didn't post em here.

God I hate international breaks, but looking ahead to the next league games I'm taking the early price of $6.50 for Man United to win 1-0 away at Swansea.

After the drubbing by City Fergie has gone back to his tried and true more defensive approach of grinding out results. Two 1-0 results have followed. Swansea at home, with their tight defense and organised approach would be a good candidate for this result anyway but with Fergies current focus I think it's a good chance of happening.

1.5 units correct score 1-0 to Man United @ $6.50 on Sportsbet

I'll think about:

Swansea vs Man U under 2.5 goals at $1.96
Tottenham vs Aston Villa - Spurs to win $1.57
OR over 2.5 goals at $1.73

Hey guys, a general question.

Are international friendly weekends like this weekend traps for punters? Do the stronger nations and their premier players generally hold back for club football and the WC and Euro qualifiers etc hence giving the smaller nations a better chance of victory?

definitely not a good idea..having said that..i did it anyway :|

although i'm only using the money in my betting account, i'm only having a bit of fun with it, started off with $20 last week and ended up with $60.

put 10 on aussies to beat oman, 10 on a multi (brasil, netherlands, italy and germany) and used a free bet worth $15 on portugal which funnily enough is the one i'm most worried about as bosnia are no longer a weak team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a bit of spare time on my hands today so I thought I'd put on a multi on I've got:

• Arsenal
  • Stoke
  • Manchester City
  • Manchester United
  • Tottenham

for $10 with a $84.20 return makes this round just a little bit more exciting.

Didn't want to go near the other games Everton are still pretty much up in the air even though it is at home against Wolves, Sunderland and Fulham is too hard to pick could go either way pretty easily, WBA v Bolton hmmmm probably should have looked at this one a bit closer Bolton should get up and would push my return up by a fair bit too, Wigan v Blackburn yeah neither team are playing too well could go either way, Chelsea v Liverpool difficult to predict as the blues are playing not as well this season neither are Liverpool but they will probably be up for this one

wait holdup I'm going back and putting

South Korea
Australia
& Brisbane

puts me at 25.something return

edit just got back I put Iran and Everton into the equation (if Everton can't beat Wolves at home then yeah)

puts me at 50.49 at $15 fingers crossed

Thinking about this (won't bet until Friday though):

Arsenal
Man City
QPR (Win and Draw)
Man U v Swansea (Under 2.5 goals)
Chelsea

@ 16.28

Wouldn't suprise me to see QPR win or draw here. Stoke were demolished by a shabby Bolton last gameweek, while QPR pushed the best team in the league right up until the final whistle. Yes, Stoke are usually solid defensively at home, but I'm betting that the underdogs QPR can sneak a point here.

Arsenal will continue their winning form, but it won't be easy. Man City to hand Newcastle their first defeat. Swansea don't give much away at home and Man U aren't in fantastic form, won't be a goal fest. Chelsea should get it done against an up and down Liverpool.
Wow that's not a bad bet.

Not too sure about Swansea vs Man U being under 2.5 goals, got a feeling it could be a 2-1 scoreline.

Arsenal are very good odds at Norwich imo, they are in awesome form and RVP is almost guaranteed to score.*

*No jinx

I like the Swansea/Man U unders at good odds. United play cautiously away and even more so now with their defensive woes this season. Swansea have been winning at home but this will be their first real challenge there this season.

IMO arsenal way too short away from home. I feel they still can't be trusted enough to be taken at ~1.70 as they still ship way to many goals.

And although I really shouldn't be betting on a shit team to beat another shit team, I'll have a go at Blackburn this week. I gave wigan their last chance last week. Dont like the odds on any other games this week.

Just looking at the odds for next week (IASbet have them up already), Man City have opened at 2.37 against Liverpool at Anfield.

Surely the best team in the league, who have performed just as good away from home, should be starting way lower against a team that has won 2/6 at home this year, including draws to Norwich and Swansea? Unless Man City rest half their stars I don't see how they won't win.

Hope that value holds.

What you think every team tries to outplay Manchester United when they play at home? It means that the game may not go under like some people have posted.

actually it means next to nothing

its just a stock media question 'how will you play against man utd this weekend?' 'well we go out to win every game and this game will be no different'

insert into any press conference ever

Remove this Banner Ad

English Premier League - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back