English Premier League: 25/4, 26/4 and 27/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Howard Webb boned to the Championship this week.

Although he did get the biggest game there - (the Reading/Brum one)

**** off you bald ****! :D

Haha.

You're only saying that because your team is the only one stupid enough to take him on at >100k a week.

Some of us are capable of having an opinion that isn't dependent on what their team does.

If I thought Owen would be a bad signing for us I would say so.

A stat that sums Michael Owen up nicely. Has a grand total of 2 assists in 4 years of playing for Newcastle United. He may have scored 8 goals but none against quality opposition and quite a few of those have been gift wrapped sitters. Newcastle have created a ton of opportunities for him too. To score those 8 hes wasted another 30 or so opportunities. Really a half decent player would have more then 8 given the opportunities he has wasted.

In the end City are about to trade off Sturridge for Owen. I know which one I and everyone else would prefer. Heck Michael Owens mum would even prefer Sturridge

A stat that sums Michael Owen up nicely. Has a grand total of 2 assists in 4 years of playing for Newcastle United. He may have scored 8 goals but none against quality opposition and quite a few of those have been gift wrapped sitters. Newcastle have created a ton of opportunities for him too. To score those 8 hes wasted another 30 or so opportunities. Really a half decent player would have more then 8 given the opportunities he has wasted.

In the end City are about to trade off Sturridge for Owen. I know which one I and everyone else would prefer. Heck Michael Owens mum would even prefer Sturridge

Where did you get that assist stat from? I'm not saying it's wrong, it probably isn't, but I'd be interested to know.

Him and Martins have to be the worst finishers I've ever seen, and it's absolutely hilarious that the commentators in EVERY SINGLE GAME go on about 'oh if that fell to Owen' 'Owen, what a brilliant finisher' :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think that statistic says much at all to be honest. I doubt Ian Rush had 2 assists in his whole first spell at Liverpool and I doubt Gary Linekar had 2 assists in his whole career.

well probably not as much as you but i know enough to know hes a finisher not a creator. To criticise him based on his assists doesnt really mean much. Beside you're just bitter hes been shit for you guys.

He doesn't play on the last man, hasn't in about 3 seasons.

He's shit regardless, not just for us.

Why did he move back to England? Because he couldn't get a game for Madrid. Why was that? Because he was/is shit.

Owen was actually pretty popular at Madrid. The fans liked him because he put in his shift. Which is ironic, as he's done the complete opposite at Newcastle.

Thing is, he only seems to care if he's in the shop window for a big club or if his England spot is at stake. He clearly saw the move to Newcastle as nothing more than a stepping stone and he's pissed off that now he's "stuck" there.

Especially when he still put in 13 and had the league's highest ratio of goals scored to minutes played in his one season there.

18 in 41 overall isn't bad when you consider less than half of those were starts.

Bit harsh if you're going to call players shit based on the criteria of not getting a game for Real Madrid.

True.

Big Jules struggles and he's a superstar.

Owen was actually pretty popular at Madrid. The fans liked him because he put in his shift. Which is ironic, as he's done the complete opposite at Newcastle.

Thing is, he only seems to care if he's in the shop window for a big club or if his England spot is at stake. He clearly saw the move to Newcastle as nothing more than a stepping stone and he's pissed off that now he's "stuck" there.

He only really cares for himself. That's all there is to it. Bit surprising he's still not trying since his contract runs out in the summer, I would've thought he'd want to put himself in the shop window and show clubs he's still got 'it'.

Be interesting to see what happens to him in the summer, I can see him going to the MLS, because that's where the money will be at.

Remove this Banner Ad

English Premier League: 25/4, 26/4 and 27/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back