Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Giving Everton a reason to win is dangerous. They’ll never go down.

The Toffees have shown amazing fighting spirit, but they are somewhat lucky in that they are competing against three of the least prepared/worst promoted teams to have come up (collectively) in years.

Can't wait to see Burnley and the Blunts go down again. Those clubs never add anything of value to the Premier League imo

Kevin Muscat has just finished his J League contract. Doubt he will be looking at another one, might be a good one to hire if Moyes is fired mid season.
Sullivan doesn't fire managers mid season unless he absolutely has to, and with us being in the top 10, there's no chance of Moyes going, he just won't be re-signed to a new contract which finishes at the end of the season.

The Toffees have shown amazing fighting spirit, but they are somewhat lucky in that they are competing against three of the least prepared/worst promoted teams to have come up (collectively) in years.

Can't wait to see Burnley and the Blunts go down again. Those clubs never add anything of value to the Premier League imo

Has all 3 promoted teams ever all gone straight back down?

Lot of talk early in the season that Spurs are better off without Kane. Last few games have proven they're not.
Odd take given the context but correct overall. Just an odd set of games to show it

I think the wide forwards are an issue. Kulusevski is anti ange football and Johnson looks very raw. I think the side passed well enough through the midfield and did ok progressing the ball and then it just died on the flanks especially kulus side.

Although Hojberg looked terrible trying to pass into the final third.
Kulu is an enigma. He does good things, but when he goes wide, he’s refused to cross the ball on his right.
In professional football it’s hilarious how some just don’t cross or pass with opposite foot. Ange is going to get frustrated soon.
Johnson is working hard and getting good spots.

Bissouma needs a link up player. Misses Maddison badly

Hasn't been named yet, pretty sure that's just some alt account trolling, but you never know.

Yeah, he did have a good month anyway. So I wouldn’t be surprised tbh.

Hasn't been named yet, pretty sure that's just some alt account trolling, but you never know.
Click the link and 19.2m followers. No parody account for anyone famous has those numbers.
Looks like Fab

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Villa winning is enormous. They will be buzzing after beating City and may well be looking to do it again against us. Not going to be easy and I'd not be surprised if we lost.

It must be noted we are missing Partey big time, and the loss of Timber has impacted things.

However, the mentality of this side is phenomenal. Never say die, always fight for each other and always do what is best for the team. We may not be playing as well as last season but we are digging up and winning when it matters most.
When it matters most for this Arsenal side will be in the run home March onwards. And hope City don't come home with a 12 win streak to make a meritorious run home redundant anyway.

Anyway for now they've not ceded ground. The real tests are to come. In fact this Villa one followed by Liverpool are the two I'd mark down as pre Christmas indicators. Win both and there will be a definite buzz.

When it matters most for this Arsenal side will be in the run home March onwards. And hope City don't come home with a 12 win streak to make a meritorious run home redundant anyway.

Anyway for now they've not ceded ground. The real tests are to come. In fact this Villa one followed by Liverpool are the two I'd mark down as pre Christmas indicators. Win both and there will be a definite buzz.

Arsenal will choke again. Elmer's crystal ball has confirmed it.

City generally piss fart around this time of the year (Xmas/Yuletide/Kwanza etc) and then get cracking after the new year, when their direct premier league rivals have overindulged in the Holiday Spirit and get arrogant/complacent and start to slip up.

You can bet your house this will happen again. Except this time i think Liverpool will finish 2nd/runners up to Citeh

#ElmersGoodOil

Arsenal will choke again. Elmer's crystal ball has confirmed it.

City generally piss fart around this time of the year (Xmas/Yuletide/Kwanza etc) and then get cracking after the new year, when their direct premier league rivals have overindulged in the Holiday Spirit and get arrogant/complacent and start to slip up.

You can bet your house this will happen again. Except this time i think Liverpool will finish 2nd/runners up to Citeh

#ElmersGoodOil
The lead isn’t big enough either. Arsenal, Liverpool still draw here and then. It’s not a 10+ point gap. Man City will still cruise

Kulu is an enigma. He does good things, but when he goes wide, he’s refused to cross the ball on his right.
In professional football it’s hilarious how some just don’t cross or pass with opposite foot. Ange is going to get frustrated soon.
Johnson is working hard and getting good spots.

Bissouma needs a link up player. Misses Maddison badly
There's a good player in Kulu but just not as a wide right player for ange
He frustrated the hell out of me against West Ham. Killed so many attacks single handedly after some really nice build up play

Game against Villa at home is enormous.

14 wins in a row is something special. Last team to beat Villa at home? Arsenal.
I know it seems it but I do think it's too early for Arsenal to be having enormous games.

See how it goes, great if you win still a long way to go. Don't win, sad but its a temporary setback.

Way too early in the season to be placing too much importance on any one game. You're nerves will be gone by February with three months still to play.

The lead isn’t big enough either. Arsenal, Liverpool still draw here and then. It’s not a 10+ point gap. Man City will still cruise
Still not sold on City. Their thin squad has been exposed and the hunger doesn't seem to be there as much.

Arsenal/Liverpool still favourites, but Villa winning it would be awesome. They've got the manager and squad capable of doing it. Their main drawback is that their away form is a bit iffy.

Last edited:
I know it seems it but I do think it's too early for Arsenal to be having enormous games.

See how it goes, great if you win still a long way to go. Don't win, sad but its a temporary setback.

Way too early in the season to be placing too much importance on any one game. You're nerves will be gone by February with three months still to play.

Any points at Villa is a good result for Arsenal. They've won 14 straight at home.

By the same token if Villa get the chocolates they are going to be seen as real title contenders.

Would be a story if they were to win the title but unlike Leicester who only had Spurs rivalling them Arsenal, City, Liverpool & Spurs will be pushing them this time round. So in that regard it's a much tougher task for Villa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back