Premier Lg EPL Matchday 7 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a little sad that a grown man follows a manager rather than a club and thinks he can do no wrong. Would expect that of a child.
The irony of the amount of childish bullshit in this post from arguably the biggest w***er on the website isn't lost on anyone

Chelsea Forest game was mental. Wtf was JWP doing lol.

Madueke is an exciting player. That period of stoppage time would have been intense to watch in real time as a fan of either team!

And what on Earth are Spurs doing? Blowing a 2-0 lead is pretty poor, read something like this is the 13th time they've done this, more than any other team. Pretty damning.
Think JWP potentially saved a goal to be honest. Chelsea were away on a break with more numbers.

The way Ange wants Spurs to play just isn’t sustainable in a league like this. The players burnout quickly during a game and then during the season.

He obviously still needs to improve the squad too but even the best athletes will struggle over time with too many high pressing games.

As many have said before, he really needs to be able to change tactics when necessary. Whilst I respect his stubbornness to stick with the way he wants regardless of the situation, it’s pretty naive as a top level manager to be incapable of doing so.

I think Ange has already adjusted. He’s playing Maddison up the field more. Giving he and Kulusevski more space by not inverting the full backs as much therefore creating more midfield space. They were playing pretty good until that second half which looked more like poor defending by Udogie and Van de Ven in particular. Didn’t look like tactical issue. I think the naive accusation that’s continually being used against is more because of fact he’s an Aussie , not a known football country. Yet the most naive managers in England seem to be English.

Besides that I thought Ange should’ve used his subs earlier

I think Ange has already adjusted. He’s playing Maddison up the field more. Giving he and Kulusevski more space by not inverting the full backs as much therefore creating more midfield space. They were playing pretty good until that second half which looked more like poor defending by Udogie and Van de Ven in particular. Didn’t look like tactical issue. I think the naive accusation that’s continually being used against is more because of fact he’s an Aussie , not a known football country. Yet the most naive managers in England seem to be English.

Besides that I thought Ange should’ve used his subs earlier
Conceded less goals than Villa this season but apparently ange is a one trick pony with no tactical ability and Emery is a genius with no flaws.
You could say he failed to motivate his team or say he should have used more subs or earlier sure but the tactics have been fine this season and the goals weren't from high line counters they were from Udogie being shit.

Conceded less goals than Villa this season but apparently ange is a one trick pony with no tactical ability and Emery is a genius with no flaws.
You could say he failed to motivate his team or say he should have used more subs or earlier sure but the tactics have been fine this season and the goals weren't from high line counters they were from Udogie being shit.
Why are you trying to compare Spurs and Villa?

This season, OK. Eight games in. Is it going to be the same come the end of the season? Unlikely.

Who was better last season?

Who conceded less goals last season?

Who scored more?

Who finished higher?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Ange wants Spurs to play just isn’t sustainable in a league like this. The players burnout quickly during a game and then during the season.

He obviously still needs to improve the squad too but even the best athletes will struggle over time with too many high pressing games.

As many have said before, he really needs to be able to change tactics when necessary. Whilst I respect his stubbornness to stick with the way he wants regardless of the situation, it’s pretty naive as a top level manager to be incapable of doing so.

I would say the intensity that Ange has played at has dropped from Celtic to Tottenham season 1 and dropped again to Tottenham season 2. He has made adjustments.

This season, OK. Eight games in. Is it going to be the same come the end of the season? Unlikely.

Who was better last season?

Who conceded less goals last season?

Who scored more?

Who finished higher?
Dunno why you took this so weird. Villas a great team. They finished 2 points above spurs last year so my point stands exactly the same. It's a lazy narrative by people

Dunno why you took this so weird. Villas a great team. They finished 2 points above spurs last year so my point stands exactly the same. It's a lazy narrative by people
Lazier than the strawman the everyone loves Emery and thinks he’s a genius?

Genuine question. In your view, can Ange be successful, i.e. have measurable improvement from last year, with the current squad? Or can it only occur by adding new players?

Lazier than the strawman the everyone loves Emery and thinks he’s a genius?

Genuine question. In your view, can Ange be successful, i.e. have measurable improvement from last year, with the current squad? Or can it only occur by adding new players?
Depends what you mean by success. I don't think even the craziest Tottenham fan thinks they have a better squad than Liverpool, City or arsenal so spurs are already 4th best at best. Villa have a good squad and coach arguably better in both, Chelsea have a better squad as well imo. I think any project to get Tottenham to the top will take more than 1 year and 7 games. Ten haag has won back to back cups but it means **** all because the leagues so difficult right now. I definitely think the squad needs work though, Timo Werner and Brennan Johnson ( as good a form as Johnson is in) are miles off a title challenging front line. Son is 33 and the other back up is a teenage Odobert and 17 year old Mikey Moore. The depth he added was 18 year old Gray and Bergvall.

It's why I don't like the over reaction week to week I think this squad is 2 years away from challenging if they make the right signings.

To my eye the team is better than last year this year. Shocking second half against Brighton but outside of that they've been pretty sound defensively and unlucky in attack. Imo spurs have been better this year than last year the table just doesn't show it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 7 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back