Essendon players mother remains a mystery - H/S 24/6

Remove this Banner Ad

But this incident doesn't affect Ed's credibility yeah?
As long as he satisfied himself that the caller was genuine, then like every other journo in the world, he is entitled to run with it . He said she was rung back 2 times. By himself and a producer.

Whether he was deceived is another matter. But he wouldn't be the first. But as long as they do their best to verify the Bona fides of a source, that's all they can do.

It still didn't change the technicalities of the case. An emotional caller didn't make Essendon any more guilty or not guilty.

As long as he satisfied himself that the caller was genuine, then like every other journo in the world, he is entitled to run with it . He said she was rung back 2 times. By himself and a producer.
Ah so Ed chucking a false caller on the line and parading it as something it wasn't (If she was faked) doesn't hurt him in anyway shape or form.

But Robbo exposing this does.

Got it.

Whether he was deceived is another matter. But he wouldn't be the first. But as long as they do their best to verify the Bona fides of a source, that's all they can do.

It still didn't change the technicalities of the case. An emotional caller didn't make Essendon any more guilty or not guilty.

It only affects his credibility if he was in on the PR stunt.
Otherwise he's just a fool who was played by an AFL PR agency. And we already knew he was a fool.
Problem is, he's mates with a few people on a few boards who were getting a lot of heat from Hird at the time when this went down.. so there's definitely motive.
If it's proven that it was an AFL PR stunt to bury Essendon and that he assisted Demetriou to do it then it's only right that he resigns from his role as president of Collingwood.

It only affects his credibility if he was in on the PR stunt.
Otherwise he's just a fool who was played by an AFL PR agency. And we already knew he was a fool.
Problem is, he's mates with a few people on a few boards who were getting a lot of heat from Hird at the time when this went down.. so there's definitely motive.
If it's proven that it was an AFL PR stunt to bury Essendon and that he assisted Demetriou to do it then it's only right that he resigns from his role as president of Collingwood.

The only fools are the the people who believe he would risk his multi million dollar media career all for the sake of one call, one story. Especially when there is always another story around the corner waiting to be told. He may have got duped, it may be genuine. But he declared it before she went to air, he did as much verification as he could before it went to air. That's all he could do before losing the story.

But if this is the pinnacle of Essendon supporters moral outrage, have a look at the actions of your club and the duty of care they didn't exercise with young men's health.

I'm sure EM exercised far more diligence in this instance than EFC did with this whole issue.

Even Gerrard WHately on 360 put Robbo on the spot last night about this article. Pressed him for why and where he was going with it, and that he was "on watch". Robbo had no answer except to squirm in his chair and carry on about there being so many unknowns in this case - effectively trying to avoid the question for Gerrard. Gerrard still put him "on watch" and Robbo squirmed again. He is truly becoming an embarrassment to the HS.

Even Gerrard WHately on 360 put Robbo on the spot last night about this article. Pressed him for why and where he was going with it, and that he was "on watch". Robbo had no answer except to squirm in his chair and carry on about there being so many unknowns in this case - effectively trying to avoid the question for Gerrard. Gerrard still put him "on watch" and Robbo squirmed again. He is truly becoming an embarrassment to the HS.
He actually got vocally upset. Was good viewing. He didn't like being called on the futility of the whole article.

Have I got this right?

A woman rings up on Eddie McGuire's show claiming to be the mother of an Essendon player. Quite sensibly asks for anonymity.

Identity of woman cannot be verified.

Therefore she is a fraud.

Not that this has anything to do with the investigation itself but the logic is nuts.

Its not like she's the only family member of a player who's come out and been quite vocal about the EFC's conduct over the doping scandal either. Crameri's sister was quite livid on facebook a while back if I recall correctly. There was a screen dump on the dishlicker's board, I think Ant_ might've posted it.

No HS article about that though.

Have I got this right?

A woman rings up on Eddie McGuire's show claiming to be the mother of an Essendon player. Quite sensibly asks for anonymity.

Identity of woman cannot be verified.

Therefore she is a fraud.

Not that this has anything to do with the investigation itself but the logic is nuts.
How do we know it was a woman?
Was it really Eddie?

Why is there this big mystery now over who the mother of the Essendon player was? I thought it was widely known/named for a day or two at the time whose mother it was, and then that all mysteriously all got swept under the rug (I even copped a 24 hour ban on here for mentioning the player's name, and I only did it because I thought it was common knowledge), and nobody knew the name at all. I'm no insider, and I heard a name get mentioned in a few different places, so why is there such mystery? Was that info wrong, or just speculation?

Its not like she's the only family member of a player who's come out and been quite vocal about the EFC's conduct over the doping scandal either. Crameri's sister was quite livid on facebook a while back if I recall correctly. There was a screen dump on the dishlicker's board, I think Ant_ might've posted it.

No HS article about that though.

Was Crameri's wife. I think she said they've delayed starting a family because of the uncertainty about what Stewie was injected with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Eddie also pay Crameri's wife to post that stuff on facebook as well? what are all these family members doing sooking about this stuff anyways? Its not like they were injected!!

I know the Crameri family quite well and as far as anyone actually knows, he's still single!!!!

Hmmm..make of that what you will.

Put the entire thing into context. a so called journalist writing absolute fiction in the most speculative fashion to serve his own emotional position.
I don't mind footy journos writing about their club with emotion. But to drag up something that has no context to the current state of affairs just because it's not looking good for them, now that is futile and does his standing no good.

Even it it proved to be a fake or whatever, how is that going to impact on the outcomes ahead?

What has any of that got to do with whether Essendon is guilty of doping their players or not? It's hilarious the cute little nicknames and diversionary tactics the EFC, their supporters and media mouthpieces think will go any way to discrediting those who see through their bullshit and are calling them out for the cheats they are.

I'm a "delusional foamer" (haha seriously who comes up with this shit, are you 8 years old?) because I can understand why a person may want to remain anonymous when confronted with the possibility of having to deal with nutjobs like the Essendon supporters who post on here and BomberBlitz not to mention the attack dogs in the EFC & media who will no doubt undertake a smear campaign to try and discredit that person. Just because the Essendon google detectives haven't been able to figure out who she is apparently she's a fake.

Apparently I'm also a "delusional foamer" because regardless of whether this person is actually real or a fraud I think it has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on determining the guilt or innocence of the EFC and it's players on the question of whether they doped or not. This is known as a diversionary tactic to try and stop people focusing on the real issues at hand and get them to argue about minor issues on the periphery.

Finally, I am also a "delusional foamer" (you nutjobs really crack me up with that one every time :)) because I see through your attempts to sling mud at everyone else to try and divert attention away from your disgrace of a cheating club and try and drag them all down with you. No other club has been found to have undertaken a cllub-wide program of doping with PED's/prohibited substances as EFC has (it even included the coaches!), they were found to have inadequate processes in place which could have led to a situation like what happened at EFC. It didn't happen, but it could have. At Essendon it did happen. That is the difference.

So take your petulant name calling and blind denial elsewhere because your childish tactics don't work on people without a vested interest and whose eyes aren't closed by blind loyalty.

Worthy of a re-quote for nothing else than to re-inforce the point as to what is going on at the moment from the EFC:

Diversion
Diversion
Diversion

Apologies, was going by memory :oops: But it does highlight the fact that this witch hunt for Sarah is just ludicrous.

I might be mistaken about Amanda Crameri - not sure - anyway your point is quite correct: the pursuit of Sarah is a deliberate distraction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon players mother remains a mystery - H/S 24/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back